BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board The Sports Lounge Kaepernick and the National Anthem

08-28-2016, 06:34 PM   #1
larryn
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '97 332ti, '21 X5 45e, '16 GT4

Kaepernick and the National Anthem

I was startled to learn of what he did yesterday during the national anthem, and he just doubled down and stated he's going to continue to disrespect the flag, the country and the national anthem.

The very thing he is protesting he would not be allowed to protest in a majority of the countries of this world, and he should be greatful and respectful for the right he has to protest... To me, he's right up there with the biggest hypocrites in sports today. There are other ways to use his celebrity status for this cause than this.

My wish is that he's benched for good and cut short into the season. He completely sucked yesterday, btw, and I was more than glad to see that.

He's tweeted that he sees no difference between the confederate flag and the stars and stripes.

Your thoughts? Blatant stupidity or attention whore? (or something else)
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2016, 06:55 PM   #2
kprocivic
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: ecoboost s to the t

No reason to bench some one who's on the bench. I get What he's standing up for, not sure if the nfl is ready for that.
      08-28-2016, 07:03 PM   #3
JoeyBananas
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: NA

He was raised by White people. fucking idiot
Appreciate 1
1LRM3516.50
      08-28-2016, 07:04 PM   #4
csu87
Banned
Rep
Drives: 09 335xi

He's trying to keep himself relevant imo. There are better ways to go about seeking change, and i haven't heard of him doing anything else other than this.

Guess when you can't even beat out Gabbert, you have to resort to things like this to keep your name on espn
Appreciate 6
larryn2145.50
OutlawX3M296.00
geek57.00
bmw1racer998.00
      08-28-2016, 07:15 PM   #5
larryn
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kprocivic View Post
No reason to bench some one who's on the bench. I get What he's standing up for, not sure if the nfl is ready for that.
See, I don't think he gets it at all. In his most recent interview today, he compared 6 months of intense police training to being less trained than a cosmetologist: "Someone that's holding a curling iron has more education and more training than people that have a gun and are going out on the street to protect us."

Then, he went onto say that this has nothing to do with the fine people in the service to our country (who coincidentally have 10 weeks of basic training before being eligible for deployment).

The more he talks, the more I think he's just a clueless loser who has no idea how to constructively bring light to something that does need to be addressed.
Appreciate 3
OutlawX3M296.00
Jhenka31.00
VRG_135836.50
      08-28-2016, 07:50 PM   #6
insanecoder
Banned
Rep
Drives: 340isDrive

I know he's trying to make a statement
but that is not an effective nor popular way to do that
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2016, 07:50 PM   #7
stashtrey
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 08 E90 335xi TiAg

Garage List
Awful QB. Still can't get over Smith getting f'd out of his starting position off injury. What the F happened!? We were so good and now sooo bad and in for years of garbage. Ugh.

Oh and fuck him for his stupid attention-whoring.
Appreciate 1
1LRM3516.50
      08-28-2016, 07:55 PM   #8
Msizzle
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 M6 Coupe

I am an American Citizen who was born in Jamaica and I'm outraged by what he did. I didn't come to this country until I was 8 and I am so grateful to this country for the things I have accomplished and many in my family has been able to accomplish. I find nothing more irresponsible than hearing someone like him making blanker statements like "cops murder "innocent" black men" with no regard for the actual details or circumstances of each situation. Just about EVERY incident at minimum the guy committed a crime then resisted arrest! Now of course law enforcement may very well be wrong in some of the cases but definitely not most. This flag and this country means so much to me and I cringe at the thought that more will follow and this can some how become normal or acceptable.
Appreciate 10
larryn2145.50
1LRM3516.50
Naz241627.50
Jhenka31.00
VRG_135836.50
RABAUKE4653.00
      08-28-2016, 08:02 PM   #9
kprocivic
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Msizzle View Post
I am an American Citizen who was born in Jamaica and I'm outraged by what he did. I didn't come to this country until I was 8 and I am so grateful to this country for the things I have accomplished and many in my family has been able to accomplish. I find nothing more irresponsible than hearing someone like him making blanker statements like "cops murder "innocent" black men" with no regard for the actual details or circumstances of each situation. Just about EVERY incident at minimum the guy committed a crime then resisted arrest! Now of course law enforcement may very well be wrong in some of the cases but definitely not most. This flag and this country means so much to me and I cringe at the thought that more will follow and this can some how become normal or acceptable.
I'm glad you're happy here. I'm also sorry you don't understand what's at stake right now.
      08-28-2016, 08:03 PM   #10
Msizzle
Lieutenant
Rep

As a succesful black man i feel insulted by those that say we are oppressed or suggest that we haven't gotten anywhere as a culture. We of course still need more progress but the word "oppressed" was used when blacks counted as 3/5 of a human being, Kap(who is mixed) makes millions in this oppressed country. This country has produced a black president, black attorney general, even the head of nasa! My company is made up of 22 auto dealerships in Long Island Ny with an Italian owner, we have 5 black general managers. So to those who say we have made no progress or want to use words like oppression, or modern slaves to compare them selves to ancestors who were actual property or only worth 3/5 of a human being, I think you need to educate your selves and be thank full for what those who were oppressed did for us. And don't get me started on what we do each other or the words we use to greet our friends
Appreciate 15
Katin134.00
larryn2145.50
1LRM3516.50
OutlawX3M296.00
Naz241627.50
Jhenka31.00
VRG_135836.50
MadZarBMR712.00
EdM53854.50
      08-28-2016, 08:06 PM   #11
Msizzle
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
I'm glad you're happy here. I'm also sorry you don't understand what's at stake right now.
Kindly educate me on whats at stake? There is nothing wrong with taking a social stance but blatantly disrespecting our anthem and flag in front of the entire world is NOT constructive. You want more to follow?
Appreciate 1
VRG_135836.50
      08-28-2016, 08:07 PM   #12
kprocivic
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
As a succesful black man i feel insulted by those that say we are oppressed or suggest that we haven't gotten anywhere as a culture. We of course still need more progress but the word "oppressed" was used when blacks counted as 3/5 of a human being, Kap(who is mixed) makes millions in this oppressed country. This country has produced a black president, black attorney general, even the head of nasa! My company is made up of 22 auto dealerships in Long Island Ny with an Italian owner, we have 5 black general managers. So to those who say we have made no progress or want to use words like oppression, or modern slaves to compare them selves to ancestors who were actual property or only worth 3/5 of a human being, I think you need to educate your selves and be thank full for what those who were oppressed did for us. And don't get me started on what we do each other or the words we use to greet our friends
Lol so you're saying everything is all good.
      08-28-2016, 08:09 PM   #13
kprocivic
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Kindly educate me on whats at stake? There is nothing wrong with taking a social stance but blatantly disrespecting our anthem and flag in front of the entire world is NOT constructive. You want more to follow?
When i was a kid in school we use to say the pledge of allegiance everyday.
      08-28-2016, 08:15 PM   #14
bdkinnh
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2017 M4

Meh. He's washed up and trying to stay relevant, and he's found a way where he can stay part of the conversation and pat himself on the back at the same time.

I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and assume that he truly believes what he's saying, but if he was an "up & coming" QB I'd be willing to bet that he'd keep his mouth shut and not make waves. Right now, he has nothing to lose.

He may not be willing to stand, but I'll bet he's willing to deposit the checks.
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2016, 08:16 PM   #15
Msizzle
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Lol so you're saying everything is all good.
I will quote my self since apparently you misread it "We of course still need more progress "

But I would consider going from property to 3/5 to president is progress. Jackie Robinson went through hell as a baseball player, Blacks now dominate basketball and football. Baseball is no longer Americas pastime. All I'm saying is that we have done so much as a culture in the last 100 years and i don't think its right to "speak us into slavery" I know I'm raising my son to be the President 1 day or what ever else he may what, NOT talking him into what he can't do because a white person is holding him back.
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2016, 08:18 PM   #16
Katin
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 328i XDrive

In the most free country of the world should he not have the right? Chastising him for not partisapating is a contradiction in theory.
we should be respectful of another's beliefs especially in "the land of the free and home of the brave" Is he not exhibiting his freedom in a brave way?
I don't even know what his position is but think if we start making others behave as we do then that contradicts the very foundation of the USA.
Appreciate 2
kprocivic807.50
UncleWede17874.00
      08-28-2016, 08:22 PM   #17
kprocivic
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katin View Post
In the most free country of the world should he not have the right? Chastising him for not partisapating is a contradiction in theory.
we should be respectful of another's beliefs especially in "the land of the free and home of the brave" Is he not exhibiting his freedom in a brave way?
I don't even know what his position is but think if we start making others behave as we do then that contradicts the very foundation of the USA.
Drop the mic thread done.
      08-28-2016, 08:57 PM   #18
larryn
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Drop the mic thread done.
He has every right to be a hypocritic wannabe, who can't see what this makes him look like. There are far better ways than to say that the country that he's unbelieveably benefitted from is the same as slave days and the confederate flag means that same to him as the american flag, and he doesn't even realize that it stands for the "land of the free". For him, he's free to be a clueless asshat.

Like I originallly said, there are FAR better ways he could use his celebrity. All this will do it cost the team and NFL money. He's guaranteed to be on the bench>off roster now, as irrelevant as he's been.

He is so clueless that he doesn't even realize that the flag and national anthem represent the things that allow him to do this, yet he dumps on it.

CFL might be a win-win for him.. if he played well...
Appreciate 1
9krpmrx8808.00
      08-28-2016, 09:12 PM   #19
kprocivic
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by larryn View Post
He has every right to be a hypocritic wannabe, who can't see what this makes him look like. There are far better ways than to say that the country that he's unbelieveably benefitted from is the same as slave days and the confederate flag means that same to him as the american flag, and he doesn't even realize that it stands for the "land of the free". For him, he's free to be a clueless asshat.

Like I originallly said, there are FAR better ways he could use his celebrity. All this will do it cost the team and NFL money. He's guaranteed to be on the bench>off roster now, as irrelevant as he's been.

He is so clueless that he doesn't even realize that the flag and national anthem represent the things that allow him to do this, yet he dumps on it.

CFL might be a win-win for him.. if he played well...

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/colin-k...215537922.html
      08-28-2016, 09:16 PM   #20
larryn
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
That was the reason for me posting this thread. I already knew he was plannig on continuing with his stupidity. He should be thanking the flag and singing loudly, because the are the representation of freedom that allows him to protest.
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2016, 09:20 PM   #21
kprocivic
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by larryn View Post
That was the reason for me posting this thread. I already knew he was plannig on continuing with his stupidity. He should be thanking the flag and singing loudly, because the are the representation of freedom that allows him to protest.
Lol maybe you don't read the article he brought up a very valid point in regards to police training.
      08-28-2016, 09:28 PM   #22
SakhirM4
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 SO M4/'20 Z4 M40i

Garage List
2020 BMW Z4 M40i  [10.00]
2015 BMW M4  [8.76]
I spent 21+ years in the U.S. Air Force defending the freedom that allows Colin to do what he did. I also defended my freedom to totally disapprove of his actions and to feel that those 21+ years were totally disrespected by his actions.
Tejas Chapter, BMW CCA, mem #23915, President 27 years, www.tejaschapter.org
Appreciate 7
OutlawX3M296.00
geek57.00
MKSixer34171.50