BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW Z4 Forums (G29) BMW Z4 (G29) General Forum M40i Build Timeline

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      07-30-2021, 08:41 AM   #683
Horseman
Captain
Horseman's Avatar
262
Rep
701
Posts

Drives: 2021 Z4 SDrive 30i
Join Date: May 2021
Location: Texas

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAZ007 View Post
Thanks. I can trust the SA over the Genius line/website because she is on top of her information. Funny thing is we will commiserate over the frustration of the long wait together. My car her commission.
Damn on a truck since WEDNESDAY? Where are they dropping off first? Seattle? You'd think that Houston would have been the first stop.
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2021, 09:02 AM   #684
TAZ007
Lieutenant Colonel
TAZ007's Avatar
814
Rep
1,608
Posts

Drives: 2021 Z4 M40
Join Date: May 2021
Location: Texas

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2021 Z4 M40  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Horseman View Post
Damn on a truck since WEDNESDAY? Where are they dropping off first? Seattle? You'd think that Houston would have been the first stop.
I know the truck company will fill the trailer. My guess is they have 4 dealerships worth of cars on it because of the RAM fixes.
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2021, 02:18 PM   #685
Horseman
Captain
Horseman's Avatar
262
Rep
701
Posts

Drives: 2021 Z4 SDrive 30i
Join Date: May 2021
Location: Texas

iTrader: (0)

Did you get it? TAZ007?
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2021, 04:17 PM   #686
TAZ007
Lieutenant Colonel
TAZ007's Avatar
814
Rep
1,608
Posts

Drives: 2021 Z4 M40
Join Date: May 2021
Location: Texas

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2021 Z4 M40  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Horseman View Post
Did you get it? TAZ007?
Unfortunately, no. It was release to the truck carrier on 26 JUL with a Dealership ETA of 29 JUL. I was at the Dealer today, 31 JUL, and they have not seen it. They tried contacting the carrier with no luck and they contacted BMW Delivery Center. They are more frustrated than I am I believe.

At the dealer, they had about 4 acres of asphalt. Not many cars for sale and only 3 new ones left! I was there when they sold the B7 Alpina. The dealer is hurting for inventory that they made a great offer for an early trade of my M235 F23 and gave me a loaner. Hopefully next week.
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2021, 05:01 PM   #687
Horseman
Captain
Horseman's Avatar
262
Rep
701
Posts

Drives: 2021 Z4 SDrive 30i
Join Date: May 2021
Location: Texas

iTrader: (0)

Good lord... you just can't catch a break....
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2021, 06:16 PM   #688
cosmic_driver
New Member
3
Rep
9
Posts

Drives: Mazda 3
Join Date: Jul 2021
Location: Los Angeles

iTrader: (0)

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWGirlFL View Post
The tracking timeline on bmwusa.com begins at an order/production stage prior to VIN assignment. Signing up/getting info from the Genius hotline is possible with only a production no. It sounds like your store may be unable to provide a production no. or scheduled build week because they don't have an available allocation. Try to gain some education about how the allocation process works.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Horseman View Post
Welcome. You should have gotten a production number to track your vehicle. You would log into mybmw and use that production number. The VIN will come later. Welcome to the forum. A few of us have posted our timelines. You can also check my forum thread for some additional info…. Thread starts with “Excited!”. What did you build?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Horseman View Post
That is total BS, btw..... you need to call them out on that. You don't get a VIN until it's in production.
To give you all an update, I took your advice and decided to just go up there today. Good news! They gave me an update and provided my VIN number!!

Here's the screenshot of the current status:



I'm super excited! Can't wait when it arrives at the dealership.

Thanks you all for helping me out! Much appreciated

Last edited by cosmic_driver; 08-02-2021 at 11:00 PM..
Appreciate 2
CDN-AWD346.50
Horseman261.50
      07-31-2021, 07:29 PM   #689
TAZ007
Lieutenant Colonel
TAZ007's Avatar
814
Rep
1,608
Posts

Drives: 2021 Z4 M40
Join Date: May 2021
Location: Texas

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2021 Z4 M40  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmic_driver View Post
To give you all an update, I took your advice and decided to just go up there today. Good news! They gave me an update and provided my VIN number!!

Here's the screenshot of the current status:



I'm super excited! Can't wait when it arrives at the dealership.

Thanks you all for helping me out! Much appreciated
You are more than welcome. Based on the status, it will fly through the line after paint. You can check the status on bmw usa website and sign up. put the VIN in the my garage section when adding a car and the status will show. Have fun tracking.
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2021, 07:30 PM   #690
TAZ007
Lieutenant Colonel
TAZ007's Avatar
814
Rep
1,608
Posts

Drives: 2021 Z4 M40
Join Date: May 2021
Location: Texas

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2021 Z4 M40  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Horseman View Post
Good lord... you just can't catch a break....
No I cannot. At least the Dealership is confident it will be soon or they wouldn't have given me a loaner.
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2021, 08:16 PM   #691
Kwajtrader
Lieutenant
Kwajtrader's Avatar
United_States
349
Rep
447
Posts

Drives: 2021 Z4 M40i
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Georgia

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmic_driver View Post
To give you all an update, I took your advice and decided to just go up there today. Good news! They gave me an update and provided my VIN number!!

Here's the screenshot of the current status:



I'm super excited! Can't wait when it arrives at the dealership.

Thanks you all for helping me out! Much appreciated
Great News! Congrats. Once your car is completed and at the port you can track it as it heads across the ocean using MarineTraffic.com. We can help you figure it out when you get there.
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2021, 08:42 PM   #692
Kwajtrader
Lieutenant
Kwajtrader's Avatar
United_States
349
Rep
447
Posts

Drives: 2021 Z4 M40i
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Georgia

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAZ007 View Post
Unfortunately, no. It was release to the truck carrier on 26 JUL with a Dealership ETA of 29 JUL. I was at the Dealer today, 31 JUL, and they have not seen it. They tried contacting the carrier with no luck and they contacted BMW Delivery Center. They are more frustrated than I am I believe.

At the dealer, they had about 4 acres of asphalt. Not many cars for sale and only 3 new ones left! I was there when they sold the B7 Alpina. The dealer is hurting for inventory that they made a great offer for an early trade of my M235 F23 and gave me a loaner. Hopefully next week.
Truly unbelievable… at least you’ll always have the best story to tell.
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2021, 08:55 PM   #693
TAZ007
Lieutenant Colonel
TAZ007's Avatar
814
Rep
1,608
Posts

Drives: 2021 Z4 M40
Join Date: May 2021
Location: Texas

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2021 Z4 M40  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwajtrader View Post
Truly unbelievable… at least you’ll always have the best story to tell.
You mean tragic story right?
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2021, 10:02 PM   #694
Horseman
Captain
Horseman's Avatar
262
Rep
701
Posts

Drives: 2021 Z4 SDrive 30i
Join Date: May 2021
Location: Texas

iTrader: (0)

Well…. Shakespeare went down in history. ;P maybe this tragedy will too.
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2021, 09:31 AM   #695
TAZ007
Lieutenant Colonel
TAZ007's Avatar
814
Rep
1,608
Posts

Drives: 2021 Z4 M40
Join Date: May 2021
Location: Texas

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2021 Z4 M40  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Horseman View Post
Well…. Shakespeare went down in history. ;P maybe this tragedy will too.
Not sure it relates to a midsummer night's dream....maybe taming the shrew
Appreciate 1
Horseman261.50
      08-01-2021, 02:41 PM   #696
Mixitt
Lieutenant
Mixitt's Avatar
153
Rep
437
Posts

Drives: 2019 X5; 2021 Z4 30i
Join Date: Jul 2020
Location: Tejas

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAZ007 View Post
Not sure it relates to a midsummer night's dream....maybe taming the shrew
Would you believe "taming the screw"......
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2021, 04:11 PM   #697
TAZ007
Lieutenant Colonel
TAZ007's Avatar
814
Rep
1,608
Posts

Drives: 2021 Z4 M40
Join Date: May 2021
Location: Texas

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2021 Z4 M40  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixitt View Post
Would you believe "taming the screw"......
possibly
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2021, 11:08 PM   #698
cosmic_driver
New Member
3
Rep
9
Posts

Drives: Mazda 3
Join Date: Jul 2021
Location: Los Angeles

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAZ007 View Post
You are more than welcome. Based on the status, it will fly through the line after paint. You can check the status on bmw usa website and sign up. put the VIN in the my garage section when adding a car and the status will show. Have fun tracking.
Good to know! Yea, it seems like the paint is probably one of the longest process, if not the longest. I don't know when the paint started, since that's the time I received the VIN from the dealership. I'll try to contact BMW Genius and see what day they started on the paint job.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwajtrader View Post
Great News! Congrats. Once your car is completed and at the port you can track it as it heads across the ocean using MarineTraffic.com. We can help you figure it out when you get there.
Thanks! Nice! I'll check that out for sure.
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2021, 07:45 AM   #699
TAZ007
Lieutenant Colonel
TAZ007's Avatar
814
Rep
1,608
Posts

Drives: 2021 Z4 M40
Join Date: May 2021
Location: Texas

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2021 Z4 M40  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmic_driver View Post
Good to know! Yea, it seems like the paint is probably one of the longest process, if not the longest. I don't know when the paint started, since that's the time I received the VIN from the dealership. I'll try to contact BMW Genius and see what day they started on the paint job.



Thanks! Nice! I'll check that out for sure.
Enjoy, hopefully I can get mine before you get yours.
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2021, 07:56 AM   #700
Horseman
Captain
Horseman's Avatar
262
Rep
701
Posts

Drives: 2021 Z4 SDrive 30i
Join Date: May 2021
Location: Texas

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmic_driver View Post
To give you all an update, I took your advice and decided to just go up there today. Good news! They gave me an update and provided my VIN number!!

Here's the screenshot of the current status:



I'm super excited! Can't wait when it arrives at the dealership.

Thanks you all for helping me out! Much appreciated
Great news! Tracking it can be painful and fun at the same time! You've got some experience here in the forums. Hit us up any time. I saw that someone posted the link so you can track the ship as well. Genius line can give you information on the ship when you see the car at the port or even in Transit.
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2021, 09:19 AM   #701
Horseman
Captain
Horseman's Avatar
262
Rep
701
Posts

Drives: 2021 Z4 SDrive 30i
Join Date: May 2021
Location: Texas

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAZ007 View Post
Enjoy, hopefully I can get mine before you get yours.
Seriously.. how the hell do you not have yours yet? The truck should not take this long to go from Galveston to Houston, unless they are delivering to fricken Mississippi first??? Any word?
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2021, 09:38 AM   #702
TAZ007
Lieutenant Colonel
TAZ007's Avatar
814
Rep
1,608
Posts

Drives: 2021 Z4 M40
Join Date: May 2021
Location: Texas

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2021 Z4 M40  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Horseman View Post
Seriously.. how the hell do you not have yours yet? The truck should not take this long to go from Galveston to Houston, unless they are delivering to fricken Mississippi first??? Any word?
As a matter of fact, yes! It just arrived this morning about 10 minutes ago. FINALLY!

I will collect it this evening after work. She sent me a pic of the key on the window sticker. A hard to believe photo after all this time.
Appreciate 2
MarkB0186.00
Q-22.50
      08-03-2021, 10:02 AM   #703
Horseman
Captain
Horseman's Avatar
262
Rep
701
Posts

Drives: 2021 Z4 SDrive 30i
Join Date: May 2021
Location: Texas

iTrader: (0)

Oh my GOD, FINALLY!!!!! Incredible. Share pics.. please... very curious to see if you feel all this was worth the wait. You've had a tumultuous experience with this, to say the least.
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2021, 10:11 AM   #704
TAZ007
Lieutenant Colonel
TAZ007's Avatar
814
Rep
1,608
Posts

Drives: 2021 Z4 M40
Join Date: May 2021
Location: Texas

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2021 Z4 M40  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Horseman View Post
Oh my GOD, FINALLY!!!!! Incredible. Share pics.. please... very curious to see if you feel all this was worth the wait. You've had a tumultuous experience with this, to say the least.
I know, right. It has been 111 days from order to delivery. That is hard to believe.
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:56 AM.




bmw
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST