BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Professional Motorsport Racing Discussion (IMSA, DTM, Formula 1, Grand-AM, Le Mans, IRL, WRC, etc..) F1 2021: Austrian GP - Spielberg (June 27 + July 4)

06-25-2021, 01:11 PM   #67
M5Rick
General
Rep
Drives: M5 F10 DCT Gunmetal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubbles View Post
The Finn is too honest for his own good. Hammy looked to have at least equal pace with Max. His fastest lap was deleted due to track limits.

Teams will have to gamble for qualification and race “rain expected” setup.

Low downforce, top grid position with a less than ideal set up for the rain.

Or

High downforce, sacrifice grid position for better race setup.
From a RB's fans view its one out the way 3 places down and agree telling the truth in F1 is hara kiri.
Appreciate 1
      06-25-2021, 01:15 PM   #68
M5Rick
General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdM5 View Post
Tbh I don't like this tendency of continuously changing the helmet design.

I like driver helmets to be immediately recognised. Mansell and Senna's helmets hardly ever changed and they became iconic.
Yeah those helmets were iconic then, constantly changing paint scheme now it's to take in more sponsors.
Appreciate 3
GuidoK10473.00
EdM53854.50
      06-25-2021, 02:30 PM   #69
yco
i'm just saying
Rep
Drives: E71 X6M '10 (sold)

Merc's are looking fast thats good news.. McLaren will be on stage as well.. and for Bottas' penalty 3 grid drop is looking harsh for it.. it wasnt like he was enjoying spinning or having a chance to run over some pit crew..
Autobacs1306.50
      06-25-2021, 02:38 PM   #70
243Racing
Banned
Rep
Drives: M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by yco View Post
Merc's are looking fast thats good news.. McLaren will be on stage as well.. and for Bottas' penalty 3 grid drop is looking harsh for it.. it wasnt like he was enjoying spinning or having a chance to run over some pit crew..
Zero tolerance for safety issues like that. I completely understand
Appreciate 1
      06-25-2021, 02:54 PM   #71
yco
i'm just saying
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeastieBombRacing View Post
Zero tolerance for safety issues like that. I completely understand
i see what you mean ok but he spun and put himself and his car in danger as well.. he wasnt speeding in the pitlane, bumping into another car, or going in slow lane fast there is nothing like that in A1 but still..

deducting license points, a fine could do it.. when a driver exceeds the speed limit in the pitlane he only gets a 1-2k euro fine.. thats all.. when you consider this, its absurd.. even commentators were talking why FIA calls for Bottas after the session.. he just spun..
      06-25-2021, 03:28 PM   #72
243Racing
Banned
Rep

Quote:
i see what you mean ok but he spun and put himself and his car in danger as well.. he wasnt speeding in the pitlane, bumping into another car, or going in slow lane fast there is nothing like that in A1 but still..

deducting license points, a fine could do it.. when a driver exceeds the speed limit in the pitlane he only gets a 1-2k euro fine.. thats all.. when you consider this, its absurd.. even commentators were talking why FIA calls for Bottas after the session.. he just spun..
Losing control of the car in the pits is a more serious violation than speeding in the pits. I tried combing through the sporting code, but couldn't find penalties specified for losing control of the car in the pit lane. For our organization, I have pretty broad leeway as far as enforcing penalties for safety-related infractions.
Appreciate 3
GuidoK10473.00
M5Rick58900.50
      06-25-2021, 04:37 PM   #73
yco
i'm just saying
Rep

Quote:
Losing control of the car in the pits is a more serious violation than speeding in the pits. I tried combing through the sporting code, but couldn't find penalties specified for losing control of the car in the pit lane. For our organization, I have pretty broad leeway as far as enforcing penalties for safety-related infractions.
losing control is not something intentional.. he didnt gain any advantage of that spin BeastieBombRacing.. but alright lets agree to disagree then..

but if we see a new rule stating that no burnout or wheel spin in the pit lane soon, it wont be a surprise.. though when they get rid of tire blankets i believe it ll be more dangerous.. drivers have to do that anyway.. otherwise it ll be more dangerous..
      06-25-2021, 04:46 PM   #74
243Racing
Banned
Rep

Quote:
losing control is not something intentional.. he didnt gain any advantage of that spin BeastieBombRacing.. but alright lets agree to disagree then..

but if we see a new rule stating that no burnout or wheel spin in the pit lane soon, it wont be a surprise.. though when they get rid of tire blankets i believe it ll be more dangerous.. drivers have to do that anyway.. otherwise it ll be more dangerous..
I'm probably not explaining it very well, but even at our level the driver is expected to keep control of his or her car at all times. It's got nothing to do with gaining an advantage.

From the FIA/Planet F1:

The Finn has also been given two penalty points for his infringement, which was deemed as “dangerous driving in the pit lane” according to a statement from the FIA.

A part of the statement read: “During the hearing [Bottas] stated that in the past they had been losing time in the pit departure. So they tried something new, which was to leave the car in second gear.

“As a result, the wheelspin was much higher and the result unexpected. Therefore he didn’t manage to control the car properly in the fast lane.

“This has to be considered as dangerous driving, especially as personnel were around in the pit lane.”
Appreciate 3
GuidoK10473.00
M5Rick58900.50
      06-25-2021, 05:04 PM   #75
yco
i'm just saying
Rep

Quote:
I'm probably not explaining it very well, but even at our level the driver is expected to keep control of his or her car at all times. It's got nothing to do with gaining an advantage.

From the FIA/Planet F1:

The Finn has also been given two penalty points for his infringement, which was deemed as “dangerous driving in the pit lane” according to a statement from the FIA.

A part of the statement read: “During the hearing [Bottas] stated that in the past they had been losing time in the pit departure. So they tried something new, which was to leave the car in second gear.

“As a result, the wheelspin was much higher and the result unexpected. Therefore he didn’t manage to control the car properly in the fast lane.

“This has to be considered as dangerous driving, especially as personnel were around in the pit lane.”
more than one team use 2nd gear for exiting the pit box for some time already.. he didnt try something crazy.. besides it was raining in the pit box short before he spun.. i believe this penalty will be talking in future as well.. one way or another he got a penalty..

for instance.. Max had a penalty in Monaco because of unsafe release in the most narrow pitlane on the calendar.. and got 5 seconds penalty only.. 2 cars were going side by side and he passed by a lot personnel over there as well actually 2-3 times more.. with that harshness he should have DQ'ed from the race.. but that would be absurd as well..
      06-25-2021, 05:08 PM   #76
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep
Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II

Quote:
• Bottas is stuffed with rage . More mistakes will follow...
• Hammy is under pressure like never before . More mistakes will follow...

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 1
M5Rick58900.50
      06-25-2021, 05:16 PM   #77
M5Rick
General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
• Hammy is under pressure like never before . More mistakes will follow...
Rear wings now RB garage equipment on the Merc complain list, just waiting for Tombaiziz to inspect the W12 front wing with the 'alive' winglets
Appreciate 1
      06-25-2021, 05:16 PM   #78
rwheels
Major
Rep
Drives: E93 M3

Quote:
Hammy is under pressure like never before . More mistakes will follow...
Nah. He is being humble; allowing other drivers to make podium this year. Great guy!
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2021, 05:17 PM   #79
M5Rick
General
Rep

Quote:
more than one team use 2nd gear for exiting the pit box for some time already.. he didnt try something crazy.. besides it was raining in the pit box short before he spun.. i believe this penalty will be talking in future as well.. one way or another he got a penalty..

for instance.. Max had a penalty in Monaco because of unsafe release in the most narrow pitlane on the calendar.. and got 5 seconds penalty only.. 2 cars were going side by side and he passed by a lot personnel over there as well actually 2-3 times more.. with that harshness he should have DQ'ed from the race.. but that would be absurd as well..
Max wasn't out of control, thats the difference.
Appreciate 1
      06-25-2021, 07:33 PM   #80
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwheels View Post
Nah. He is being humble; allowing other drivers to make podium this year. Great guy!
Right mate . That's why he treated after Monaco his own team like 5H1T ...

Hammy was very lucky in the first 7 races !

•Race 1- Bahrain => Hammy stole the victory , by exceeding 29 times the track limits .
•Race 2 - Imola => Hammy spun in the rain in the gravel trap , and was very lucky that Bottas crashed , Red Flag came out and he got all the time to get his Merc repaired to take P2 .
•Race 5 - Monaco => Hammy screwed it completely up . He was nowhere !
•Race 6 - Baku => MAX ran P1 while his rear tyre blew with only 4 laps to go. Red Flag and re-start and Hammy screwed it again with his stupid Brake-Magic .

In other words : It could have been different , and MAX would lead the drivers ranking with 40 points !

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 1
M5Rick58900.50
      06-25-2021, 07:49 PM   #81
rwheels
Major
Rep
Drives: E93 M3

Quote:
Right mate . That's why he treated after Monaco his own team like 5H1T ...

Hammy was very lucky in the first 7 races !

•Race 1- Bahrain => Hammy stole the victory , by exceeding 29 times the track limits .
•Race 2 - Imola => Hammy spun in the rain in the gravel trap , and was very lucky that Bottas crashed , Red Flag came out and he got all the time to get his Merc repaired to take P2 .
•Race 5 - Monaco => Hammy screwed it completely up . He was nowhere !
•Race 6 - Baku => MAX ran P1 while his rear tyre blew with only 4 laps to go. Red Flag and re-start and Hammy screwed it again with his stupid Brake-Magic .

In other words : It could have been different , and MAX would lead the drivers ranking with 40 points !
Well there you go. He's also a good actor.
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2021, 08:29 PM   #82
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwheels View Post
Well there you go. He's also a good actor.
The keywords in your statement are : "good actor"

Appreciate 1
M5Rick58900.50
      06-26-2021, 01:34 AM   #83
yco
i'm just saying
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5Rick View Post
Max wasn't out of control, thats the difference.
thats even worse my friend.. then deliberately he put some lives in danger.. im not sure your defense does something good..
      06-26-2021, 03:22 AM   #84
M5Rick
General
Rep

Quote:
thats even worse my friend.. then deliberately he put some lives in danger.. im not sure your defense does something good..
Best to be in control than out of control,think you're pulling mussels from the shell now...
Appreciate 1
      06-26-2021, 04:54 AM   #85
M5Rick
General
Rep

Appreciate 1
      06-26-2021, 05:53 AM   #86
GuidoK
#buildnotbought
Rep
Drives: Z4 3.0i ESS TS2+

Quote:
That pit incident between VER and BOT in Monaco was caused by a bad release from the team and was therefore caused by the team, not the driver.
Also, there was contact between 2 drivers in a car; a car so sturdy that drivers can survive crashes at very high speed, so at 50kph there is little danger.
Imho there is both no deliberate attempt as there is no putting lives in danger.

Unlike spinning uncontrolled, with the chance sliging into a pit crew were men are walking around unprotected.

Think of it this way, what would you choose: being hit by a F1 car sitting in another F1 car or being hit by an F1 car while walking around?
Z4 3.0i | ESS TS2+ supercharger | Quaife ATB LSD | Brembo/BMW performance BBK front/rear | Schrick FI cams | Schmiedmann headers+cats | Powerflex/strongflex PU bushings | Vibra-technics engine mounts | H&R anti rollbars | KW V3 coilovers/KW camber plates | Sachs race engineering clutch | tons of custom sh#t
Appreciate 2
M5Rick58900.50
      06-26-2021, 06:46 AM   #87
M5Rick
General
Rep

Hammy somehow managed to get top spot in FP3 perfectly feasible being on the grippiest C4's tho it was three Honda's in the first five spots there. Still no rain so Q1 coming up soon.
Appreciate 1
      06-26-2021, 06:58 AM   #88
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5Rick View Post
Hammy somehow managed to get top spot in FP3 perfectly feasible being on the grippiest C4's tho it was three Honda's in the first five spots there. Still no rain so Q1 coming up soon.
MAX got traffic today , the telemetry looks outstanding ..

The latest according Helmut Marko : "We haven't turned up the engine yet" Marko told Motorsport-Magazin.

The best from MAX has yet to come !

Appreciate 1
M5Rick58900.50