BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW Z4 Forums (G29) BMW Z4 (G29) General Forum Continued Z4 Build Discussion so we don't jack another thread

06-29-2023, 08:53 PM   #23
Horseman
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2024 BMW Z4 M40i

Garage List
This site legit? Their “example” displays are a little sus.
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2023, 07:19 AM   #24
Westside Guy
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 Z4 M40i, 2021 228i GC

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Horseman View Post
I bought mine from IND Distribution and they shipped the next day.

https://ind-distribution.com/product...em-gloss-black
Appreciate 1
Horseman4131.50
      06-30-2023, 08:21 AM   #25
RigaTony1982
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW Z4 M40i

Garage List
Quote:
If you’re referring to Ind, they’re legit. They’ve done builds and such that have been featured on the main Bimmerpost page.
Appreciate 1
      06-30-2023, 08:29 AM   #26
Horseman
Colonel
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by RigaTony1982 View Post
If you’re referring to Ind, they’re legit. They’ve done builds and such that have been featured on the main Bimmerpost page.
No, I was referring to CJ's comment and links.

If I were to get these, I'll likely go through IND. It's a little more expensive, but at least there are some first hand accounts. I am paranoid with online shopping as it is. Once I get my M40i order in (hopefully all goes well tomorrow) I'll start getting these so that they are ready when I get PPF and ceramic done.
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2023, 08:29 AM   #27
Westside Guy
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by RigaTony1982 View Post
Buying the gloss black badges from them was my first experience and their follow-up emails with shipping information, etc. were outstanding. I would not hesitate to buy from them again.
Appreciate 1
Horseman4131.50
      06-30-2023, 10:10 AM   #28
RigaTony1982
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW Z4 M40i

Garage List
Quote:

If I were to get these, I'll likely go through IND. It's a little more expensive, but at least there are some first hand accounts. I am paranoid with online shopping as it is. Once I get my M40i order in (hopefully all goes well tomorrow) I'll start getting these so that they are ready when I get PPF and ceramic done.
Got it. You could also see if BMW Parts Pros are cheaper. They are also legit, and are one of the vendors that sponsor stuff on the 3-series boards. I bought my all-season mats from them for my M340i.

https://www.bmwpartspros.com
Appreciate 1
Horseman4131.50
      06-30-2023, 10:15 AM   #29
Horseman
Colonel
Rep

Garage List
I'll keep them in mind. I search Badge and get airbag stuff though lol!
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2023, 10:18 AM   #30
Westside Guy
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
I'll keep them in mind. I search Badge and get airbag stuff though lol!
Always double check their return policies and what if anything they charge for restocking fees.

IND Distribution has a 20% restocking fee and you pay for the return shipping, except in cases where the return was caused by their error.

BMW Parts Pros is even worse and I would never buy from them.
ALL ITEMS ARE A FINAL SALE!
Also adding insult to injury they have a policy that states, "If you would like to cancel an order (in stock or not in stock) before the item is shipped, it will be a 10% cancellation fee PER ITEM before a refund is processed. (No Exceptions)"

Last edited by Westside Guy; 06-30-2023 at 10:52 AM..
Appreciate 2
Horseman4131.50
StanDiego6248.50
      06-30-2023, 01:24 PM   #31
Horseman
Colonel
Rep

Garage List
Dang... these guys aren't messing around!

BMW did confirm with me today that they do have the ability to do the gloss badging, but at the dealership. Not during build.

Additionally, I just got a call today saying that they DO have a build allocation for my M40i. SOOOOO confirming build now.... and I go in tomorrow to finalize everything.

Another anxiety ridden few months.
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2023, 01:38 PM   #32
ebirotedu
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW Z4 M40i

I've ordered from getBMWparts a couple times. Once for black badging, another for the LED door projectors.

No issues either time.

And I probably did a cursory web search at the time to see if there was any negative feedback.

Quote:
Appreciate 1
Horseman4131.50
      06-30-2023, 03:05 PM   #33
Westside Guy
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebirotedu View Post
I've ordered from getBMWparts a couple times. Once for black badging, another for the LED door projectors.

No issues either time.

And I probably did a cursory web search at the time to see if there was any negative feedback.
The was a thread on the General BMW forum where people were complaining about their return policy. It is bad enough that they say that all sales are final but to also charge you 10% in order to cancel an unshipped item is total BS!
Appreciate 1
Horseman4131.50
      06-30-2023, 03:38 PM   #34
Horseman
Colonel
Rep

Garage List
Yeah that’s absolute horse shit. No fricken way that should be allowed.

In better news…I have a production number already. LoL still need to finalize it tomorrow.
Appreciate 1
      06-30-2023, 03:53 PM   #35
Westside Guy
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Dang... these guys aren't messing around!

BMW did confirm with me today that they do have the ability to do the gloss badging, but at the dealership. Not during build.

Additionally, I just got a call today saying that they DO have a build allocation for my M40i. SOOOOO confirming build now.... and I go in tomorrow to finalize everything.

Another anxiety ridden few months.
Just remember that the badges go on top of the PPF and before you do the ceramic coating so you might be better off just having a shop that’s going to do that work put on the new gloss black badges. 😉
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2023, 03:57 PM   #36
ebirotedu
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW Z4 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westside Guy View Post
The was a thread on the General BMW forum where people were complaining about their return policy. It is bad enough that they say that all sales are final but to also charge you 10% in order to cancel an unshipped item is total BS!
Erm, are we talking about the same site? Their return policy doesn't look particularly draconian to me. I wouldn't expect them to take returns for things that are VIN specific or which cannot be re-stocked and resold without obligatory inspection or reconditioning.

I just found a few of posts in the general forum about people using getBMWparts. And the vendor posts in the vendor classified section. You're sure this isn't a case of one person not reading the fine print on a pre-order item and then being asked to pay a 10% cancellation fee? Without a link to the discussion, kind of hard to draw any conclusion about the site being disreputable.

Incidentally, both the badges and the LED projectors I purchased were returnable per the policy stated on the website:

https://www.getbmwparts.com/policies/returns

"Don't worry, be happy! Get BMW Parts understands that every situation is different, and sometimes parts need to be returned. No matter the reason, we're here to help! Our industry leading 120 Day Return Policy is to save you time, money, and ensure your total satisfaction! Please follow these simple steps to place a return:

1. Make sure your items are returnable.
Get BMW Parts accepts returns on brand new, never installed parts within 120 days of receipt. All returns must be undamaged, complete with all included parts/hardware/instructions, in original packaging (or exactly as received), and with all BMW labels/stickers/bar codes etc. attached. Basically, we must be able to restock, resell, or return the items to BMW.

Non-returnable items (sorry): Vin-coded parts or control units, special tools, painted parts, touch-up paint, parts installed onto the vehicle, modified parts, HAZMAT items (airbags, batteries, seat belts/tensioners, etc.), navigation map updates, codes, literature/manuals, hardware (nuts, bolts, screws, etc.), E46 M3 SMG conversion items/kits, lifestyle items, and Dinan parts.
Restocking fee: No restocking fee on parts we keep in stock! 10% restocking fee on special order parts.
Shipping & handling: Sorry, non-refundable. (unless of course we were in error) Original shipping cost will be deducted on returns of orders that included Free Shipping.
What if I received an order that is damaged or missing parts? Please Contact Us here immediately and select "Shipping Assistance" from the Reason drop-down box - within 48 hours from the time the package is delivered/signed for to report any damaged or missing parts. If someone (friend, family, etc) or some place (forwarding location, business, etc.) is accepting the package on your behalf, they must notify Get BMW Parts within 48 hours of any damaged or missing parts. Please keep all boxes, packing material, etc. as we'll likely need it for the damage claim with the shipping courier. We'll work on the quickest resolution possible for you.
What if I receive the wrong part(s)? Please Contact Us here immediately and select "Order Inquiry" from the Reason drop-down box. We'll investigate and work on the quickest resolution possible for you. Please provide us as much information as possible and check to see if the part # on your package matches the invoice you received, or if there are any special notes that a part has superseded to a newer part number. If your VIN # was included with your order and the error was on our end, we'll replace the parts at no charge. Please note - it is your responsibility to confirm you've received the correct, undamaged parts prior to having them painted or installed. If you're having a body/paint/repair shop install parts for you, it is their responsibility to test-fit and confirm the parts are correct and undamaged prior to painting or installation - we unfortunately can not accept returns on any parts that have been painted or installed.
What if I need a part covered under warranty? Please view the BMW Parts Warranty information.
What if I have a core that needs returned? See our Core Charge Information here.
2. Contact Us here to request approval and obtain an RMA #.
Contact Us here to request an RMA # - select "Return Request" in the Reason drop-down box. Please be sure to include your 8-digit order #, as well as the part #s and quantities you need to return. Once the form is submitted, we'll review and send an RMA # upon approval.

3. Ship your parts back to us at:
BMW of Silver Spring
getBMWparts RMA # ______ <<insert RMA # here.
3211 Automobile Blvd.
Silver Spring, MD 20904

Please try to include a copy of your original invoice, packing slip, or order confirmation email with the return.
We encourage you to retain the tracking # of the return so you can monitor its arrival, and we strongly recommend you insure your return package to its full value to protect against a lost or damaged package. We unfortunately can not accept a return if the package is lost or the return is damaged. It would be your responsibility to file a claim with the shipping courier directly.
If we made an error and are providing a pre-paid return label, please send back within 30 days to avoid being charged for the new shipment.
Returns can also be dropped off at our dealership's parts counter, but must have approval with RMA #, along with a copy of the original invoice, packing slip, or order confirmation email.
Please do NOT tape over, cover up, or apply shipping labels over the BMW labels. Please put the manufacturer boxes or bags the parts come in inside a separate shipping box.
Sorry, we do not accept C.O.D. returns. Please do not refuse a shipment you wish to return as we will not credit shipping costs, and you will be responsible for return shipping costs incurred by the courier.

4. Please allow 5 - 7 business days to process your return and apply the credit.
Once back, and typically within 5 - 7 business days, Get BMW Parts will inspect each return to ensure it meets the criteria above and issue the credit (less any applicable restocking fees) to your original payment method. Please note: it can take upwards of 7 business days (longer if outside the US) after we process your return for the actual credit to post to your account depending on your bank. Please monitor your bank statement or PayPal for the credit to post. If we are unable to credit the original payment method, our accounting dept. will mail a check. Please let us know if your mailing addresses changes.

Last edited by ebirotedu; 06-30-2023 at 04:27 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2023, 04:11 PM   #37
Horseman
Colonel
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Just remember that the badges go on top of the PPF and before you do the ceramic coating so you might be better off just having a shop that’s going to do that work put on the new gloss black badges. 😉
LOL on top of PPF? Hmm that don't seem right lol especially if that PPF has to come off for whatever reason.
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2023, 04:14 PM   #38
Westside Guy
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
LOL on top of PPF? Hmm that don't seem right lol especially if that PPF has to come off for whatever reason.
To the best of my knowledge they apply the badges with double sided 3M tape, just imagine having to cut through the PPF for the outline of the badges and how precise that has to be.
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2023, 05:20 PM   #39
CJ421
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: BMW M3

Garage List
Quote:

getBMWParts is a BMW dealership in Maryland and has been a sponsor here for many years. I've spent a lot of money with them and have found them reliable and courteous, and never had a problem in the rare occasion I returned something.

Charles
      06-30-2023, 06:22 PM   #40
Westside Guy
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebirotedu View Post
Erm, are we talking about the same site? Their return policy doesn't look particularly draconian to me. I wouldn't expect them to take returns for things that are VIN specific or which cannot be re-stocked and resold without obligatory inspection or reconditioning.

I just found a few of posts in the general forum about people using getBMWparts. And the vendor posts in the vendor classified section. You're sure this isn't a case of one person not reading the fine print on a pre-order item and then being asked to pay a 10% cancellation fee? Without a link to the discussion, kind of hard to draw any conclusion about the site being disreputable.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ421 View Post
getBMWParts is a BMW dealership in Maryland and has been a sponsor here for many years. I've spent a lot of money with them and have found them reliable and courteous, and never had a problem in the rare occasion I returned something.

Charles
I was talking about BMW Parts Pros which is a similar name and had that awful return policy..

https://www.bmwpartspros.com/policies/returns
Appreciate 2
      07-04-2023, 12:01 PM   #41
Horseman
Colonel
Rep

Garage List
Alright so…

Think I’m gonna go ahead and take my chances with the San Antonio BMW offer. Called Austin and tried to see if I could get below MSRP and they flat out said that wasn’t happening on limited production vehicles like the Z4.

Main differences with SA vs Austin were:
- SA already has a production number for me. $1000 off of the 2024 MSRP. Established relationship.

-Austin doesn’t do a 1% sales service fee (sales agent commission, and the fact that SA does this is dumb imo). Won’t be able to get me an allocation until next year or end of this year. Will not budge on MSRP.

Thought about a nice White and red one that is arriving in Arlington skme time soon, but not the wheels I like, I really like the Portimao Blue and it’s 4.5 hours away.

Gonna price out how much my salon will do tint for and if it’s cheaper than 699, I’ll have them do it rather than BMW.

Tomorrow or Thursday I should finalize my M40i order.
Appreciate 1
      07-04-2023, 01:18 PM   #42
Westside Guy
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Alright so…

Think I’m gonna go ahead and take my chances with the San Antonio BMW offer. Called Austin and tried to see if I could get below MSRP and they flat out said that wasn’t happening on limited production vehicles like the Z4.

Main differences with SA vs Austin were:
- SA already has a production number for me. $1000 off of the 2024 MSRP. Established relationship.

-Austin doesn’t do a 1% sales service fee (sales agent commission, and the fact that SA does this is dumb imo). Won’t be able to get me an allocation until next year or end of this year. Will not budge on MSRP.

Thought about a nice White and red one that is arriving in Arlington skme time soon, but not the wheels I like, I really like the Portimao Blue and it’s 4.5 hours away.

Gonna price out how much my salon will do tint for and if it’s cheaper than 699, I’ll have them do it rather than BMW.

Tomorrow or Thursday I should finalize my M40i order.
It looks like the San Antonio dealer checks all of the boxes for you especially considering that you have an established relationship so it is an obvious choice. Depending on who is located closer to where you live, you can always service the car at either place.

Dealers usually outsource tint jobs and add a markup so you will most likely be better off at your salon. Make sure you select a good name brand like LLumar, 3M, Xpel or Ceramic Pro.
Appreciate 0
      07-04-2023, 01:40 PM   #43
Horseman
Colonel
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
It looks like the San Antonio dealer checks all of the boxes for you especially considering that you have an established relationship so it is an obvious choice. Depending on who is located closer to where you live, you can always service the car at either place.

Dealers usually outsource tint jobs and add a markup so you will most likely be better off at your salon. Make sure you select a good name brand like LLumar, 3M, Xpel or Ceramic Pro.
Yeah SA is definitely closer by a long shot. The stuff i'd have put on is XPEL. I like the local establishment I take my car to for PPF and Ceramic, so if their price is cheaper that's fine. Even so.. I also know the XPEL Corporate HQ manager here too haha... either way I could likely get it cheaper.
Appreciate 1
      07-04-2023, 01:50 PM   #44
Westside Guy
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Yeah SA is definitely closer by a long shot. The stuff i'd have put on is XPEL. I like the local establishment I take my car to for PPF and Ceramic, so if their price is cheaper that's fine. Even so.. I also know the XPEL Corporate HQ manager here too haha... either way I could likely get it cheaper.
Xpel makes quality products and you can't go wrong!
Appreciate 0