United_States
Rep
Drives: M Sport 335i

Garage List
2014 335i  [9.74]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dang3r View Post
Two questions:
1. Hows that straight trigger feels for shooting, isn't that a more inconvenient feeling?
2. Did the ejected shells damaged the housing behind the window?
1. Personally I like the flat trigger. It's really a matter of taste. The Elf trigger I dropped in offers a curved version if that's what is preferred.

2. Yes. Even though this is my high-end, (and softest-possible-recoil) build, I don't want it to look like a show piece. I like that it shows I'm putting rounds through it.
      10-27-2019, 09:18 PM   #3654
bubbaboy
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: M5 Comp, F12 Berlinetta

I've always wanted one of these, finally picked one up last week.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      10-27-2019, 09:53 PM   #3655
KenB925
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: ZL1, Raptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbaboy View Post
nice pick up, I really like those
Appreciate 1
bubbaboy107.50
      10-29-2019, 06:20 PM   #3656
Rhidium
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW X3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbaboy View Post
So you like it shaken not stirred?
Appreciate 2
bubbaboy107.50
King Rudi13152.00
      10-31-2019, 01:15 PM   #3657
N54Yankee
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: N54 135|Cobb|M3 control arms

Here’s a much talked about newish diminutive pocket pistol with a brand new feature that’s got me quite interested and wanting. I’m wondering what you guys think and if you’ve handled or fired one.
"The Constitution was never construed to authorize Congress to infringe the just liberty of the press, or the rights of conscience; or to prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms.” Samuel Adams
Appreciate 2
scostu1619.50
      10-31-2019, 07:39 PM   #3658
bubbaboy
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: M5 Comp, F12 Berlinetta

Love it, I'm in. Phil is a damn good shot.
Appreciate 1
N54Yankee2706.00
      11-01-2019, 12:20 AM   #3659
Rhidium
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by N54Yankee View Post
Here’s a much talked about newish diminutive pocket pistol with a brand new feature that’s got me quite interested and wanting. I’m wondering what you guys think and if you’ve handled or fired one.
I've fired the regular P365 which I use for clothing that have very little concealment.
The no snag sights seems interesting but I don't like the idea of only be allowed to slingshot. Ported barrel I'm not a fan of either. I would be concerned about the flash ruining my night vision.
Appreciate 2
N54Yankee2706.00
      11-01-2019, 09:46 AM   #3660
twin fed
Doc Brown
Rep
Drives: 2016 MG MT M2

Kimber EVO SP Custom Shop 9mm. My wife surprised me with this for our 10th Anniversary. I showed her a pic when it first came out and she remembered. Very nicely made, can't wait to put some rounds through it.

Appreciate 3
      11-01-2019, 09:54 AM   #3661
adc100
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2018 Forester XT

1. I have never had a pistol "snag"
2. I like Glocks
3. I have done a lot of defensive training. "Front sight-front sight-front sight".. is embedded into me. Meaning you get the front sight on the target as quickly as possible.

It very could be that if I switched over the sighting system might be an amazing thing. But the law of physics says that it can not be as accurate. The greater distance between the front and rear sight the more accurate you will be.

So really the only advantage to this firearm is that it won't snag. So train enough that snagging is not a problem.

Readers Digest: IMHO this is a Gimmick with no advantages (for me). Again..just an opinion. I'll pass.
Appreciate 1
upstatedoc7555.50
      11-01-2019, 10:36 AM   #3662
N54Yankee
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by adc100 View Post
1. I have never had a pistol "snag"
2. I like Glocks
3. I have done a lot of defensive training. "Front sight-front sight-front sight".. is embedded into me. Meaning you get the front sight on the target as quickly as possible.

It very could be that if I switched over the sighting system might be an amazing thing. But the law of physics says that it can not be as accurate. The greater distance between the front and rear sight the more accurate you will be.

So really the only advantage to this firearm is that it won't snag. So train enough that snagging is not a problem.

Readers Digest: IMHO this is a Gimmick with no advantages (for me). Again..just an opinion. I'll pass.
A boxers saying, all plans go to hell once you get punched hard in the face.

One can train day in day out but when things get real Murphy’s law often comes into play. Unless you’ve drawn in a situation where someone is real close and an imminent deadly threat training doesn’t mean a whole lot. Mitigating anything that might cost ones life is a plus and a second lost if it by chance hangs up could cost a life. Not to mention it does have sites but a bit different then we’re all used to. I’m curious to check it out to see how it will work or not. Visibility seems good enough from the vid. Longer site radius is more important for 25 yard shots and greater, PD distances not so much.
A pistol like the 365 would usually used within ten yards in life and death situations. More of a quick point and shoot deal then aimed fire. Center mass hits at 5-10 yards is pretty easy to accomplish snap shooting w/o even utilizing sights. Sometimes even just firing from the hip at these near contact engagements. It’s not a target pistol but a save your life pistol at crazy close range and a 10+1 pistol that will disappear in a pocket. IMO
"The Constitution was never construed to authorize Congress to infringe the just liberty of the press, or the rights of conscience; or to prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms.” Samuel Adams
Appreciate 4
unluky7465.00
bubbaboy107.50
      11-01-2019, 04:30 PM   #3663
adc100
Banned
Rep

Quote:
A boxers saying, all plans go to hell once you get punched hard in the face.

One can train day in day out but when things get real Murphy’s law often comes into play. Unless you’ve drawn in a situation where someone is real close and an imminent deadly threat training doesn’t mean a whole lot.
Well as a trainer myself..The more you train the more your muscle memory takes over. In fact that is the whole point of training. When I go to the range (I'm retired) I always go through a SD scenario..draw-shoot-do a fail to fire drill both a jam and a cartridge that does not fire. As well as a mag change out.

I do a 1 1/2 hour private session every 2 months with a trainer that teaches police trainers and other law enforcement. You are comfortable with your own capabilities. I am comfortable with mine.
Appreciate 1
      11-01-2019, 04:36 PM   #3664
N54Yankee
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

More power to ya but everyone who’s been in a gunfight knows training is a whole bunch different then when the shit gets real. There are no real calm, cool Dirty Harrys out there. Just those who think they are.

Last edited by N54Yankee; 11-01-2019 at 04:47 PM..
Appreciate 2
scostu1619.50
      11-02-2019, 09:14 AM   #3665
adc100
Banned
Rep

Quote:
More power to ya but everyone who’s been in a gunfight knows training is a whole bunch different then when the shit gets real. There are no real calm, cool Dirty Harrys out there. Just those who think they are.
Of course its different thats why you train. And I know you know that. I expect to teach SD. Need to get as good as I can with what I know.

Let us know how it works out.
Appreciate 1
N54Yankee2706.00
      11-02-2019, 04:11 PM   #3666
Nuckle
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2023 Defender X

Quote:
Here's a much talked about newish diminutive pocket pistol with a brand new feature that's got me quite interested and wanting. I'm wondering what you guys think and if you've handled or fired one.
I own one and I really like it. I carry it most often of any of my carry guns. Very accurate, comfortable and concealable.
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2019, 05:06 PM   #3667
N54Yankee
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuckle View Post
I own one and I really like it. I carry it most often of any of my carry guns. Very accurate, comfortable and concealable.
Awesome, I’m going to have to check one out. You try +P in it? Not that I would load with them just curious how well the comp works.
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2019, 06:03 PM   #3668
Nuckle
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2023 Defender X

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuckle View Post
Awesome, I'm going to have to check one out. You try +P in it? Not that I would load with them just curious how well the comp works.
I use Hornady critical duty. Very manageable. The pistol is very well balanced and like most sigs the recoil is more straight back instead of barrel rise. It's not my favorite sig but definitely my favorite one to carry.
Appreciate 1
N54Yankee2706.00
      11-05-2019, 12:07 PM   #3669
Rhidium
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by adc100 View Post
Of course its different thats why you train. And I know you know that. I expect to teach SD. Need to get as good as I can with what I know.

Let us know how it works out.
Definitely need to get the muscle memory going by practicing over and over. I don't get out often, but when I do, I always shoot my carry conceal handgun to keep it up. Dry firing in the home helps with the draw, but nothing like really shooting it.
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2019, 07:28 PM   #3670
Grip Addict
Banned
Rep
Drives: ///M3

Anyone know anything about the concealed carry reciprocity act that might go into effect soon?

I saw some details, but now I cannot find it, if it passed, etc.
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2019, 08:28 PM   #3671
Mandi90TT
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BSM 6MT M4 F82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grip Addict View Post
Anyone know anything about the concealed carry reciprocity act that might go into effect soon?

I saw some details, but now I cannot find it, if it passed, etc.
Not gonna pass, house is Democrats. Even when Republicans held both houses, they wouldn't take action on it.

Republicans are not really friends of gun owners, they're more apathetic towards gun rights, whereas Democrats are actively hostile towards gun rights.
Appreciate 3
      11-15-2019, 01:45 AM   #3672
Rhidium
Lieutenant
Rep

Yeah.. I'd agree that it's not likely to go through, just like the hearing protection act.
Appreciate 1
      11-15-2019, 06:20 AM   #3673
pennsiveguy
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: F15 xDrive50i M-sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhidium View Post
Ported barrel I'm not a fan of either. I would be concerned about the flash ruining my night vision.
It's easy to forget how important that is, since most of us go to the range only during the day. Firing any gun makes a flash, but some are worse. I fired a .44 mag revolver in pitch black once. The flash from the gasses coming out of the cylinder-barrel gap goes out like a sunburst. I couldn't see shit for about 5 seconds. Really drove home the importance of flash management. The ports on this one do look like they're out the sides, so that would help. The old upward-facing Magnaport ports would have been awful at night.
      11-15-2019, 08:43 AM   #3674
MR_X
Old guy
Rep
Drives: tricycle

Quote:
Originally Posted by pennsiveguy View Post
It's easy to forget how important that is, since most of us go to the range only during the day. Firing any gun makes a flash, but some are worse. I fired a .44 mag revolver in pitch black once. The flash from the gasses coming out of the cylinder-barrel gap goes out like a sunburst. I couldn't see shit for about 5 seconds. Really drove home the importance of flash management. The ports on this one do look like they're out the sides, so that would help. The old upward-facing Magnaport ports would have been awful at night.
MOST defensive ammo is made to reduce flash for this very reason but barrel length does make a difference too. Flash comes from 2 things, unburnt powder (which is what you see in revolvers cylinders) and slow burning powder that are mostly use in Magnum calibers or heavy bullets to get more velocity. So revolvers you get the worst of the 2. Of course when you pair this with a short barrel you get flash.

Shoot a 44 Special out of your 44 Magnum in the same circumstances and see if you get the same effect.

Another way to get around flash blindness is to add a a flash light.
Appreciate 2