BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW Z4 Forums (G29) BMW Z4 (G29) General Forum Plastic flap on the driver's side squeak like crazy!

11-01-2020, 12:55 PM   #1
clarksonjr
Registered
Turkey
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW Z4 sDrive 30i

Angry Plastic flap on the driver's side squeak like crazy!

I got my car a couple of months ago and since then I've been hearing extreme squealing sounds coming from the driver's side flap. When the roof is up there is no sound but when I put the roof down and drive for a couple of miles it starts to squeak unbearably. I went to a dealership and they applied some sticky sponge thingies under the flap and forced the flap to stay in the same place but it didn't work. The problem seems to be something inside the roof mechanism. I need help desperately :/
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2020, 06:48 AM   #2
CSL335i
Lieutenant
Hungary
Rep
Drives: M2 and...

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarksonjr View Post
I got my car a couple of months ago and since then I've been hearing extreme squealing sounds coming from the driver's side flap. When the roof is up there is no sound but when I put the roof down and drive for a couple of miles it starts to squeak unbearably. I went to a dealership and they applied some sticky sponge thingies under the flap and forced the flap to stay in the same place but it didn't work. The problem seems to be something inside the roof mechanism. I need help desperately :/
Can you send me a photo of the related item?
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2020, 07:08 AM   #3
clarksonjr
Registered
Turkey
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSL335i View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
here it is, i'm not sure whether if the sound is directly from this part or from something inside of it. When i hold the part by my hand or support it with some other item the sound still keeps on coming..
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      11-05-2020, 08:29 AM   #4
Johnski77
Rep
Drives: BMW Z4 30i

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
here it is, i'm not sure whether if the sound is directly from this part or from something inside of it. When i hold the part by my hand or support it with some other item the sound still keeps on coming..
I think I have that too. Tried using the lubricant for rubber but didn't solve it. It's right at the ear level, kinda irritating...
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2020, 09:57 AM   #5
clarksonjr
Registered
Turkey
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnski77 View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I think I have that too. Tried using the lubricant for rubber but didn't solve it. It's right at the ear level, kinda irritating...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnski77 View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I know right? and it absolutely kills all the top down experience for me... I cannot find any solution to this so if you find a solution please let me know.
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2020, 10:42 AM   #6
SakhirM4
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 SO M4/'20 Z4 M40i

Garage List
2020 BMW Z4 M40i  [10.00]
2015 BMW M4  [8.76]
What does the dealer say??
Tejas Chapter, BMW CCA, mem #23915, President 27 years, www.tejaschapter.org
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2020, 10:46 AM   #7
clarksonjr
Registered
Turkey
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SakhirM4 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by SakhirM4 View Post
I went to a dealer further away from my city for their "fix" so i never returned to them because it would mean another 350kilometers for me.. I will take it to another dealer next week in my city but even if the first dealer knew what was the problem they wouldn't go for this cheap fix.
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2022, 10:30 PM   #8
anandroid
Rep
Drives: BMW Z4

Did it fix ?
Appreciate 0