BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Cosmetic Care & Detailing (PPF/Wash/Wax/Detailing/Restoration/Repairs) Practical Ways to get car washed

03-18-2024, 05:41 PM   #1
voltomni
Rep
Drives: undecided

Practical Ways to get car washed

Hi,

Owned my G42 for 14 months now, did hand washes for basically 12 of those months but now a bit too busy. Found different hand wash places, but I 100% can see them adding micro scratches and so I am wondering what I should do. Frankly, I park on a main road here in LA during work, and my car is covered in dust every day. I would want to wash it once a week, but the thought of finding a mobile washer and paying him ~100 dollars a week to wash a car that'll get dirty quickly seems irresponsible.

Any thoughts on what I should do? I feel like the obvious thing is to just wash my car again by myself.
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2024, 07:52 AM   #2
MADBMWX5MC
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW X5MC

Unless you find a touchless car wash, I dont see any other way. And touchless does not knock off all the dirt, it will still leave a slight film that would require some contact to remove. So you will be back to square 1. Others will chime in, with some ideas...
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2024, 07:57 AM   #3
eliphil
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M550I

Unless you get bird shit or something sticky on your car I would back down to every 10 to 14 days mobile wash or diy best
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2024, 08:36 AM   #4
icj_45e
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 23 X5 45e

My suggestion and how I do it (My car lives outside at home and at work. I live near beach so every morning I have a layer of sea air on my car, impossible to keep clean):

Hand wash your car whenever you can (Apply ceramic coat or use ceramic sealant quick detailer as a drying aid)

"Touch-less wash" once every week or two. I go to a self service car wash. Using a IK foam sprayer, I foam up my car with Carpro reset. Let dwell for a few minutes and then use high pressure sprayer setting to remove 90% of dust and dirt. Then I use spot-free rinse setting for final wash down to help against water spotting. I bring my Ego leaf blower to blow off as much water as possible. With the ceramic sealant applied during my hand washes, I can get nearly all water off car with the blower.
Appreciate 1