BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW Z4 Forums (G29) BMW Z4 (G29) General Forum 3D Design Introduces G29 Z4 M Sport Parts

06-26-2020, 07:18 AM   #67
Chabu
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: z4 s30i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kpoggi View Post
Love the car, love the looks, love the soft top therefore I bought the car, I do not intend to drive it January or February
Same here but I will drive it January/February...hehe. I live in Philly area and plan on getting a winter tire set. I think I'm in the small % of winter drivers. Because we get a few days in winter that pop into the upper 50s and 60s, I relish throwing the top down and catching some sun in the midst of winter (heated seats/steering wheel help here).
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2020, 10:03 AM   #68
BEAR-AvHistory
2020 Z4 M40i - 2022 M4C Convt
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 Z4 M40i - 2022 M4C Convrt

Garage List
Been driving soft-tops all year round since 1959 & think the OP is out of his mind. Lived up North before I moved to NC by way of 8 years in the UK.

Have always had at least one soft-top except for my first car & did drive them 12 months a year. Did have a 1957 FORD retractable hard top convertible. Was a nice car but never thought about using it instead of a soft-top TR-3A just because it was snowy outside.

Only knock you can make against the Z4 in the cold or snow is its running on summer tires. That said every coupe or convertible I had from BMW was also on summer tires. Use a 4X4 pickup or 4X4 SUV when its snows out.

2022 M4C - 2020 Z4 M40i - 2023 FORD Expedition XLT Max 4X4 400BHP - 2009 V-Star - 1998 Ranger 4X4 5MT - 1965 Cobra (R) 5MT - 2023 Jeep Wrangler Sport S 6MT
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2020, 11:06 AM   #69
BMLondon
BMLondon
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW Z4 M40i

The 3D Design kit is rather expensive in the UK in comparison to similar BMW kits you can buy from places like eBay for other models. For those looking for a similar kit, I bought this one (I believe it's a Rieger kit for the M-Sport editions) and I think it looks great! Especially going with the blacked out look. The whole kit I think was around £450 but I haven't fitted the rear bumper so total cost fitted atm is around £300 - I personally prefer the stock rear diffuser and so may flog the Rieger one on eBay. I think it's shipped from Eastern Europe so delivery took a while. What do you think of this in comparison to the 3d design kit?

Regards,

K
BMLondon
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
ToysArs60.50
KGun192.00
      08-04-2020, 06:17 PM   #70
Tedbay
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '17 Acura NSX, '20 BMW Z4M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsidianX View Post
I guess I just like the Z4M coupe look from generations prior. I agree I don't like folding hard tops either.
After selling my Z4M coupe Interlagos Blue i have to say I hands down love the new car better. If i was only on a track i would say the opposite as the Z4M was brutally good but it had a crappy shifter but the engine was amazing and it had a punishing ride that whenever we would go to Napa my wife would refuse to ride in it. The new car she loves and it is truly a GT cruiser that is crazy fast and comfortable and love the different modes. Sports car yes but more a GT car and I am loving it and the looks - but do agree with the comment made here that the original pebble beach concept was more stunning. And on the front end comments i actually always had an issue w the Bangle Z4M front end but the long hood is beautiful and reminds me of the dark blue Ferrari (think its a Roma or Scaglietta) I sometimes see in my neighborhood. Both with the shooting brake look that i love. And the back of the Mcoupe like this car I absolutely love. To each his own but i actually like the uniqueness vs many other cars that look all the same. and in frozen grey and these wheels it is a stunning car to me anyway. loving it more than expected....

Last edited by Tedbay; 08-04-2020 at 06:22 PM..
Appreciate 2
ToysArs60.50
ObsidianX130.00
      08-05-2020, 06:55 PM   #71
ToysArs
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2020 Z4 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMLondon View Post
The 3D Design kit is rather expensive in the UK in comparison to similar BMW kits you can buy from places like eBay for other models. For those looking for a similar kit, I bought this one (I believe it's a Rieger kit for the M-Sport editions) and I think it looks great! Especially going with the blacked out look. The whole kit I think was around £450 but I haven't fitted the rear bumper so total cost fitted atm is around £300 - I personally prefer the stock rear diffuser and so may flog the Rieger one on eBay. I think it's shipped from Eastern Europe so delivery took a while. What do you think of this in comparison to the 3d design kit?

Regards,

K
BMLondon
Looks quite good actually! Did you have to drill holes for the front splitter and the side skirts?
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2020, 08:12 AM   #72
BMLondon
BMLondon
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW Z4 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToysArs View Post
Looks quite good actually! Did you have to drill holes for the front splitter and the side skirts?
Yes, but only a few as the mounting tape doesn’t hold very well to the underside of the panels (it’s slightly curved underneath). The holes are easy to plug in after use with a few 2.5mm rubber plugs which you can pick up from eBay for about £3.
Appreciate 1
ToysArs60.50