BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums General BMW News and Cars Discussion New 2018 X2 Ownership Questions

04-17-2024, 11:56 AM   #1
Morcheeba
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 2005 Convertible

Lightbulb New 2018 X2 Ownership Questions

BIMMERPOST
     Featured on BIMMERPOST.com
Sup y'all! First post here as I've been looking to purchase a used 2018 xDrive model from a private seller.

The car is exactly how I want it, white, M-Package, sunroof and all the goodies. It's sitting at roughly 37K miles at the moment.

In regards to ownership and maintenance, I'm coming from a 2005 M3 Convertible with 100K miles. It essentially needed tons of preventative maintenance and lacked the daily comfortable practicality that I wanted, so I hopped onto the X2 train since I absolutely love on the looks, etc and it would be a big enough change coming from a 2005 convertible.

For current and previous owners, how was the reliability? Repairs? Please feel free to throw me any info my way!

From what I've read, brakes seem to go rather fast (no biggie), and engine mounts being a point of interest as well.

Aside from those two, how reliable has the car been for you guys?

Thank you!
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2024, 11:20 PM   #2
tturedraider
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 340i M Sport

Garage List
I’m a fan of the 2018 X2. I agree, it looks great!! I’m sure you are aware it is fwd and has a transverse mounted motor with a transaxle transmission. It is an Aisin transaxle, not a ZF unit that is most common in BMWs. Even though it is technically xDrive, the xDrive system is not the same system as in the rwd architecture vehicles. The awd ONLY kicks in when wheel slip is detected. Otherwise it is 100% fwd all the time.
member #388003 - Use me as a referral
& you could win a one day ///M Driving School!!

Today, 08:27 AM   #3
Morcheeba
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 2005 Convertible

Oh wow, good to know! I'm in South Florida so really, the sDrive is more than enough, however! I do plan on taking the car either upstate or west coast, so xDrive would be perfect. As far as reliability, what's your take on the car?
Appreciate 0