BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board Health, Fitness, Martial Arts, and Nutrition COVID Questions

Closed Thread

09-29-2021, 01:54 AM   #1
Kick 6
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW M6

COVID Questions

I'm a pharmacist that has researched COVID for the past year and a half. If you have a specific question that isn't political, I'll try to answer it. There is a lot of information out there that no one talks about.
Appreciate 2
King Rudi13152.00
willin11161.50
      09-29-2021, 06:50 PM   #2
chassis
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 9Y0 Cayenne S

Garage List
Interesting and thanks for offering. What are the main points/topics that aren't being addressed in media or other information sources that you think should be better known? In other words, what is the biggest information omission that you see?
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2021, 01:44 AM   #3
Kick 6
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by chassis View Post
Interesting and thanks for offering. What are the main points/topics that aren't being addressed in media or other information sources that you think should be better known? In other words, what is the biggest information omission that you see?
Probably preventive measures. SARS-Cov2 is like some other pathogens and relies on an increase in carbon dioxide to flourish. It just can't grow in oxygen. This is why we don't get COVID outside. The CO2 level in outside air runs around 400 ppm give or take 15 ppm depending on where you live. Inside air CO2 levels vary greatly depending on room volume, air exchange, and occupancy. The 6 foot rule everyone goes by just limits how many people can be in a room and won't keep you from getting COVID in a room filled with carbon dioxide. Air exchange is the key. Each breath we exhale has 38,000 ppm of CO2 and the levels build quickly.

As an example, tuberculosis has the same R0 value as the alpha strain of SARS-Cov2. Studies have shown that by decreasing room CO2 levels to 1000 ppm or less can completely stop outbreaks of tuberculosis. When I read this, I installed CO2 monitors in my stores and keep the CO2 level below 1000 ppm to see if it worked the same for COVID. We have unknowingly worked all day next to someone with COVID on multiple occasions and no one got infected.

With the increased R0 value of the Delta strain, it may require a lower threshold of carbon dioxide to prevent infection. I've started increasing air exchange at 900 ppm now and that may not be enough, I just don't know.
Appreciate 4
King Rudi13152.00
540iSUP703.00
      09-30-2021, 08:34 AM   #4
ASAP
Major General
Rep
Drives: '23 X3 M40i

Has there been any specific "genetic link" found between the people that get very sick and the ones that barely get sniffles?
      09-30-2021, 08:40 AM   #5
rmanm4
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW M4 F82

Garage List
2020 BMW M4  [0.00]
Where the FUCK is the heard immunity that Dr. Fettuccine promised?
Appreciate 3
      09-30-2021, 10:12 AM   #6
Kick 6
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASAP View Post
Has there been any specific "genetic link" found between the people that get very sick and the ones that barely get sniffles?
There is a link but it is not known how much is from genetics. Our immune system uses a variety of immunoglobulins to fight of SARS-Cov2. One of the main ones is IgG. IgG has two components, a constant region, which is the same for every IgG immunoglobulin, and a variable region. The variable region is what is specific to each pathogen, like the SARS-Cov2 spike proteins.

Research has shown that every person that ends up in the hospital with severe symptoms or dies from COVID does not have fucosylation of a specific protein on the constant region of their IgG. To put that in laymen's terms, they don't have the sugar fucose on the bottom of their IgG. Further studies have shown that fucose deficient mice suffer much more than mice that have adequate fucose levels. Those same fucose deficient mice had major health improvements when fucose was supplemented.

What this means is that if each person has enough of the sugar fucose, the odds of going into the hospital or having severe adverse effects from COVID is very small. Fucose can be found in the highest quantities in apples, white mushrooms, avocados, seaweed, seeds, and some in nuts.

I recommend that everyone eat a hand full of seeds and nuts daily along with the other foods that contain fucose. The potential problem we face is if we are already fighting something else with IgG when we get COVID. For instance, some foods cause sensitivity reactions that involve IgG. Eating those foods may limit your ability to make enough IgG (with fucose) to fight COVID. That is why I recommend food sensitivity tests to determine what foods you are sensitive too and eliminate those foods from your diet.

I know it is only one person, but we had a 78 year old male patient get COVID and he barely had a sniffle. When I asked him about the things he specifically ate every day, he told me he ate nuts every day and sometimes sunflower seeds.

It is known that women survive COVID at a higher rate than men up until menopause and then the survivability equals out. It just happens that women have much higher fucose levels than men up until after menopause.
Appreciate 10
rmanm4870.50
ASAP10051.00
3PedalJake2613.50
King Rudi13152.00
540iSUP703.00
704g30101.50
wdb4673.00
      09-30-2021, 10:29 AM   #7
ASAP
Major General
Rep
Drives: '23 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kick 6 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASAP View Post
There is a link but it is not known how much is from genetics. Our immune system uses a variety of immunoglobulins to fight of SARS-Cov2. One of the main ones is IgG. IgG has two components, a constant region, which is the same for every IgG immunoglobulin, and a variable region. The variable region is what is specific to each pathogen, like the SARS-Cov2 spike proteins.

Research has shown that every person that ends up in the hospital with severe symptoms or dies from COVID does not have fucosylation of a specific protein on the constant region of their IgG. To put that in laymen's terms, they don't have the sugar fucose on the bottom of their IgG. Further studies have shown that fucose deficient mice suffer much more than mice that have adequate fucose levels. Those same fucose deficient mice had major health improvements when fucose was supplemented.

What this means is that if each person has enough of the sugar fucose, the odds of going into the hospital or having severe adverse effects from COVID is very small. Fucose can be found in the highest quantities in apples, white mushrooms, avocados, seaweed, seeds, and some in nuts.

I recommend that everyone eat a hand full of seeds and nuts daily along with the other foods that contain fucose. The potential problem we face is if we are already fighting something else with IgG when we get COVID. For instance, some foods cause sensitivity reactions that involve IgG. Eating those foods may limit your ability to make enough IgG (with fucose) to fight COVID. That is why I recommend food sensitivity tests to determine what foods you are sensitive too and eliminate those foods from your diet.

I know it is only one person, but we had a 78 year old male patient get COVID and he barely had a sniffle. When I asked him about the things he specifically ate every day, he told me he ate nuts every day and sometimes sunflower seeds.

It is known that women survive COVID at a higher rate than men up until menopause and then the survivability equals out. It just happens that women have much higher fucose levels than men up until after menopause.
This is very interesting thank you. Its the only time I've heard of anyone studying such a detailed link.
      09-30-2021, 10:33 AM   #8
rmanm4
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW M4 F82

Garage List
2020 BMW M4  [0.00]
Quote:

Hold my beer while I go buy huge amount of nuts from Costco!
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2021, 10:46 AM   #9
G3min1
Curious Gooner
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 BMW 135i M-Sport

Garage List
2010 BMW 135i  [0.00]
I can get fucose in seaweed. Time for all the Ramen!
Appreciate 1
      09-30-2021, 08:10 PM   #10
3PedalJake
Neo-Luddite
United_States
Rep
Drives: '06 325i, 330i 6MT RWD Sport

Garage List
2006 BMW 330i  [0.00]
Any thoughts on the theory that cytokine storm is the specific mechanism that is the lethal part of this virus? Does Vitamin D offers some level of protection?
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2021, 08:38 PM   #11
stocktree
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: x5

Quote:

interesting.
and if you try to post this on social media, you'll sadly get crucified by the pro-vaxers, get banned off twitter and youtube.
Appreciate 1
scostu1619.50
      09-30-2021, 10:18 PM   #12
Bimmersandmopars
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M8 Gran Coupe Comp

I tell every look no further than what happened in Italy during the plague and you'll see what genetics has to do with evolution.

It was later identified that the majority of deaths in Italy which Florence was nearly wiped out, that there was a gene shared by those that passed that the ones that didn't die did not share in common.

Genetics are the root of sustainability of species when you're the alpha.
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2021, 12:16 AM   #13
Kick 6
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3PedalJake View Post
Any thoughts on the theory that cytokine storm is the specific mechanism that is the lethal part of this virus? Does Vitamin D offers some level of protection?
Yes, the cytokine storm is the beginning of the end but not because of what most think. COVID basically causes cellular redox issues. This means there are charged particles that aren't nullified. This leads to all kinds of cellular issues but the main one is acid neutralization. Bradykinin is a peptide that many think initiates the cytokine mediated inflammatory issues that COVID creates. That is not necessarily true. Bradykinin is actually released as bradykinin phosphate and the phosphate is used to buffer the intracellular pH when our other cellular buffering systems fail. The effects of bradykinin occur because the cell is trying to survive. if a cell can't regulate its pH, it will not survive. The cytokines end up getting the bad wrap but the body is just kicking the can down the road trying to survive.

The data on Vitamin D use as being a protective agent is conflicting. Having a deficit of Vitamin D certainly increases one's chances of catching COVID and having a more severe case. The reason the data is conflicting is because as we age, our body down regulates our immune system. Part of this down regulation is an epigenetic shift in our VDR genes. The VDR gene encodes for the VDR receptor and a polymorphism on this gene decreases our ability to utilize Vitamin D. This is another example of the body kicking the can down the road. So taking Vitamin D and being able to utilize it may be different things.

Last edited by Kick 6; 10-01-2021 at 12:50 AM..
Appreciate 3
3PedalJake2613.50
wdb4673.00
      10-01-2021, 01:51 AM   #14
fiveohwblow
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: F15, E46 & M3, F82

Sub’d
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2021, 07:20 AM   #15
Noneya
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '21 X5MC, '14 X1 35i M sport

Garage List
2021 X5MC  [0.00]
Quote:
Probably preventive measures. SARS-Cov2 is like some other pathogens and relies on an increase in carbon dioxide to flourish. It just can't grow in oxygen. This is why we don't get COVID outside. The CO2 level in outside air runs around 400 ppm give or take 15 ppm depending on where you live. Inside air CO2 levels vary greatly depending on room volume, air exchange, and occupancy. The 6 foot rule everyone goes by just limits how many people can be in a room and won't keep you from getting COVID in a room filled with carbon dioxide. Air exchange is the key. Each breath we exhale has 38,000 ppm of CO2 and the levels build quickly.

As an example, tuberculosis has the same R0 value as the alpha strain of SARS-Cov2. Studies have shown that by decreasing room CO2 levels to 1000 ppm or less can completely stop outbreaks of tuberculosis. When I read this, I installed CO2 monitors in my stores and keep the CO2 level below 1000 ppm to see if it worked the same for COVID. We have unknowingly worked all day next to someone with COVID on multiple occasions and no one got infected.

With the increased R0 value of the Delta strain, it may require a lower threshold of carbon dioxide to prevent infection. I've started increasing air exchange at 900 ppm now and that may not be enough, I just don't know.
Are you sure you're not confusing the simple fact that humans generate CO2, so higher CO2 just means you're breathing more of others' air when you say things like "Covid can't grow in oxygen"? The concentration of CO2 indoors, no matter how high or low relatively is still absurdly low in absolute terms.
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2021, 07:56 AM   #16
Kick 6
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noneya View Post
Are you sure you're not confusing the simple fact that humans generate CO2, so higher CO2 just means you're breathing more of others' air when you say things like "Covid can't grow in oxygen"? The concentration of CO2 indoors, no matter how high or low relatively is still absurdly low in absolute terms.
There is a threshold for which the virus is not transmitted to most humans. In order to buffer the acidic nature of CO2, the enzyme carbonic anhydrase disassociates from the ACE2 receptor and binds CO2 to neutralize its acidic pH. The disassociation of carbonic anhydrase opens the ACE2 receptor. The receptor is in an open or closed state depending on the protein complex that binds the interior of the receptor. Items on that complex are carbonic anhydrase, zinc, Vitamin D, and neprilysin.

So to answer your question, yes, breathing more of other people's air is definitely part of the equation. Getting one virus into one of your cells isn't enough for the vast majority of people to get infected. Only the immunocompromised will have issues with lower viral exposure. The threshold must be met. If the carbonic anhydrases don't have to work as hard, fewer viruses can enter the cells and they get taken out before they can replicate. Hence the can't grow in oxygen comment. We breathe them in but they don't survive our innate immune response.
Appreciate 1
      10-07-2021, 01:10 PM   #17
Our03z4
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW Z4 3.0si Coupe,

First of all thank you for all your information, it's very intriguing and helpful.

I do have a quick question about the fucose. Does Turkey Tail mushroom have these properties? It did amazing things for our elderly dog who had a type of blood cancer and was actually recommended to us by multiple vets. Thanks in advance!
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2021, 01:16 PM   #18
Day Laborer
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: M5 CS / iX 50i

Garage List
  [0.00]
Stupid question here: Can COVID be spread in food? Has there been any linkage of food being the cause of someone getting infected?
Part-time with Next Level Auto Brokers, LLC https://www.instagram.com/nextlevelautobrokers/
Appreciate 1
willin11161.50
      10-07-2021, 02:25 PM   #19
Kick 6
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Our03z4 View Post
First of all thank you for all your information, it's very intriguing and helpful.

I do have a quick question about the fucose. Does Turkey Tail mushroom have these properties? It did amazing things for our elderly dog who had a type of blood cancer and was actually recommended to us by multiple vets. Thanks in advance!
I am unfamiliar with Turkey Tail mushrooms but a quick search found this. It appears to be an immunologic agent.

http://article.foodnutritionresearch...FNR-4-12-2.pdf
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2021, 02:27 PM   #20
Kick 6
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Day Laborer View Post
Stupid question here: Can COVID be spread in food? Has there been any linkage of food being the cause of someone getting infected?
I have not seen any research on it spreading from food contaminants, but in theory, if enough virus was present, I'd say there would be a small chance it could be spread that way. It would not be a big concern for me.
Appreciate 1
      10-07-2021, 02:34 PM   #21
Tommysalami
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

I hear a lot of arguments against the vaccine from those who have previously had covid, stating that the antibodies they have make the vaccine unnecessary. Seems like a legit argument at the surface. What do you think?
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2021, 02:47 PM   #22
Patton250
Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW X3,M5,Turbo S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommysalami View Post
I hear a lot of arguments against the vaccine from those who have previously had covid, stating that the antibodies they have make the vaccine unnecessary. Seems like a legit argument at the surface. What do you think?
Or you could just read the recent half dozen non biased research studies that say the same thing. Just because CNN doesn’t report on them doesn’t mean the internet gods have blocked them. At least not yet.
Appreciate 1
scostu1619.50
Closed Thread