BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Professional Motorsport Racing Discussion (IMSA, DTM, Formula 1, Grand-AM, Le Mans, IRL, WRC, etc..) Lewis Hamilton's contract demand : Mercedes agree to 'Max Verstappen clause' ?!?!

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      04-19-2021, 03:02 PM   #1343
M5Rick
Major General
M5Rick's Avatar
United Kingdom
17524
Rep
9,221
Posts

Drives: M5 F10 Gunmetal
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Southern England

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
In the coming races , Toto will go in winter sleep mode...

Passport ?
More like : HAM got already "a double passport" !
As we know that MAX was the moral winner at Bahrain as well !

There is no way it can go on like this..."HAM will run out of his silly luck" !
Oh hammy will keep chancing his luck until he puts everything on the 44 roulette wheel and loses everything one day.
Bahrain was a freak and simply the race was 'stolen' from Max at an opportune moment when M rammed a ruling through at the right moment when it counted for hammy.
Appreciate 1
      04-19-2021, 03:05 PM   #1344
M5Rick
Major General
M5Rick's Avatar
United Kingdom
17524
Rep
9,221
Posts

Drives: M5 F10 Gunmetal
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Southern England

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
The poor Russell boy is been put under pressure by Wolff !

George is chicken now ...and last year he was sabotaged by Mercedes !
I've said Russ has been treated despicably by wolf man, worse than a new boy given an unwelcome initiation ceremony as a lesson at a Public School.
Appreciate 1
      04-19-2021, 03:58 PM   #1345
///M Power-Belgium
Lieutenant General
///M Power-Belgium's Avatar
Belgium
32727
Rep
17,266
Posts

Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Belgium

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5Rick View Post
I've said Russ has been treated despicably by wolf man, worse than a new boy given an unwelcome initiation ceremony as a lesson at a Public School.
HAM and the Russell boy don't talk anymore ...

Probably Russell performed too well when he replaced HAM last year at Bahrain !

Russell had won the race . If he wasn't sabotaged !Too bad , Damn !
Attached Images
 
__________________
BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 2
M5Rick17523.50
DrFerry1122.50
      04-19-2021, 04:37 PM   #1346
M5Rick
Major General
M5Rick's Avatar
United Kingdom
17524
Rep
9,221
Posts

Drives: M5 F10 Gunmetal
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Southern England

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
HAM and the Russell boy don't talk anymore ...

Probably Russell performed too well when he replaced HAM last year at Bahrain !

Russell had won the race . If he wasn't sabotaged !Too bad , Damn !
That day at Sakhir '20 will go down as an abysmal example for AMG merc in the way Russell was treated like a lackey in the rocket ship 44 car!!
Appreciate 1
      04-19-2021, 04:58 PM   #1347
///M Power-Belgium
Lieutenant General
///M Power-Belgium's Avatar
Belgium
32727
Rep
17,266
Posts

Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Belgium

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5Rick View Post
That day at Sakhir '20 will go down as an abysmal example for AMG merc in the way Russell was treated like a lackey in the rocket ship 44 car!!
#WeRaceAsOne
__________________
BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 3
M5Rick17523.50
DrFerry1122.50
      04-19-2021, 05:00 PM   #1348
M5Rick
Major General
M5Rick's Avatar
United Kingdom
17524
Rep
9,221
Posts

Drives: M5 F10 Gunmetal
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Southern England

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
#WeRaceAsOne
They Race as One alright (only for hammy
Appreciate 2
      04-20-2021, 01:58 AM   #1349
M5Rick
Major General
M5Rick's Avatar
United Kingdom
17524
Rep
9,221
Posts

Drives: M5 F10 Gunmetal
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Southern England

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
HAM and the Russell boy don't talk anymore ...

Probably Russell performed too well when he replaced HAM last year at Bahrain !

Russell had won the race . If he wasn't sabotaged !Too bad , Damn !
BOT said afterwards ''he went on the outside, didn't make sense that move''.
So he knew Russ was there, he knew he would go onto wet grass by moving to the right, I hope AM G suffer because of his stupidity.
Appreciate 1
      04-20-2021, 04:31 AM   #1350
330indy
enthusiast
330indy's Avatar
United_States
716
Rep
2,161
Posts

Drives: e36/7 e46 e92M
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Indy

iTrader: (0)

I'm no fan of HAM especially as his "luck" screwed over Albon, twice, just as an example.
__________________
'13 ZCP E92, 6 speed, ordered enthusiast build: single hump, manual seats. Corsa, CoolCarbon, Redline fluids
Appreciate 2
M5Rick17523.50
      04-20-2021, 07:22 AM   #1351
Killed by Death
Major
Killed by Death's Avatar
United_States
2932
Rep
1,377
Posts

Drives: 2020 M2C
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: North Carolina

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by M5Rick View Post
Leclerc did one good thing and didn't go for a pass when Max had his whoopsie
You're welcome

But it's not like VER wouldn't quickly repass LEC. I'm just glad VER didn't spin!!!
It was close!!!
__________________
Appreciate 2
M5Rick17523.50
      04-20-2021, 08:52 AM   #1352
///M Power-Belgium
Lieutenant General
///M Power-Belgium's Avatar
Belgium
32727
Rep
17,266
Posts

Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Belgium

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killed by Death View Post
You're welcome

But it's not like VER wouldn't quickly repass LEC. I'm just glad VER didn't spin!!!
It was close!!!
Michael Masi :

The jury, in this case FIA Race Director Michael Masi, has agreed unanimously with both the drivers’ stance of status quo. Lando Norris, who had taken over Leclerc right after the restart felt he could have overstaken Verstappen, but Masi confirmed he would have had to give the position back.

“After a [race] suspension, it is considered a race lap, but in the same sort of principles as a formation lap,” he said. “So if a car was out of position, it would be like a formation lap that they can regain that position as long as it’s before [the Safety Car One line], is the general principle is the way the regulations are worded.”
__________________
BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 3
M5Rick17523.50
DrFerry1122.50
      04-20-2021, 12:04 PM   #1353
M5Rick
Major General
M5Rick's Avatar
United Kingdom
17524
Rep
9,221
Posts

Drives: M5 F10 Gunmetal
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Southern England

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
Michael Masi :

The jury, in this case FIA Race Director Michael Masi, has agreed unanimously with both the drivers’ stance of status quo. Lando Norris, who had taken over Leclerc right after the restart felt he could have overstaken Verstappen, but Masi confirmed he would have had to give the position back.

“After a [race] suspension, it is considered a race lap, but in the same sort of principles as a formation lap,” he said. “So if a car was out of position, it would be like a formation lap that they can regain that position as long as it’s before [the Safety Car One line], is the general principle is the way the regulations are worded.”
That explains it then and probably why Lec may have already had that in mind.
Appreciate 1
      04-20-2021, 12:27 PM   #1354
Autobacs
Lieutenant
Autobacs's Avatar
463
Rep
400
Posts

Drives: 2011 BMW X5M
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: WA state

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
That race was certainly extremely challenging for all.

Lewis rarely makes a mistake and he did a bad one. Max almost ended up in disaster himself. Even Fernando spun himself.

It looks like this is going to be an exciting battle between Max and Lewis.
__________________
2011 BMW X5M
2010 Nissan GTR Elite Prime
2013 Lexus 450H
Appreciate 4
      04-20-2021, 12:40 PM   #1355
Killed by Death
Major
Killed by Death's Avatar
United_States
2932
Rep
1,377
Posts

Drives: 2020 M2C
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: North Carolina

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
Michael Masi :

The jury, in this case FIA Race Director Michael Masi, has agreed unanimously with both the drivers’ stance of status quo. Lando Norris, who had taken over Leclerc right after the restart felt he could have overstaken Verstappen, but Masi confirmed he would have had to give the position back.

“After a [race] suspension, it is considered a race lap, but in the same sort of principles as a formation lap,” he said. “So if a car was out of position, it would be like a formation lap that they can regain that position as long as it’s before [the Safety Car One line], is the general principle is the way the regulations are worded.”
Thanks for the clarification! Wondering if we get the same TV broadcasters? They were making it sound like if VER spun he would have lost all those places...

We used to get Steve Matchett & David Hobbs here in the US before ESPN took over. They were fucking hilarious. I've missed them terribly and still struggle getting adjusted to the SKY broadcasters we have now. Hobbs and Matchett were magical and incredibly funny telling old war stories. This current Sky crew is too UK stiff upper lip for me!!!

One more stupid question, surely I'm wrong or someone else would have mentioned it by now. Isn't driving backwards on the track a violation? HAM sure looked like he was traveling backwards escaping the sand trap. It wasn't just a quick backward movement to get facing the correct direction. From the TV angle it sure looked like he was traveling the wrong direction for a long time

Now, I'll sit back and wait for the scHAMer crew to jump all over me
__________________
Appreciate 2
M5Rick17523.50
      04-20-2021, 01:29 PM   #1356
///M Power-Belgium
Lieutenant General
///M Power-Belgium's Avatar
Belgium
32727
Rep
17,266
Posts

Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Belgium

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killed by Death View Post
Thanks for the clarification! Wondering if we get the same TV broadcasters? They were making it sound like if VER spun he would have lost all those places...

We used to get Steve Matchett & David Hobbs here in the US before ESPN took over. They were fucking hilarious. I've missed them terribly and still struggle getting adjusted to the SKY broadcasters we have now. Hobbs and Matchett were magical and incredibly funny telling old war stories. This current Sky crew is too UK stiff upper lip for me!!!

One more stupid question, surely I'm wrong or someone else would have mentioned it by now. Isn't driving backwards on the track a violation? HAM sure looked like he was traveling backwards escaping the sand trap. It wasn't just a quick backward movement to get facing the correct direction. From the TV angle it sure looked like he was traveling the wrong direction for a long time

Now, I'll sit back and wait for the scHAMer crew to jump all over me
Yeah I see , yesterday evening I had the same question in mind .

And finally I Googled my question regarding HAM's 5H1TTY situation :

•FIA explain legality of Hamilton’s Imola reverse => https://www.planetf1.com/news/lewis-...reverse-legal/

All my pleasure mate ! You are very welcome at anytime !
__________________
BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 3
M5Rick17523.50
DrFerry1122.50
      04-20-2021, 01:39 PM   #1357
M5Rick
Major General
M5Rick's Avatar
United Kingdom
17524
Rep
9,221
Posts

Drives: M5 F10 Gunmetal
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Southern England

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
Yeah I see , yesterday evening I had the same question in mind .

And finally I Googled my question regarding HAM's 5H1TTY situation :

•FIA explain legality of Hamilton’s Imola reverse => https://www.planetf1.com/news/lewis-...reverse-legal/

All my pleasure mate ! You are very welcome at anytime !
So my friend I've read the piece there and comparing what happened to Mansell in '89 where no one was standing in his way reversing back safely to his wheel change position getting penalised and to now with hammy I can't help thinking again the rules have been relaxed yet again for the ''lucky'' man.
Appreciate 1
      04-20-2021, 02:07 PM   #1358
FuzzyPeaches
Private First Class
FuzzyPeaches's Avatar
488
Rep
198
Posts

Drives: 2011 M3 ZCP
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: Atlanta

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5Rick View Post
So my friend I've read the piece there and comparing what happened to Mansell in '89 where no one was standing in his way reversing back safely to his wheel change position getting penalised and to now with hammy I can't help thinking again the rules have been relaxed yet again for the ''lucky'' man.
I read up on this situation as well. The difference between the two is that the rules explicitly state that under no circumstances is the car to be put into reverse on pit lane. Out on track it is allowed, as long as it is done in a safe manner.
Appreciate 2
M5Rick17523.50
      04-20-2021, 02:53 PM   #1359
Killed by Death
Major
Killed by Death's Avatar
United_States
2932
Rep
1,377
Posts

Drives: 2020 M2C
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: North Carolina

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
Yeah I see , yesterday evening I had the same question in mind .

And finally I Googled my question regarding HAM's 5H1TTY situation :

•FIA explain legality of Hamilton’s Imola reverse => https://www.planetf1.com/news/lewis-...reverse-legal/

All my pleasure mate ! You are very welcome at anytime !
"Race director Michael Masi was satisfied Hamilton’s manoeuvre had been performed safely, especially as Mercedes had been guiding him about the proximity of other cars while the scenario was unfolding."

That makes sense and sounds fair. I was thinking of a Jules Bianchi situation at the time.
__________________

Last edited by Killed by Death; 04-21-2021 at 02:33 PM..
Appreciate 1
      04-20-2021, 03:14 PM   #1360
///M Power-Belgium
Lieutenant General
///M Power-Belgium's Avatar
Belgium
32727
Rep
17,266
Posts

Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Belgium

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killed by Death View Post
"Race director Michael Masi was satisfied Hamilton’s manoeuvre had been performed safely, especially as Mercedes had been guiding him about the proximity of other cars while the scenario was unfolding."

That makes sense and sounds fair. I was think of a Jules Bianchi situation at the time.
As we know , HAM's car was repaired under the Red Flag , I'm OK. with that !
BUT ! He got his position back "while he was lapped by the rest of the field" during his crash in the wall.

The top of the iceberg is that he ran only 62 from the 63 laps of the race ...
By the whole favored situation HAM was able to finish P2 and take the lead in the drivers ranking !
HAM got a gift from the Gods !

It's just one of the crazy FIA race regulations .....

S@cks !
__________________
BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 3
M5Rick17523.50
DrFerry1122.50
      04-20-2021, 04:12 PM   #1361
M5Rick
Major General
M5Rick's Avatar
United Kingdom
17524
Rep
9,221
Posts

Drives: M5 F10 Gunmetal
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Southern England

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPeaches View Post
I read up on this situation as well. The difference between the two is that the rules explicitly state that under no circumstances is the car to be put into reverse on pit lane. Out on track it is allowed, as long as it is done in a safe manner.
Ah okay but if a car does overshoot the stop then I guess it's fine for pit crew to pull the car back
Appreciate 1
      04-20-2021, 04:28 PM   #1362
FuzzyPeaches
Private First Class
FuzzyPeaches's Avatar
488
Rep
198
Posts

Drives: 2011 M3 ZCP
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: Atlanta

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5Rick View Post
Ah okay but if a car does overshoot the stop then I guess it's fine for pit crew to pull the car back
Correct.
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2021, 04:33 PM   #1363
FuzzyPeaches
Private First Class
FuzzyPeaches's Avatar
488
Rep
198
Posts

Drives: 2011 M3 ZCP
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: Atlanta

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
As we know , HAM's car was repaired under the Red Flag , I'm OK. with that !
BUT ! He got his position back "while he was lapped by the rest of the field" during his crash in the wall.

The top of the iceberg is that he ran only 62 from the 63 laps of the race ...
By the whole favored situation HAM was able to finish P2 and take the lead in the drivers ranking !
HAM got a gift from the Gods !

It's just one of the crazy FIA race regulations .....

S@cks !
How do you figure he ran a lap short?
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2021, 08:58 PM   #1364
MKSixer
Lieutenant General
MKSixer's Avatar
31989
Rep
11,621
Posts

Drives: 2015 BMW i8, E63 M6, 328d
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Southeast United States

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2016 M4 GTS (Allotted)  [0.00]
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [5.00]
2015 BMW i8  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by M5Rick View Post
So my friend I've read the piece there and comparing what happened to Mansell in '89 where no one was standing in his way reversing back safely to his wheel change position getting penalised and to now with hammy I can't help thinking again the rules have been relaxed yet again for the ''lucky'' man.
No. Mansell was in the pit lane. Reversing the pit lane has been illegal since Christ was a corporal.

Lewis was on the circuit and under the direction of his team giving him real time updates. Masi listened in and deemed it ok. Everything isn't a conspiracy to help Hamilton.
__________________
Several actors have played James Bond, Sean Connery IS James Bond...
Sir 7ewis, 7X FIA Formula One World Championship, World Driving Champion. 100 Wins. 101 Pole Positions. 54 Fastest Laps. Actual Rain Master. Leave me to it, Bono. One Race Win in each of his 15 years in F1. Most Laps Led in Formula One. The Centurion.
Appreciate 2
dbarton621198.50
Bongoxxx621.00
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:29 PM.




bmw
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST