mecheng77
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2007 328i / 2014 M235i

Garage List
  [0.00]
  [0.00]
I love the scenery of Arizona and loved visiting Tucson, so many great hiking trails and nice dry heat but there are not enough lakes. It's nice to be by the water when there is heat.
I've actually been thinking about a winter home in Florida, not sure if Florida allows Airbnb when I'm not there in the summer? I've heard summer is unbearable, I've been in spring and it was humid af, so I would rent it out in the summer. Thinking about a small house a few miles from the beach but also worried about property insurance due to all the hurricanes
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2020, 07:52 AM   #24
RickFLM4
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by mecheng77 View Post
I love the scenery of Arizona and loved visiting Tucson, so many great hiking trails and nice dry heat but there are not enough lakes. It's nice to be by the water when there is heat.
I've actually been thinking about a winter home in Florida, not sure if Florida allows Airbnb when I'm not there in the summer? I've heard summer is unbearable, I've been in spring and it was humid af, so I would rent it out in the summer. Thinking about a small house a few miles from the beach but also worried about property insurance due to all the hurricanes
Summers are hot and humid and there is risk of storms. You get used it, much like people get used to weather extremes wherever they live.

I think AirBnB rules vary by city / town. Demand will be very low in summer mos. so don’t expect to rent it out all summer. Property near the water will be expensive to buy and expensive to insure (most likely through the state insurer and only option plus flood insurance) and AirBnB demand will differ based on location.

Also, there have been some issues with kids renting houses via AirBnB to host parties and causing major damage in the process. I presume this is the case in many locations, not just FL.
mecheng771005.00
      05-04-2020, 01:39 PM   #25
dreamingat30fps
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Miata, Cayenne, Model 3, F350

Quote:
Originally Posted by mecheng77 View Post
I've lived near water my whole life. Honestly can't say I miss it much when we are out in the middle of the country. I like the ocean, but not big on going in the water. West coast of FL has much nicer beaches, if I wanted to live on a beach it would probably be over there.

Property taxes and insurance are pretty high I think, compared to other states.
Appreciate 1
mecheng771005.00