BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos Have you ever advertised a vehicle on swapalease.com?

06-22-2018, 09:42 AM   #1
dcgolfdr
Wheelsucker
United_States
Rep
Drives: Truck

Have you ever advertised a vehicle on swapalease.com?

Has anyone ever used Swapalease to get out of a lease early? Looking at options for getting out of my Tacoma for something bigger. Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2018, 06:38 PM   #2
Dog Face Pony Soldier
2006 TIME Person Of The Year
United_States
Rep
Drives: M Sport 335i

Garage List
2014 335i  [9.74]
I have friends that have been on the receiving end of that service. I recall that it wasn't a quick process
      06-23-2018, 05:48 AM   #3
RMNB
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2021 440xi CPE BSM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcgolfdr View Post
Has anyone ever used Swapalease to get out of a lease early? Looking at options for getting out of my Tacoma for something bigger. Thanks.
LETS GO CAPS! LETS GO CAPS! LETS GO CAPS!

Sorry about that. I'm still jacked up about our CAPS!

Anyway, I've done LeaseTrader 6 times over the past 10 years. It works like a charm. Key factors are mileage left, money thrown at buyer as a bonus (must imo) and time left.

For BMW financial, $550 fee to do with them (credit app and fee), part of which is refundable if they don't qualify. Takes usually 2 weeks if everyone is aggressive and on board with the process. Usually same day or next for credit to be approved. Stage 1 papers are sent to each party, sign and return same day, Stage 2 is paper shuffling on BMW's side. Once you get the confirmation from BMW that the account is now officially in his name the car is his. Last set of papers are sent to each. Set up pick up or delivery of the vehicle with buyer/seller whichever.

Take multiple pics, 12 imo. Make sure it's spotless inside and out. The remaining warranty is of course transferrable to the new owner. This is the cheapest and most viable option to get out early or pick one up for cheap. Either way works great! I'm sure I've left out some minor details but this is basically it. During the process I am calling BMW daily to make sure they have everything and process is moving along. I always ask for additional assistance to expedite things like overnighting to the appropriate address, etc.

I've only used LeaseTrader but Swapalease is the same deal. Both charges a fee to set your account up and advertise.

Good luck!

PS : TOYOTA FINANCIAL DOES TAKE A LITTLE MORE TIME AS I USED TO HAVE A LEXUS BUT STILL WORKS WELL. I DON'T REMEMBER THEIR FEE BUT PROBABLY CHEAPER THAN BMW.

Last edited by RMNB; 06-23-2018 at 05:50 AM.. Reason: ADD
Appreciate 2
dcgolfdr199.00
jmg18663.00
      06-23-2018, 11:42 AM   #4
dcgolfdr
Wheelsucker
United_States
Rep
Drives: Truck

Thank you.
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2018, 01:47 AM   #5
jmg
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: G82 M4C X-Drive

Garage List
2022 G82 M4C X-Drive  [9.85]
2018 F80 M3 CS  [9.87]
2019 i3 BEV  [0.00]
I've done a private lease swap (I took over a lease) though BMWFS and it went smoothly. Took about 3 weeks. Just do the math and make sure the miles are right for the remaining term. You don't want to pay mileage overages. Watch for damage too since you will be responsible. Each lender has a different method for lease swapping, some don't even allow it, like Subaru.

2022 G82///M4 Competition X-Drive - KW-HAS, EBC Bluestuff, Millway Race Camber Plates, Cup2 Connect*, PSI High Flow Midpipe, Lightweight Front Lip, M Perf Flow Through Wing
Previous • 2018 F80 ///M3 CS • 2016 F80 ///M3
IG: Raging_G82
Appreciate 1
RMNB365.00
      06-26-2018, 05:28 AM   #6
RMNB
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2021 440xi CPE BSM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmg View Post
I've done a private lease swap (I took over a lease) though BMWFS and it went smoothly. Took about 3 weeks. Just do the math and make sure the miles are right for the remaining term. You don't want to pay mileage overages. Watch for damage too since you will be responsible. Each lender has a different method for lease swapping, some don't even allow it, like Subaru.
+1 as far as mileage goes BMW allows you to purchase miles 6 months prior to lease end so just in case you need a back up. It's a little cheaper this route if you know you're definitely going over.

I found out the hard way about Hyundai...no swaps.
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2018, 07:12 AM   #7
Never_Enough
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: Satan's Chariot 2.0

Garage List
I'd like to put the Jetta on there, but VW will not remove my name from the lease even after it gets transferred over to a new person. I will not be on the hook if some stranger decides to default. Fuck you VW. So I will just sell the car outright.
Appreciate 0