BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW Z4 Forums (G29) BMW Z4 (G29) General Forum First 6MT Delivery in the USA???

05-02-2024, 03:19 PM   #45
thereef510
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 X5 35i, '20 X5 40i

hey OP, I noticed you got the Cognac interior which has both the armrests on the door and on the seats finished in Cognac. However, the configurator shows that the Cognac color is only on the seats and black on the door armrests if you opt for the Cognac 'hand shift edition' color package. So my question is, which cognac did you get? the regular one or the one that defaults with the manual transmission package?
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2024, 04:09 PM   #46
tracer bullet
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 135i , '15 X3 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by thereef510 View Post
hey OP, I noticed you got the Cognac interior which has both the armrests on the door and on the seats finished in Cognac. However, the configurator shows that the Cognac color is only on the seats and black on the door armrests if you opt for the Cognac 'hand shift edition' color package. So my question is, which cognac did you get? the regular one or the one that defaults with the manual transmission package?
I can answer that after investigating it for my build. Yes the exclusive cognac has black door panels, the normal cognac has cognac door panels.
Appreciate 2
      05-02-2024, 04:51 PM   #47
Argo
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
United_States
Rep
Drives: '24 Z4 M40i

Garage List
2024 BMW Z4 M40i  [10.00]
Quote:
There's two Cognac options on the ordering guide:

Code:
SensaTec (STD)
K8SW Black SensaTec

Vernasca Leather
MAEY Ivory White Vernasca leather with contrast stitching
MAH7 Black Vernasca Leather
MAKN Magma Red Vernasca Leather with Black contrast stitching
MAPQ Cognac Vernasca Leather with contrast stitching
MARO Cognac Vernasca Leather with exclusive contrast detail and stitching

Alcantara/Leather
HCNL Black Alcantara Black Vernasa Leather with blue contrast stitching
OP got the "regular" Cognac Option (MAPQ) which is also available in the automatic, but has the standard gray piping instead of the black piping in the MT-exclusive option.
Appreciate 1
thereef5101169.00
      05-02-2024, 06:13 PM   #48
Westside Guy
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 Z4 M40i, 2021 228i GC

Garage List
Personally I prefer the regular cognac option as that added color to the doors really pop the interior, especially when the top is down. 👍🏻
Appreciate 2
Argo746.50
StanDiego6280.00
      05-02-2024, 06:37 PM   #49
MADBMWX5MC
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW X5MC

OP, great looking color combo
Appreciate 2
      05-02-2024, 09:25 PM   #50
rikwynnpa
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: MY25 Z4 M40i

I spent a lot of time thinking about the 2 Cognac options

Im puzzled why BMW spent the extra money to make an exclusive 6MT Cognac interior available where the whole interior is black except for the seats. It's odd. I picked the normal old Cognac interior because I wanted less black in the interior and got the cognac door card inserts as well as the Cognac armrest. I would have paid extra for a Cognac leather dash cover but its not offered. My last Z4 was the ivory color and it was fantastic. In the end I didnt feel like the seat trim in black with an M tab sewn in vs the gray trim made a difference and I went with the older Cognac package. BMW does some odd things with options. On the window sticker the Handshaffler package (sp?) isn't listed next to the $3500. It says Edition next to the $3500. Odd.

Quote:
Appreciate 2
StanDiego6280.00
      05-13-2024, 08:13 PM   #51
rikwynnpa
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: MY25 Z4 M40i

It turns out the answer was yes

So yes.....I own the first MY25 Z4 manual delivered in the United States. It was delivered April 29th and my SA claims he had the first 2 manual car orders in the US so the first 2 deliveries. I know there were some in Canada but my car was No 1 in the USA.

I have to say that the Sanremo green paint is spectacular in the sun and with the blacked out light housings (extended shadowline) the front of the car really looks menacing. The unique wheels and red calipers are amazing too.

Its a completely different car vs the manual G29 3.0 that I had from initial production of the G29 in MY19. It's loud, mean looking, fast and other BMW drivers spot it right away. I've already had 2 M3/M4 people try to chase me down to get a closer look. If you are on the fence, Sanremo and Cognac are the way to go.
Appreciate 6
      05-13-2024, 08:44 PM   #52
tracer bullet
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 135i , '15 X3 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by rikwynnpa View Post
So yes.....I own the first MY25 Z4 manual delivered in the United States.
Cool!

I'll suggest that if you can document that somehow, it might be an interesting note if / when you ever decide to sell the car someday. Or even just for your own records to look back on. It might involve some sort of detailed list of cars shipped and their VIN's to show you on top or something semi official, which could be too difficult to bother with. But it would be neat to have.
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2024, 08:48 PM   #53
Rcasa20
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: Lambo Huracan EVO Chevy Tahoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by tracer bullet View Post
Cool!

I'll suggest that if you can document that somehow, it might be an interesting note if / when you ever decide to sell the car someday. Or even just for your own records to look back on. It might involve some sort of detailed list of cars shipped and their VIN's to show you on top or something semi official, which could be too difficult to bother with. But it would be neat to have.
Agree. Not sure the “SA claims” is worth an extra penny.
Appreciate 2
Argo746.50
      05-17-2024, 10:56 AM   #54
Kempie
Rep
Drives: 2025 Z4

Quote:
Originally Posted by rikwynnpa View Post
Picking her up today at 3:30p.

Will send more pics later
Mine is just getting to the port in Germany so I am hoping to have mine in about 4 weeks. I heard you are from Philly, I am as well. Got mine from BMW mainline. I hope you are enjoying your car.
Appreciate 0