BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board Flying into the UK from the USA...Queues at Heathrow?

05-08-2021, 03:40 AM   #1
SenorFunkyPants
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2019 M5

Flying into the UK from the USA...Queues at Heathrow?

So I have some extended family flying into Heathrow next Thursday from California.
Has anyone any recent experience of how long it takes to clear Passport (and Covid) control?
I'm trying to plan my journey to pick them up and want to spend the shortest possible time waiting in arrivals.
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2021, 03:11 PM   #2
M_Six
Free Thinker
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 MB GLC300 4matic

No doubt it's dependent on the time of day. We always catch the last daytime flight from O'Hare and it arrives around 10:40PM in Heathrow. We literally walk through customs and immigration with the only wait time being the wait for the bags to show up on the carousel. There is never a line.

The worst part about flying into Heathrow is the mile+ walk from the jetway to the hotel we stay at (Heathrow Hilton).

Sorry, I digressed a bit there. Hope your family has an easy time getting in. It won't be at all easy going back to the US. That's always a pain.

"There is no shame in dropping fruit in your glass."
-UncleWede
Appreciate 1
      05-09-2021, 03:21 AM   #3
SenorFunkyPants
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2019 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by M_Six View Post
No doubt it's dependent on the time of day. We always catch the last daytime flight from O'Hare and it arrives around 10:40PM in Heathrow. We literally walk through customs and immigration with the only wait time being the wait for the bags to show up on the carousel. There is never a line.
Excellent thanks for that...I guess the scare stories in the papers about long queues are for the European routes.
Appreciate 0