BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board Marriott Announces Plans To Eliminate Single Use Bathroom Miniatures

09-02-2019, 10:58 PM   #23
NEfan508
Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1MOREMOD View Post
Just bring milk jugs to fill up if need soap that bad.
I stay in hotels 50-75 nights a year, after a while I noticed ALL hotels are gross, maid service has 20-30 min to clean on average (not easy to clean thorough with a time limit) I always assume my room isn't clean clean so I bring my basic bedding and try not to think of the 200+ or - people that have slept in the same bed THAT year

I don't keep the little miniatures because I need em I just like em

Not all hotels, just the nice places I stay @

If something custom is printed on them some are going home with me
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2019, 11:14 PM   #24
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep
Drives: Race car->

Sounds like a girl thing.
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2019, 11:21 PM   #25
NEfan508
Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Sounds like a girl thing.
it's what I like...

Sometimes if I'm lucky "bed & bath" is near my hotel, Gets my blood pumpin

Seriously, if you travel a lot you will keep strange things from your trips too
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2019, 11:39 PM   #26
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep

I've ended up with room keys I guess, I've mostly stayed with women at hotels aside from few guy trips. Never have know the guys to care about the soap only the girls.
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2019, 11:58 PM   #27
NEfan508
Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
I've ended up with room keys I guess, I've mostly stayed with women at hotels aside from few guy trips. Never have know the guys to care about the soap only the girls.
Why I collect girly sized soaps from my frequent hotel stays

I'm at my Maine beach house every weekend, I use the Mini's in the outdoor shower to rinse off, When family or friends visit and they forget something, they can just use what they need. It also comes in handy when I run out of something before I have a chance to get to the store.

Also I donate during the local food drives, they often ask for personal care items etc.

And ya, I donate other stuff too, underclothes and toys for little children are ALWAYS appreciated

Edit: I'm not trying to sound like a di** I do this n that, I'm just trying to say I use them and give most away, I actually bring most of my grooming items with me, hotel items I just take back home
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2019, 11:59 PM   #28
AlpineWhite_SJ
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 F80 M3 ZCP, 2020 F97 X3MC

Don’t know which is worse. Dispensers people have f’d with or the suspicion they’re taking those soap bars you all use once or twice and recycling them into the next "new" bar of soap. Either one is nasty and judging by the number of times I’ve opted out of new linens daily for conservation that I’ve still gotten fresh linens, staff is just gonna do whatever is quicker.
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2019, 12:23 AM   #29
NEfan508
Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlpineWhite_SJ View Post
Don't know which is worse. Dispensers people have f'd with or the suspicion they're taking those soap bars you all use once or twice and recycling them into the next "new" bar of soap. Either one is nasty and judging by the number of times I've opted out of new linens daily for conservation that I've still gotten fresh linens, staff is just gonna do whatever is quicker.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/dirty...c0bfa4356d/amp

Sheets are always cleaned or mostly cleaned

Blankets lol

bring a pillow case and a thin blanket with you on trips, kick the blanket/comforter off or wrap up nice n snug with the best jizz sponge in the room, your choice

Never ever ever use that mini towel to wipe your face in the morning, likely someone flossed their rear end with it the day before... sweet dreams
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2019, 08:57 AM   #30
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Meat Suit

I traveled often for work a few years ago. When I travel and stay in a hotel, I bring: my own pillow and comforter. I also bring clorox wipes and wipe down everything I need to touch; especially the remote! I don't sleep in the sheets provided by the hotel. I lay my comforter on top of the bed and fold it over, works great! I bring my own toiletries and don't even touch that shit in the rooms. Regardless of how nice the hotel is. I'm a pretty damn clean person and OCD to boot & I know what I've done in hotels throughout my years and I'm considerate of other people. I don't want to know what's been done in there before I got there.
Appreciate 1
NEfan5082658.50
      09-03-2019, 09:16 AM   #31
NEfan508
Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Now_Rudi View Post
I traveled often for work a few years ago. When I travel and stay in a hotel, I bring: my own pillow and comforter. I also bring clorox wipes and wipe down everything I need to touch; especially the remote! I don't sleep in the sheets provided by the hotel. I lay my comforter on top of the bed and fold it over, works great! I bring my own toiletries and don't even touch that shit in the rooms. Regardless of how nice the hotel is. I'm a pretty damn clean person and OCD to boot & I know what I've done in hotels throughout my years and I'm considerate of other people. I don't want to know what's been done in there before I got there.
Your not a germafobe because you don't want people's bodily fluids on you

Most would do the same if they traveled more
Limit contact to a rented bedroom to a minimum, I'm not saying bubble wrap your self but no eating gumdrops off the nightstand makes sense...
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13154.00
      09-03-2019, 10:32 AM   #32
Maynard
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 228iX & M2C

I DK what it is about that bus cart full of samples in the hallway, but it just screams out for larceny. Even though I absolutely know that I don't want any of the crap they have, I still have the urge to just stuff my pockets with all the unattended free stuff. At least I've matured enough that I don't actually take any home with me, but the urge is still strong - probably a sign that I'm halfway to sociopath or something.....
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2019, 11:02 AM   #33
No one
Major
Rep
Drives: F21 118i

Quote:
Never have know the guys to care about the soap only the girls.
It's apparent girls need to wash themselves hard after those guys you know.
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2019, 12:25 PM   #34
CTinline-six
Hoonigan
United_States
Rep
Drives: '09 328i, '98 Wrangler

Garage List
Am I the only one who brings my own body wash/shampoo when I travel? Smells way better than that hotel shit.

-Dr. Ian Malcolm, Jurassic Park
Appreciate 1
NEfan5082658.50
      09-03-2019, 12:41 PM   #35
NEfan508
Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTinline-six View Post
Am I the only one who brings my own body wash/shampoo when I travel? Smells way better than that hotel shit.
I bring a drop kit, I like my products they are simple but Can't live without them

crew hair fiber, lab series spf face lotion etc

I get the hotels minis to give away or use in a pinch

In all my cars and trucks I have a dedicated duffle bag with overnight basics and a change of clothes
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2019, 02:54 PM   #36
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep

Duct tape, shovel, lye, rubbers?
Appreciate 1
NEfan5082658.50
      09-03-2019, 04:00 PM   #37
upstatedoc
I'll get back to you
Rep
Drives: blue streak

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by NEfan508 View Post

Limit contact to a rented bedroom to a minimum, I'm not saying bubble wrap your self but no eating gumdrops off the nightstand makes sense...
what the hell y'all roach motels you staying at?
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2019, 04:21 PM   #38
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Meat Suit

Quote:
Originally Posted by upstatedoc View Post
Marriott, Radison and Hilton back in the days that I was a regional manager.

When I was a fiber optic tech, WAAAAY less classy of places. In some areas that we worked, there was only one privately owned motel/inn/whatever in those small little towns. Let's just say that I have stayed the night in some places that I definitely checked for cameras in the rooms and the makeshift locks on the doors served no purpose at all. There was a time that I was supposed to stay in Jackson KY. Went to the hotel and said, "Nope." Walked right out and drove 30-45 minutes to Hazard to stay at the Hampton. I was in Jackson for 2 weeks and had no problems with the additional drive time to not stay there.
Appreciate 1
NEfan5082658.50
      09-03-2019, 04:45 PM   #39
NEfan508
Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by upstatedoc View Post
Quote:
Quote:

Like I said, I stay 50-75 nights a year in hotels, some decent some nice and some with chalk line on the ground

600k Hilton points earned the hard way and 35+ nights at Marriott = I've seen plenty of hotel rooms

Last edited by NEfan508; 09-03-2019 at 05:25 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2019, 04:52 PM   #40
infinitekidM2C
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2 Competition

Garage List
Quote:
Like I said, I stay 50-75 nights a year in hotels, some decent some nice and some with chalk line on the ground

600k Hilton points earned the hard way and 35+ nights at Marriott = I've seen plenty of hotel rooms
What do you do for a living? When you say you earned those hotel points "the hard way" i'm slightly concerned...

Edit: oh ok commercial roofing contrator, whew!
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2019, 04:58 PM   #41
NEfan508
Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by infinitekidM2C View Post
Quote:

What do you do for a living? When you say you earned those hotel points "the hard way" i'm slightly concerned...
As in paid cash for nights and some bonus spend gets "hard points" for future stays

I work for my self so no company taking care of my hotel bill

65% is in mid tier hotels like your Marriott courtyard far from roach motel but not a ritz that's for sure

Edit: I'm a contractor sorta like Now_Rudi, I work mostly in New England "physical work" but I get hired as a consultant all over the country, day or 2 in Kansas, Salt Lake City maybe NYC it's random, that's why the weird hotels sometimes, not much to get around Lenexa KS...
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2019, 05:08 PM   #42
ASAP
Major General
Rep
Drives: '23 X3 M40i

I can never sleep in a hotel (outside of the jizz everywhere) due to the god damn sheets being dried in the most chemically abrasive fabric softener on earth... it itches so much and I am allergic... or maybe its the jizz again.
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2019, 06:07 PM   #43
vreihen16
Recovering Perfectionist
Ukraine
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW i3 BEV

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASAP View Post
I can never sleep in a hotel (outside of the jizz everywhere) due to the god damn sheets being dried in the most chemically abrasive fabric softener on earth... it itches so much and I am allergic... or maybe its the jizz again.
I know someone who used to bring their own 1,200 thread count sheets/linens to hotels.....
      09-03-2019, 06:39 PM   #44
infinitekidM2C
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2 Competition

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by vreihen16 View Post
I know someone who used to bring their own 1,200 thread count sheets/linens to hotels.....
1,200 thread count sheets? So basically like a tarp?
Appreciate 0