BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board Lungs

07-02-2009, 09:25 PM   #1
drift90
1st gear newbie
Canada
Rep
Drives: Its rather sexy

Exclamation Lungs

So yesterday was the great Canada Day, and usual I treat myself to a capt' black, im chillin smoking it, playing with it and at times inhale it.. now, i have smoked pot and use to smoke cigs.. i quit them both. This morning i woke up and feel like they're sore! I inhale and my throat feels at tad sore.. and both sides of my lungs hurt, I was able to go for my morning jog and do my work out successfully, but i it felt right as i woke up this morning. Is this some sign of cancer or lung damage? also my lung spasms during deep inhale. What do you think it is? Please help =(
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2009, 10:07 PM   #2
Noc57
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: e92 335

That can't be good dude.....
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2009, 10:30 PM   #3
stimpy
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

As a casual smoker (when i partay) - it's pretty normal. Welcome to the day after a heavy night of smoking.
________
________
LIST OF PLYMOUTH VEHICLES SPECIFICATIONS

Last edited by stimpy; 02-18-2011 at 05:19 AM..
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2009, 12:43 AM   #4
drift90
1st gear newbie
Canada
Rep

I'm not a casual smoker anymore, that is the thing, yesterday was literally the last time i smoked since god knows when !? Is this some kind of sign of cancer? or am i just damaged.. ?
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2009, 12:46 AM   #5
shahsk30
Banned
Rep
Drives: slow BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by drift90 View Post
I'm not a casual smoker anymore, that is the thing, yesterday was literally the last time i smoked since god knows when !? Is this some kind of sign of cancer? or am i just damaged.. ?
go to the doctor! thats your best bet.
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2009, 03:02 AM   #6
stimpy
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Quote:
Wasn't my point .. my point is your lungs aren't used to it anymore. But anyway, if you still feel pains, definitely hit up a doc. When I feel my lungs are pissed the next day - it's usually gone by mid day.
________
K platform
________
Chevrolet Tacuma Specifications

Last edited by stimpy; 02-18-2011 at 05:19 AM..
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2009, 08:49 AM   #7
SocalTy
Flushing, Queens stand up!!
Rep
Drives: AW E90

Garage List
06 e90  [0.00]
Go see a doc for sure. Especially bcuz it is your lungs where the pain is coming from. Dont know how old you are but it could be fluid, an embolism, or could be as simple as just from the heavy smoking that night. Never know. Point is go see a doc, get some xrays done if need be.
l 20% Tints l Osram 6000k Xenons l Brex l Blacklines l White Led Sidemarkers l PIAA Superwhite Turn Signals l 19" Breyton Spirits l H&R Sport Springs l Koni Yellow Adjustable Dampers l ACS Roof Spoiler l Painted Carbon Spoiler l Luminics Fogs l Oem Chrome Grill l
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2009, 09:02 AM   #8
drift90
1st gear newbie
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SocalTy View Post
Go see a doc for sure. Especially bcuz it is your lungs where the pain is coming from. Dont know how old you are but it could be fluid, an embolism, or could be as simple as just from the heavy smoking that night. Never know. Point is go see a doc, get some xrays done if need be.
The pain is not as crazy from yesterday, but its a tad sore.. if age is a factor in this.. i know i messed up thats why i quit, but im only 17, and research is showing that I have the some syptoms of lung cancer, Pain in liver area, shortness of breath, etc. This morning my breathing is almost 100%. Pain droped concideribly and i dont feel so mash.. but im still feeling it. monday im booking an appointment, im scarreeeddd
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2009, 09:45 AM   #9
aus
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Odysse

It's probably nothng, but have someone put an ear to your chest and listen for any wheezing. If you're not wheeziing, there's not much to do... except STOP smoking. Your body doesn't seem to like it.
What every research you read, it's full of sh#t. You don't feel lung cancer like that, particularly at 17 years old.
Let me get this straight... You are swapping out parts designed by some of the top engineers in the world because some guys sponsored by a company told you it's "better??" But when you ask the same guy about tracking, "oh no, I have a kid now" or "I just detailed my car." or "i just got new tires."
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2009, 09:50 AM   #10
drift90
1st gear newbie
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by aus View Post
It's probably nothng, but have someone put an ear to your chest and listen for any wheezing. If you're not wheeziing, there's not much to do... except STOP smoking. Your body doesn't seem to like it.
What every research you read, it's full of sh#t. You don't feel lung cancer like that, particularly at 17 years old.
I got my mom to put her ear against to check, she does not hear anything, and yah I neeeedd to cut it out now, its actually effecting my preformance, i could barely make it the 3rdkm this morning on my run =(
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2009, 10:19 AM   #11
jaiman
Captain
Rep
Drives: very fast

Quote:
The pain is not as crazy from yesterday, but its a tad sore.. if age is a factor in this.. i know i messed up thats why i quit, but im only 17, and research is showing that I have the some syptoms of lung cancer, Pain in liver area, shortness of breath, etc. This morning my breathing is almost 100%. Pain droped concideribly and i dont feel so mash.. but im still feeling it. monday im booking an appointment, im scarreeeddd
You don't have lung cancer. Wait a couple of days and then go to the doctor if the pain doesn't go away.

Oh, and if you lungs hurt, don't go running.
Appreciate 0