BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Professional Motorsport Racing Discussion (IMSA, DTM, Formula 1, Grand-AM, Le Mans, IRL, WRC, etc..) F1 Driver of the Year 2019 season

12-04-2019, 11:35 AM   #45
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep
Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II

The Merc from Lewis ..One of the secrets unraveled .You guys know what it is ?
Attached Images

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 1
M5Rick58873.50
      12-04-2019, 12:07 PM   #46
M5Rick
General
Rep
Drives: M5 F10 DCT Gunmetal

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
The Merc from Lewis ..One of the secrets unraveled .You guys know what it is ?
I know FIA cleared Mercs rear wheels with the mini ribs over the rims but that hole in rear of hub I would imagine is some kind of ventilation hole working in conjunction with that huge blister with cut off edge at the front of the hub.
Appreciate 1
      12-04-2019, 12:31 PM   #47
MKSixer
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW i8, E63 M6, 328d

Garage List
2016 M4 GTS (Allotted)  [0.00]
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [10.00]
2015 BMW i8  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by M5theonlyone View Post
Your entitled to your opinion but the way Lec got past Max on lap one with that power boost I'm keeping an open mind.
Both of the things I mentioned are associated with objective measures...timing. The RBR was no match for the MGP offering at this track.
Sir 7ewis, 7X FIA Formula One World Championship, World Driving Champion. 100 Wins. 101 Pole Positions. 54 Fastest Laps. Actual Rain Master. Leave me to it, Bono. One Race Win in each of his 15 years in F1. Most Laps Led in Formula One. The Centurion.
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2019, 12:39 PM   #48
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
I know FIA cleared Mercs rear wheels with the mini ribs over the rims but that hole in rear of hub I would imagine is some kind of ventilation hole working in conjunction with that huge blister with cut off edge at the front of the hub.
Some said...His tyres saving management is the best ever ! The Whisperer of Tires...

Well. Actually *The thing* works like a tyre cooling ventilator.......
Attached Images

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.

Last edited by ///M Power-Belgium; 12-04-2019 at 12:55 PM..
Appreciate 1
M5Rick58873.50
      12-04-2019, 01:28 PM   #49
M5Rick
General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKSixer View Post
Both of the things I mentioned are associated with objective measures...timing. The RBR was no match for the MGP offering at this track.
I see what you already said about the RB but I was referring to LEC and I think he would have got a run on Ham after the first lap if DRS would have been activated with his power boost and keep in mind how difficult it would then be to get back past him. Lec has got the reputation for being extremely difficult to pass now...even with Ham's trick hubs early in the race
Appreciate 1
      12-04-2019, 01:55 PM   #50
MKSixer
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW i8, E63 M6, 328d

Garage List
2016 M4 GTS (Allotted)  [0.00]
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [10.00]
2015 BMW i8  [10.00]
Quote:
I see what you already said about the RB but I was referring to LEC and I think he would have got a run on Ham after the first lap if DRS would have been activated with his power boost and keep in mind how difficult it would then be to get back past him. Lec has got the reputation for being extremely difficult to pass now...even with Ham's trick hubs early in the race
The Merc was 0.7 seconds faster than the Fezz in sector 3 and even in sectors 1 and 2. I will see if I can find the exit velocities of the final turn somewhere but it doesn't look good. Combine that with the tires and you have a victory for Mercedes, no matter what.

Edit: DRS usually activated on Lap 3. HAM knows this and would have been out of range.
Sir 7ewis, 7X FIA Formula One World Championship, World Driving Champion. 100 Wins. 101 Pole Positions. 54 Fastest Laps. Actual Rain Master. Leave me to it, Bono. One Race Win in each of his 15 years in F1. Most Laps Led in Formula One. The Centurion.

Last edited by MKSixer; 12-04-2019 at 03:18 PM..
Appreciate 1
Bartledoo2690.00
      12-04-2019, 03:08 PM   #51
SenorFunkyPants
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2019 M5

Quote:

Slightly disagree,after one lap if the gap was just over a second then if DRS WAS activated as per usual then it would have given the impetus to the car behind, Leclerc to latch on to him like he did to the pass on lap 1 and possibly get past.I'm convinced because of no drs Ham got away.
Verstappen was never close enough even in the first laps.
He was 3.2 seconds behind after lap one and lost a further few tenths to Hamilton on every lap after that right up the first pit stops.
Also the Mercs hubs have been inspected by the FIA...its no secret.
Red Bull will have it copied soon enough.
Appreciate 1
MKSixer34171.50
      12-04-2019, 03:55 PM   #52
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
My friend,Merc probably call it: TFV. Thru Flow Ventilation
I see it as Technological mechanical doping ..And Merc is using it to get more performance during the race !
Doping is not allowed in sports , it gives athletes more strength , speed , and recovery capacity .
It's like EPO , hormones and steroids . Think you guys know the Lance Amstrong story as well ...

Other teams didn't had the advantage of this Technological advanced cooling system . It's regarding advantage in performance .
Merc had advantage by this system while all the other teams had disadvantaged during the whole season .
Athletes get caught with doping by the International anti-doping agency . Because it's cheating .

The FIA is actually like a International anti-mechanical-doping agency in the F1 races ,and Headquartered at 8 Place de la Concorde, Paris, the FIA consists of 246 member organisations in 145 countries Worldwide !
Toto Wolff is actually the cheater and guilty in the whole situation because he allowed the system on his Mercs to get better performance and race pace .
We saw 2 winners by a system. The others drivers are been cheated through the whole season .

This means the FIA really s@cks !

Last edited by ///M Power-Belgium; 12-04-2019 at 04:03 PM..
Appreciate 1
M5Rick58873.50
      12-04-2019, 04:05 PM   #53
rcracin
Major
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
I see it as Technological mechanical doping ..And Merc is using it to get more performance during the race !
Doping is not allowed in sports , it gives athletes more strength , speed , and recovery capacity .
It's like EPO , hormones and steroids . Think you guys know the Lance Amstrong story as well ...

Other teams didn't had the advantage of this Technological advanced cooling system . It's regarding advantage in performance .
Merc had advantage by this system while all the other teams had disadvantaged during the whole season .
Athletes get caught with doping by the International anti-doping agency . Because it's cheating .

The FIA is actually like a International anti-mechanical-doping agency in the F1 races ,and Headquartered at 8 Place de la Concorde, Paris, the FIA consists of 246 member organisations in 145 countries Worldwide !
Toto Wolff is actually the cheater and guilty in the whole situation because he allowed the system on his Mercs to get better performance and race pace .
Whe had 2 winners . The others drivers are been cheated through the whole season .This means the FIA really s@cks !

Lol wut? You’re saying innovation where there are no rules forbidding it, is equivalent to doping? Or is it because it wasn’t Redbull who came up with it?

Innovation is more akin to an athlete coming up with a new technique.
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2019, 04:19 PM   #54
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcracin View Post
Lol wut? You’re saying innovation where there are no rules forbidding it, is equivalent to doping? Or is it because it wasn’t Redbull who came up with it?

Innovation is more akin to an athlete coming up with a new technique.
It's not fair , the advantage was huge ! And the FIA allowed it .
You can see it like doping in sports . And the International anti-doping agency (the FIA in this situation) closed their eyes during the whole season...
FIA is a big joke !

Appreciate 1
M5Rick58873.50
      12-04-2019, 04:42 PM   #55
yco
i'm just saying
Rep
Drives: E71 X6M '10 (sold)

Quote:
You can see it like doping in sports . And the International anti-doping agency (the FIA in this situation) closed their eyes during the whole season...
FIA is a big joke !
so mate with the same approach you have, Red Bull's exhaust blown diffusers 6-7 years ago or linking suspension to KERS like Red Bull did when Vettel was around was cheating also? no it wasnt.. it was innovation.. take a look to this video and hear the power limitation by this technique.. it was working like a traction control.. but the module that FIA was inspecting was safe to use.. no regulation was broken..

and actually somehow Vettel still can not adopt after 5 years in Ferrari and longer after the ban.. when oversteering, limiting the power and counter steer is the basics of recovering the car.. but with blown diffusers harder on throttle was working cause it was blowing exhaust gases to the diffuser and was creating downforce.. i guess somehow Vettel still carries this unnatural way of racing physics approach since i guess he spun on almost all the tracks in recent years in a shameful way while carrying 4 WDC on his shoulders..
      12-04-2019, 04:42 PM   #56
SenorFunkyPants
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
FIA is a big joke !
LOL seriously mate...you are crackers.
Appreciate 1
M3_WC1040.00
      12-04-2019, 04:48 PM   #57
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SenorFunkyPants View Post
LOL seriously mate...you are crackers.
No mate . It's a fact ..

Appreciate 1
M5Rick58873.50
      12-04-2019, 05:14 PM   #58
M5Rick
General
Rep

Come on Merc have wiped the board 6 years on the trot. Some are saying it's fixed for Merc and the joke once was 'Ferrari International Assistance' as a distraction from who's leading.Yet Ferrari haven't won the D/C since 2007..! At least there could be an independent racing body who could have the final decision in what is allowed to be fair to ALL the other teams.The tyre temp control hub is giving Merc a huge advantage.
Appreciate 1
      12-04-2019, 07:11 PM   #59
rcracin
Major
Rep

Quote:
FIA is a big joke !
You sound like a whining child. I’m sure you’d be jumping for joy if your beloved Helmut Marko thought it up.

The only valid complaint for any loser in f1 is money. Money buys talent, plain and simple. Seeing as Redbull has money, they just plain lost. Nothing more to it. Stop bitchin and moaning.
Appreciate 3
M3_WC1040.00
jkoral1016.00
      12-04-2019, 07:19 PM   #60
M3_WC
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
FIA is a big joke !
Boohoo

Brawn’s championship season was down to the double diffuser, which fia did nothing about. Par for the course, quit whining.
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2019, 01:57 AM   #61
SenorFunkyPants
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
No mate . It's a fact ..
I'm guessing you and your pal only started seriously watching F1 when Max Verstappen started.

So let me explain a bit how F1 works.
The FIA produce Technical regulation, Sporting regulations and a rather nebulous idea of the spirit of the regulations which the teams must adhere to.

For examples:
Benetton/Schumacher got into trouble for having illegal Launch/traction control software on their car which was strictly against the technical regulations...that was cheating.
Benetton removed a filter from their refuel rig against the regulations to speed fuel delivery during pit stops, famously resulting in a toasty Jos Verstappen...that was cheating.

Red Bull used a flexible front wing to reduce drag at high speed. Other teams noted the flexible front wing and asked the FIA if they can do the same. The technical regulations at the time did not allow movable aerodynamic devices. The FIA introduced weight tests on the front wing to limit flexibility....Red Bulls flexible front wing was regarded by many as cheating.

Mercedes introduced a system (as pictured) earlier this year to aid rear wheel cooling. The FIA were asked by other teams if they could adopt a similar system and the FIA declared that the system was allowed and within the regulations and other teams are free to use the same system.
That is simply called innovation.

Last edited by SenorFunkyPants; 12-05-2019 at 04:30 AM..
Appreciate 2
yco5720.50
      12-05-2019, 03:06 AM   #62
mk1-fan
Lieutenant
South Africa
Rep
Drives: 2018 G30 540i

Garage List
Quote:

Slightly disagree,after one lap if the gap was just over a second then if DRS WAS activated as per usual then it would have given the impetus to the car behind, Leclerc to latch on to him like he did to the pass on lap 1 and possibly get past.I'm convinced because of no drs Ham got away.
Ususally DRS only gets activated on lap 3. By that time Hamilton was long gone, so Verstappen or whoever would not have had DRS capability in any way.

And again, Hamilton was managing the gap, he wasn't going flat out.
Appreciate 2
MKSixer34171.50
yco5720.50
      12-05-2019, 03:11 AM   #63
mk1-fan
Lieutenant
South Africa
Rep
Drives: 2018 G30 540i

Garage List
Quote:
Come on Merc have wiped the board 6 years on the trot. Some are saying it's fixed for Merc and the joke once was 'Ferrari International Assistance' as a distraction from who's leading.Yet Ferrari haven't won the D/C since 2007..! At least there could be an independent racing body who could have the final decision in what is allowed to be fair to ALL the other teams.The tyre temp control hub is giving Merc a huge advantage.
Why did none of the other teams then lodge a formal protest over whatever "cheating" Merc did?

Really...........
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2019, 04:44 AM   #64
M5Rick
General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mk1-fan View Post
Why did none of the other teams then lodge a formal protest over whatever "cheating" Merc did?

Really...........
Engine supply comes to mind..just let them try complaining then no engine.Merc simply has too much of a stranglehold on F1 in nearly all areas and have turned into a goliath shadowing the lesser teams like some kind of hideous creature.
The hub mentioned and passed as legal is another example of how they use their advantage with already a massive tech lead. The others don't say anything as they would simply be squeezed by other means.Welcome to F1.
Appreciate 1
      12-05-2019, 04:50 AM   #65
M5Rick
General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SenorFunkyPants View Post
I'm guessing you and your pal only started seriously watching F1 when Max Verstappen started.

So let me explain a bit how F1 works.
The FIA produce Technical regulation, Sporting regulations and a rather nebulous idea of the spirit of the regulations which the teams must adhere to.

For examples:
Benetton/Schumacher got into trouble for having illegal Launch/traction control software on their car which was strictly against the technical regulations...that was cheating.
Benetton removed a filter from their refuel rig against the regulations to speed fuel delivery during pit stops, famously resulting in a toasty Jos Verstappen...that was cheating.

Red Bull used a flexible front wing to reduce drag at high speed. Other teams noted the flexible front wing and asked the FIA if they can do the same. The technical regulations at the time did not allow movable aerodynamic devices. The FIA introduced weight tests on the front wing to limit flexibility....Red Bulls flexible front wing was regarded by many as cheating.

Mercedes introduced a system (as pictured) earlier this year to aid rear wheel cooling. The FIA were asked by other teams if they could adopt a similar system and the FIA declared that the system was allowed and within the regulations and other teams are free to use the same system.
That is simply called innovation.
Your guess would be wrong, been watching it since 1066 mate.
Appreciate 1
      12-05-2019, 06:34 AM   #66
SenorFunkyPants
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Brawn won the championship once,Merc have six on the trot and questions need to be asked in how they operate.
LOL seriously?

Honda 6 Championships in a row
Renault 6 Championships in a row
Ferrari 6 Championships in a row
Renault 4 Championships in a row
Merc 6 Championships in a row

I'm thinking if I squint really hard I might be able to see a pattern.

Last edited by SenorFunkyPants; 12-05-2019 at 08:20 AM..
Appreciate 1
MKSixer34171.50