Quote:
Originally Posted by tomjonesBT33 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by boba-fett View Post
Quote:
Ask the citizens of Australia or Cuba that question. I'm sure you'd get a mouthful. The second amendment was written for BOTH foreign AND domestic invaders (…which could be an assault from your own government).

….and stop blaming guns and gun owners for that tragedy in Texas. Disgusting!
If it was not an owner with his gun, that walked into that school and shot and killed all those innocent children, what was it then?
A mentally unstable person with a weapon who was going to do harm to a person or group of people regardless. It's no different than the person/people who drive(s) their car(s) through parades, outdoor food markets, etc. with the sole intent on injuring or killing people. No guns? Use a sword. No guns? Use a knife. No guns? Use a improvised explosive device. No guns? Use a vehicle. No guns?…..get the point?

A wacko with a knife or sword can't stab or kill 1 person per second like an assault rifle and 30 round clip can. Also the knife or sword are less deadly since it is not piercing your body at 300+ m/s. A car wouldn't have made it into the class room in order to mow down nearly 2 dozen kids/teachers. You got me on the IED though. Quick damage to a wide area.
I don't mean to insult your intelligence, but you just haven't paid attention to mass stabbings. There have been mass stabbing attacks where anywhere between 8-33 people were stabbed to death. Of course, it doesn't fit the AR15 narrative, so it's overlooked. I can't take anybody seriously who calls a magazine a "clip."
I'll get off my high horse here in a moment, but this is something I need to address. I don't think police officers are afraid to storm a room where a mass stabbing is going on. Arguably, they probably would've gone in if it been a pistol. Or a shotgun. Apparently six police officers were scared shitless of an A.R. 15 though.

And going back to the law, or really lack there of, I've been a proponent of the concealed carry law here in Texas for a long time. The law where you had to take a class and have experience with your firearm before you could carry it around concealed. I thought it was a great deterrent to would-be criminals.

But the new law, where actually there is no law, where you can conceal your gun, even if you just bought it, you've never fired it before, and you are not necessarily very good at situational awareness, that seems like one of the worst ideas and one of the worst laws ever passed in the state of Texas.

Sorry if this gets in trouble with the mods, I was not aware there's been any intervention when I read the last few pages.
I work in law enforcement. I can tell you that the response(s) to these situations are calculated and measured. Take this post to my cop thread and I'll address it there.
Appreciate 2
Dpc2u11503.00
DrFerry6728.50
      06-02-2022, 02:36 PM   #6140
Dang3r
Schmollbraten
Germany
Rep
Drives: M4CPC // HP4 Comp.

Not sure where to post but my combined G36/P8 mag pouches had arrived today and I was at least be able to assemble my plate carrier finally.
Attached Images

Some say, that my scrotum has its own small gravity field and when Im slowing down that brake lights come on at my buttox
Appreciate 9
Sedan_Clan25113.50
paquet629.50
Dpc2u11503.00
DrFerry6728.50
DocL1930.00
ggunn9160.00
      06-02-2022, 02:40 PM   #6141
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep
Drives: '22 Chalk Gray Porsche C2S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dang3r View Post
Not sure where to post but my combined G36/P8 mag pouches had arrived today and I was at least be able to assemble my plate carrier finally.
Nice rig you have there. You even used accent pillows as the backdrop. Look at you!

Appreciate 1
Dpc2u11503.00
      06-02-2022, 09:28 PM   #6142
Donatello.
How's My Driving?
Rep
Drives: Hellcat & Miata

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinHEMI View Post
Like the last time people virtue signaled by "turning in their ARs" in the news, I decided I'm going to buy 2 to replace them. Started with this Sig MCX Virtus.

That brings me to 4 MCX variants!
Add a Geissele SD if you don't have one. Love mine. Sold my Stag because of it.

No I have a JP upper on order to use with a lower I already have
Appreciate 3
Sedan_Clan25113.50
JustinHEMI7445.00
DrFerry6728.50
      06-03-2022, 12:11 AM   #6143
ezaircon4jc
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 540i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesinaz View Post
I have several Glocks. I can't say I have experienced your issue and in fact I own a G26 and it is really small for me. But I have slightly large hands (makes playing guitar easier ). But I do know a better place to learn all things Glock called glocktalk.com.

A quick perusal found a couple places that will do this kind of stuff professionally. Not sure how long you would be without your gun and maybe spending an additional $185 on an inexpensive gun isn't appealing but here is a link to one such gunsmith doing this work.

https://www.coldborecustom.com/services
Quote:
Boresight is another good option. Their work is impeccable.
Thanks, guys. My problem is quite small, even child-like hands. I tried (and quit, for now) picking up the guitar, but found my fingers too short. There's no way I can bridge and most of the time I'm muting the strings I'm not fingering. I even picked up the bass, but after a year of struggling to reach between frets, I bought a short scale; which has helped a LOT.

My problem with the G26 is I have to rotate my hand around enough that the joint of my thumb is right under the slide. Firing gets painful on that joint after a short while. I shoot it well enough, it's just painful. I'm just not sure I want to go as far as to "destroy" the grip. I'll have to get this more thought...
Appreciate 1
Sedan_Clan25113.50
      06-03-2022, 12:18 AM   #6144
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezaircon4jc View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesinaz View Post
I have several Glocks. I can't say I have experienced your issue and in fact I own a G26 and it is really small for me. But I have slightly large hands (makes playing guitar easier ). But I do know a better place to learn all things Glock called glocktalk.com.

A quick perusal found a couple places that will do this kind of stuff professionally. Not sure how long you would be without your gun and maybe spending an additional $185 on an inexpensive gun isn't appealing but here is a link to one such gunsmith doing this work.

https://www.coldborecustom.com/services
Quote:
Boresight is another good option. Their work is impeccable.
Thanks, guys. My problem is quite small, even child-like hands. I tried (and quit, for now) picking up the guitar, but found my fingers too short. There's no way I can bridge and most of the time I'm muting the strings I'm not fingering. I even picked up the bass, but after a year of struggling to reach between frets, I bought a short scale; which has helped a LOT.

My problem with the G26 is I have to rotate my hand around enough that the joint of my thumb is right under the slide. Firing gets painful on that joint after a short while. I shoot it well enough, it's just painful. I'm just not sure I want to go as far as to "destroy" the grip. I'll have to get this more thought...
What about the Glock 43X or Sig P365?
Appreciate 3
tcphoto3537.00
DrFerry6728.50
      06-03-2022, 12:29 AM   #6145
ezaircon4jc
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 540i M Sport

Quote:
I'll have to look into those; maybe a trade? The Glock's grip is wider than either my XDS or SR9c. I shoot the XDS the best (which is marginally better at best), but it is rather heavy for all-day carry. I've been carrying the SR9c for the last week or so and as I shoot it as well as the XDS, I prefer it now.

I guess I have some research to do.
Appreciate 1
Sedan_Clan25113.50
      06-03-2022, 12:32 AM   #6146
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
I'll have to look into those; maybe a trade? The Glock's grip is wider than either my XDS or SR9c. I shoot the XDS the best (which is marginally better at best), but it is rather heavy for all-day carry. I've been carrying the SR9c for the last week or so and as I shoot it as well as the XDS, I prefer it now.

I guess I have some research to do.
Both of the guns I suggested are designed specifically for concealed carry. As a package they are small, relatively thin…..and where the P365 is concerned, can carry 15+1 when you utilize the 15-round mag. The footprint is extremely small. Here's a photo of my off-duty carry Sig P365 with the extended magazine. It is very small.
Attached Images

Appreciate 8
Dang3r12512.00
DrFerry6728.50
chowser512025.00
tcphoto3537.00
NickyC17484.50
      06-03-2022, 02:33 AM   #6147
Dang3r
Schmollbraten
Germany
Rep

Quote:
Both of the guns I suggested are designed specifically for concealed carry. As a package they are small, relatively thin…..and where the P365 is concerned, can carry 15+1 when you utilize the 15-round mag. The footprint is extremely small. Here's a photo of my off-duty carry Sig P365 with the extended magazine. It is very small.
Did you not have also in Cali the limitation to max 10 round mags? Aside of being a cop and you are maybe legal to carry more than this... What do you do with 15 rounds for self defending? You are a trained pro and should be able to stop your opponent with 2 or max 3 direct hits.
Even an untrained person might be capable of hitting his enemy with 10 bullets.
This seems to be at first sight an option to spray a bit

Some say, that my scrotum has its own small gravity field and when Im slowing down that brake lights come on at my buttox
Appreciate 2
Sedan_Clan25113.50
      06-03-2022, 02:48 AM   #6148
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Did you not have also in Cali the limitation to max 10 round mags? Aside of being a cop and you are maybe legal to carry more than this... What do you do with 15 rounds for self defending? You are a trained pro and should be able to stop your opponent with 2 or max 3 direct hits.
I am not subject to a magazine restriction. There's no guarantee that only 10 rounds will handle a situation. What if I'm hunkered down behind cover and using cover fire to move around? I could list a bunch of scenarios where having more [or less] ammunition is the difference between life and death.

No, 2-3 rounds does not always stop a perpetrator. I've witnessed dudes take seven 9mm rounds and a bite from the dog……and still fight. This isn't the movies where a suspect takes one or two to the body, gets lifted two feet off of the ground and then dies. You have to remember that many of these guys are hyped up off methamphetamine, PCP, LSD, etc. You can be shot multiple times and still function. We had a couple of deputies get shot multiple times in the face/body while parked and they still had the wherewithal to apply tourniquets, radio for help and aim their firearms down range until help arrived. The female deputy saved her partner's life due to good instincts and quick, decisive action.

https://www.npr.org/2020/09/13/91240...ear-train-stat
Appreciate 4
Dang3r12512.00
DrFerry6728.50
      06-03-2022, 03:15 AM   #6149
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

She was really heroic!!!!
Attached Images

Appreciate 7
Dpc2u11503.00
DrFerry6728.50
chowser512025.00
NickyC17484.50
      06-03-2022, 06:43 AM   #6150
Dpc2u
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: E93 M3, E60 M5, F15 X5, E46

I see the mods got it back on track again!

IG - @thebimmerhaus
Appreciate 2
DrFerry6728.50
Sedan_Clan25113.50
      06-03-2022, 06:43 AM   #6151
Fly320s
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: Car

Garage List
2020 BMW M2C  [5.50]
Quote:
In a previous post, you wrote that you use a Glock 34 or 17. Those both hold more that 10 rounds. Do you do a bunch of "spray and pray" in Germany?

You may already know that handgun ammunition does a poor job of incapacitating humans. Those 9mm, .40, or .45 caliber bullets just don't have the energy to do the catastrophic damage that is needed to make a one-shot-stop. Certainly, a single 9mm bullet can instantly stop a threat, but the odds are it won't.

So, since we know that handgun ammo isn't very good at single-shot incapacitation, we train to shoot multiple shots. Or, ideally, enough shots to stop the threat. How many shots do we need? Cold be one. Could be 20. There is no hard and fast rule.

Add on to that the fact that the bad guys just won't stand still and get shot. Plus, we good guys are probably scared or amped-up on adrenaline, which means our accuracy and capabilites decrease by a large margin.

Add up all of those factors and you get "more is better."
Appreciate 3
DrFerry6728.50
Sedan_Clan25113.50
      06-03-2022, 07:07 AM   #6152
Dang3r
Schmollbraten
Germany
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fly320s View Post
In a previous post, you wrote that you use a Glock 34 or 17. Those both hold more that 10 rounds. Do you do a bunch of "spray and pray" in Germany?

You may already know that handgun ammunition does a poor job of incapacitating humans. Those 9mm, .40, or .45 caliber bullets just don't have the energy to do the catastrophic damage that is needed to make a one-shot-stop. Certainly, a single 9mm bullet can instantly stop a threat, but the odds are it won't.

So, since we know that handgun ammo isn't very good at single-shot incapacitation, we train to shoot multiple shots. Or, ideally, enough shots to stop the threat. How many shots do we need? Cold be one. Could be 20. There is no hard and fast rule.

Add on to that the fact that the bad guys just won't stand still and get shot. Plus, we good guys are probably scared or amped-up on adrenaline, which means our accuracy and capabilites decrease by a large margin.

Add up all of those factors and you get "more is better."
First of all I am no law enforcer and into Germany and permits for ccw are very strictly limited and we have until now no restrictions to the mag capacities.
The fact that the mags of my 34 and 17 could hold more than said 10 rounds implements not into the same way that I would use them.

You can't compare US to Germany concerning the handling and treatment of weapons in any way, no judgement which is the better way to go.
If you got attacked here and draw a handgun, mostly the bare awarement of a handgun armed defender would clear up the situation. I wouldn't hesitate to shot 2 or more rounds onto an opponent if necessary and even those guys are sometimes high on octane or other stuff means not necessarily that 2 rounds are enough to stop them, thats correct.
But all well trained shooter would agree, that drawing, aiming and firing for us is more 'easy', no matter how many rounds you are holding into your mags.

Theres' no need for spray and pray, my constant army training advises also double tapping onto the target and obey the reaction. If you determine no reaction, shoot again into a certain zone.

We all know that theory, training and real life practice are not going always hand in hand but here I am glad, that until now just the look at my holstered gun were enough to keep any offender instantly away.

Appreciate 0
      06-03-2022, 07:40 AM   #6153
///d
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: F15 35d M Sport

Quote:
I too am looking at switching from the XD-S to a P365. I like how easy it is to conceal the XD-S, but it is heavy for it's size, too narrow of a grip and very uncomfortable to shoot. I need to find a P365 in stock somewhere and see how it feels.

I also thought about the P320 and my buddy carries one. The P320 replaced the M9 in the Army and I have heard good reviews of it, but I haven't had the chance to take it to the range yet. But holding it feels great, I just don't know that I want that big of a frame for EDC.

My Diesel Information Thread | My Wheels, Tires, and Fitment Thread | My Teardrop Camper Build | My F15 Suspension Lift Thread
Appreciate 1
Sedan_Clan25113.50
      06-03-2022, 07:59 AM   #6154
chowser51
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F33 430 and F39 M35i

Garage List
I have the P365 and hate the 15rd mag. I tossed it in the car as a backup.
I carry with the 12rd mag with magguts and when I pocket carry, I use the 10rd mag with magguts.

the wilson grip kinda hurts against the skin. lol

Appreciate 6
DrFerry6728.50
///d1820.00
Sedan_Clan25113.50
Dang3r12512.00
      06-03-2022, 08:38 AM   #6155
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by chowser51 View Post
I carry with the 12rd mag with magguts and when I pocket carry, I use the 10rd mag with magguts.

[img]https://i.postimg.cc/CLmhH4Ms/AE7-D3...45008-DC50.jpg[/img]
I can see why you'd hate the 15-round mag. I think I've just grown to love it.
Appreciate 1
chowser512025.00
      06-03-2022, 08:41 AM   #6156
unluky
Major
Rep
Drives: 04 z4 3.0 Sport & 15 X5 35i XD

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by chowser51 View Post

I agree! I hunted on the Wilson ranch last year and he had a P320 with the star burst grip. I also have a 320 and wanted to try it, but found the starburst, while certainly more slip resistant, was not pleasant to hold. With gloves it would be perfect, but I don't use gloves often.

It might not have been designed for guys with soft baby hands like me though............LMAO I like the look of it though. Glad I got to try it before I bought one though - not for me.
      06-03-2022, 09:09 AM   #6157
DocL
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3

Quote:
Thanks, guys. My problem is quite small, even child-like hands....
I have a P228 that is just slightly too big for my hand and for me to get my trigger finger all the way on the trigger. With that firearm I use my middle finger and have found it helps me to not move the gun while I'm shooting at the range. Have you tried this method?
DrFerry6728.50
      06-03-2022, 11:43 AM   #6158
Patrick303
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F36 440i GC

Garage List
I also carry a P365. I opted for the 12 round extended magazines to give myself a little more real estate for my pinky along with a hogue grip sleeve for a slightly thicker grip. Doesn't compromise size for concealment.

T0RM3NT3642.00
DrFerry6728.50
Sedan_Clan25113.50
tcphoto3537.00
Dang3r12512.00
///M TOWN16542.00
      06-03-2022, 12:11 PM   #6159
T0RM3NT
Mr. Irrelevant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '23 G80M3CX Dravit/Silverstone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick303 View Post
I also carry a P365. I opted for the 12 round extended magazines to give myself a little more real estate for my pinky along with a hogue grip sleeve for a slightly thicker grip. Doesn't compromise size for concealment.

^This.

I love my P365 with the 12-round extended. I use Talon Grips and really like them too.
Appreciate 3
DrFerry6728.50
///M TOWN16542.00
      06-03-2022, 03:09 PM   #6160
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Delivery day!!!! Another AR pistol chambered in .300 BLK will be delivered to one of my partners today. He's so amped. I enjoyed this build.
Attached Images

Appreciate 10
chowser512025.00
Dpc2u11503.00
paquet629.50
NickyC17484.50
DrFerry6728.50
Dang3r12512.00