BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board Dating - Good/Bad Experiences

04-22-2021, 08:21 AM   #9065
nyalpine90
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: MY24 G01 AW Msport

Garage List
2016 BMW X4  [9.33]
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Rudi View Post
For as much popcorn as you eat on here....it makes me want an emoji for flossing teeth.
prefer potato chips or Doritos but this forum only has popcorn emoji
Appreciate 3
King Rudi13152.00
Buug95916842.50
upstatedoc7555.50
      04-22-2021, 08:24 AM   #9066
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Meat Suit

Mods, can we get some Doritos and peanut butter in here please?
Appreciate 4
Buug95916842.50
nyalpine907384.50
cmyx6go15573.50
      04-22-2021, 09:47 AM   #9067
Lady Jane
Cailín gan eagla.
Rep
Drives: 2024 X3 M40i and R1200RT bike.

Appreciate 1
Buug95916842.50
      04-22-2021, 10:30 AM   #9068
Lady Jane
Cailín gan eagla.
Rep
Drives: 2024 X3 M40i and R1200RT bike.

Quote:
For as much popcorn as you eat on here....it makes me want an emoji for flossing teeth.

Attachment 2585978

Last edited by Lady Jane; 01-06-2022 at 05:16 PM..
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13152.00
      04-22-2021, 12:23 PM   #9069
MKSixer
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW i8, E63 M6, 328d

Garage List
2016 M4 GTS (Allotted)  [0.00]
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [10.00]
2015 BMW i8  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
And yet MK is nowhere to be found. He better NOT be talking to some gurrrrlllll!!!!!

ps, CONGRATS
Wait wut?!?!!

Isn't this the Dating Thread?

But if you really want Prancercise and medical photos I guess I can do that too. Back in a jiff!!
Sir 7ewis, 7X FIA Formula One World Championship, World Driving Champion. 100 Wins. 101 Pole Positions. 54 Fastest Laps. Actual Rain Master. Leave me to it, Bono. One Race Win in each of his 15 years in F1. Most Laps Led in Formula One. The Centurion.
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2021, 03:30 PM   #9070
Tambohamilton
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: E91 330d

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
And yet MK is nowhere to be found. He better NOT be talking to some gurrrrlllll!!!!!

COLOR="White"]ps, CONGRATS[/COLOR
Sneaky!

(Formatting broken for clarity)
Appreciate 1
MKSixer34171.50
      04-22-2021, 05:39 PM   #9071
vreihen16
Recovering Perfectionist
Ukraine
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW i3 BEV

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by MKSixer View Post
But if you really want Prancercise and medical photos I guess I can do that too. Back in a jiff!!
I think that you mis-spelled .GIF.....
      04-23-2021, 11:35 AM   #9072
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

Quote:
Originally Posted by vreihen16 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MKSixer View Post
I think that you mis-spelled .GIF.....
Choosy perverts choose GIF
vreihen1614889.50
      04-23-2021, 12:08 PM   #9073
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Well if this shit hasn't turned into the equivalent of an awkward high school dance? A handful have dates, while the rest linger and make forced conversation.

Sara dips for bit to ensure the thread isn't consumed by the lack of choices from her dating app and this is what happens. Just look at it!

Sara, I admit defeat. I have nothing of any substance to add to this thread...I mean, I do, but you guys don't want to to hear it. Sara what's going on in the love life? Entertain us.
Appreciate 1
Sara5775.50
      04-23-2021, 12:15 PM   #9074
M5Rick
General
Rep
Drives: M5 F10 DCT Gunmetal

All I can offer is another important detail (to me) of that night in the club I was talking about before which I'm sure no one wants to hear.
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2021, 12:26 PM   #9075
fiveohwblow
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: F15, E46 & M3, F82

I got off the market before I had a chance to even experience it. Men scoff and women say "ahhhhhhh" but ultimately marrying your high school sweetheart doesn't leave for many dating stories. Sorry King Rudi I am a not so casual observer. Maybe Sara will share some continued southern app charm...
Appreciate 2
      04-23-2021, 12:33 PM   #9076
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiveohwblow View Post
I got off the market before I had a chance to even experience it. Men scoff and women say "ahhhhhhh" but ultimately marrying your high school sweetheart doesn't leave for many dating stories. Sorry King Rudi I am a not so casual observer. Maybe Sara will share some continued southern app charm...
I'm just giving you lot a hard time. I don't have anything to offer either. The good news is that there isn't any bad news to report either.

Well, kinda.....

Last Friday night, the girlfriend and I discussed moving in together. This is HUGE for me. I spent the first couple of years keeping her at arms length as to not get too close. As of now, I'd let her move in with me in a second; if that were a possibility. Lots to consider and lots to discuss before this actually happens; but I foresee legal documentation being drawn up for this. I've been reluctant to share as not to jinx anything.
Appreciate 2
Buug95916842.50
      04-23-2021, 02:14 PM   #9077
Buug959
Captain
Ukraine
Rep
Drives: 335xi E90, GMC Sierra, VW Golf

Quote:
I'm just giving you lot a hard time. I don't have anything to offer either. The good news is that there isn't any bad news to report either.

Well, kinda.....

Last Friday night, the girlfriend and I discussed moving in together. This is HUGE for me. I spent the first couple of years keeping her at arms length as to not get too close. As of now, I'd let her move in with me in a second; if that were a possibility. Lots to consider and lots to discuss before this actually happens; but I foresee legal documentation being drawn up for this. I've been reluctant to share as not to jinx anything.
Take your time and get all your ducks in a row first. If she's "the one" she'll be happy to work out the details in advance to facilitate an amicable split should your relationship take a turn for the worst. Good luck and keep us posted.
      04-23-2021, 02:35 PM   #9078
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by LemansE90335xi View Post
Take your time and get all your ducks in a row first. If she's "the one" she'll be happy to work out the details in advance to facilitate an amicable split should your relationship take a turn for the worst. Good luck and keep us posted.
Thanks man! I appreciate that. This is the exact thing we discussed last Friday night. Neither of us want marriage, we've both been burned...badly. We both agree that we could spend every second together for the rest of our lives without needing to be married. Personally I feel like the construct of marriage is a dated ideology that died in the 80's. The only reason to get married anymore is if A.) you are a young couple starting a family that "thinks" you'll be together forever....whippersnappers or B.) You're buying a house together. Which brings me to the legal end of things. Her children are still young, 10 years before the youngest vacates the home, so her moving in with me is unpractical, which is a shame as my home is paid off. Me moving into her home is out for me as her place is big and nice, but her ex-husband was a DIY-idiot and thought he was Bob Villa....he most certainly was not. I have no desire to spend all my free-time and money correcting his idiotic attempt at upscaling the home. We decided that when the time comes, we'll either sell both homes and buy or build new. This brings us full round to legal representation in the event that things go south after. I'm also very reluctant to sell my home, then go in debt with her to buy another. It's like finishing the race and starting over again based on an emotion. Difficult stuff for me to process and come to terms with.

I'm not one to gamble what I've worked my entire life for, in hopes that someone will continue to love me and keep my best interest at heart. Big risk here. Scares the shit out of me, but at the same time; she is damn good to me.
Appreciate 2
Buug95916842.50
      04-23-2021, 02:46 PM   #9079
Joekerr
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2017 Audi S6

Quote:
Thanks man! I appreciate that. This is the exact thing we discussed last Friday night. Neither of us want marriage, we've both been burned...badly. We both agree that we could spend every second together for the rest of our lives without needing to be married. Personally I feel like the construct of marriage is a dated ideology that died in the 80's. The only reason to get married anymore is if A.) you are a young couple starting a family that "thinks" you'll be together forever....whippersnappers or B.) You're buying a house together. Which brings me to the legal end of things. Her children are still young, 10 years before the youngest vacates the home, so her moving in with me is unpractical, which is a shame as my home is paid off. Me moving into her home is out for me as her place is big and nice, but her ex-husband was a DIY-idiot and thought he was Bob Villa....he most certainly was not. I have no desire to spend all my free-time and money correcting his idiotic attempt at upscaling the home. We decided that when the time comes, we'll either sell both homes and buy or build new. This brings us full round to legal representation in the event that things go south after. I'm also very reluctant to sell my home, then go in debt with her to buy another. It's like finishing the race and starting over again based on an emotion. Difficult stuff for me to process and come to terms with.

I'm not one to gamble what I've worked my entire life for, in hopes that someone will continue to love me and keep my best interest at heart. Big risk here. Scares the shit out of me, but at the same time; she is damn good to me.
Yeah, how would the kids work here - I'm confused. If they would move in with you, I see that as a source of strife, the moment they do something to the house you don't like. You are going to be the bad guy. Though its hard, I think maybe the clean slate in 10 years where it is just you both would be easier. But that would be pretty hard to wait perhaps. That's tough - but glad you guys seem to be doing really well again!
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13152.00
      04-23-2021, 02:48 PM   #9080
upstatedoc
I'll get back to you
Rep
Drives: blue streak

Is anyone in this thread getting laid?
Appreciate 2
unluky7465.00
sygazelle11091.00
      04-23-2021, 03:06 PM   #9081
Joekerr
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2017 Audi S6

It isn't a dating story, since I've been married for over a decade, but sharing a story to get things moving again:

My dog is pretty much perpetually scared of anything, he spends most of his time slinking around the house and hiding in closets. I don't know why, maybe we yell a lot as a family, not sure. Just a few days ago, I felt much like my dog, and the two of us spent a decent part of the evening together attempting to avoid my wife and the related tongue lashings I received on multiple occasions that night. He was trying to avoid her because he doesn't like anyone yelling, even if it isn't at him. I was trying to avoid her for much the same reasons, though said yelling was definitely directed my way.

I did deserve it though, and went to apologize after I felt she had cooled down a little. I had engaged a tax lawyer to look into a plan to get some money out of her corporation (that I had told her about and she knew about), but I didn't do enough to make sure to reign said lawyer in, in terms of his fees. And she wasn't aware of his hourly rate, I was, but neglected to pass along that little tidbit. So when his bill came in at just shy of $10K for not even enacting the plan, just telling us a plan (that we decided not to go with because it was too risky), I became persona non grata almost immediately.

Which was fair...I learned a good lesson that night, and I've got a different tax lawyer now going a different way, but his fees are capped and I have that in writing. And now I'm doing penance by taking on additional projects that I might not have otherwise done in order to add bill some clients to try to recover some of that money I spent on the first tax lawyer. But I'm sure my dear wife was again second guessing her decision to marry me in the first place that night.

Truthfully, I probably do a lot of things that causes her to revisit that decision on a fairly frequent basis. Its sort of a miracle I'm still married. She *says* she'd be lost without me, but I think she'd manage to find her way pretty quick!
Appreciate 5
Tommy-G4467.00
Buug95916842.50
King Rudi13152.00
M5Rick58897.50
      04-23-2021, 03:08 PM   #9082
Tommy-G
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2015 435 Vert Alpine White

Quote:
Originally Posted by upstatedoc View Post
Is anyone in this thread getting laid?
Once a weekend and I tell my wife I'm dying, she claims girls at her work get it like twice a year.
What is the norm b/c I feel deprived?
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13152.00
      04-23-2021, 03:17 PM   #9083
4Hockey4
Banned
Rep
Drives: Pinto

Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyG-inFlaNow View Post
Once a weekend and I tell my wife I'm dying, she claims girls at her work get it like twice a year.
What is the norm b/c I feel deprived?
Twice a year ? wth. Twice a week min.

and I do date my wife, dinners flowers etc. so kinda.
Appreciate 3
upstatedoc7555.50
Tommy-G4467.00
      04-23-2021, 03:28 PM   #9084
Buug959
Captain
Ukraine
Rep
Drives: 335xi E90, GMC Sierra, VW Golf

Quote:

Just throwing an idea out here that you may not have thought of. Keep your house and rent it out... maybe keep both. That gives you the peace of mind that you aren't starting over if things go wrong and also gives you some added income from the rent. If you don't feel comfortable as a landlord then hire a property management company to take care of it. I'm not sure what they charge in TN but it's about 10% of the rent here.
I'm sure you have already found your place with regards to the children so that shouldn't be an issue that can't be worked out.
Both of you should sort out your own expectations with regards to what constitutes a fair split and then sit down and discuss your ideas with each other. Once you've got your list worked out then have your lawyer go over it, suggest changes, if any, and draw up a contract. That should alleviate a lot of your anxiety.
      04-23-2021, 03:59 PM   #9085
19M5
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW M5

This is without a doubt the most comical and entertaining thread!!!!!

2016 Dodge Charger HC
2005 E55 AMG Wagon
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13152.00
      04-23-2021, 04:06 PM   #9086
upstatedoc
I'll get back to you
Rep
Drives: blue streak

Quote:
Originally Posted by 16HC View Post
This is without a doubt the most comical and entertaining thread!!!!!
well, let's hear your story
Appreciate 1
Buug95916842.50