BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board Anyone here work at Best Buy?

08-19-2020, 02:57 AM   #23
Rawimage
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4

Contrary to popular belief you can work at Best Buy and afford a m4. What question did you have about sprint and delivery?
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2020, 07:50 AM   #24
Kolyan2k
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2006 S2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaVitaEBella View Post
Will it be best to just talk to their customer service representatives?
Done already

Quote:
Originally Posted by eluded View Post
Didn't sprint go out of business ? T-Mobile now. Sprint always sucked bad.
They merged or in process of merging together. For some reason Sprint service and phones are still offered but there are no stores or website, its all Tmo now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rawimage View Post
Contrary to popular belief you can work at Best Buy and afford a m4. What question did you have about sprint and delivery?
Delivery issues was solved after I disputed the charges with my bank. Management called me immediately.

Does BB open new Sprint accounts or the new ones are actually 100% Tmobile? And why is only 1 plan available, can I switch to Tmobile Magenta Plus as soon as I activate line in Best Buy? I want Tmobile service, but BB only sells "Sprint by Tmobile". Reason why I want to buy in BB because I have $200 gift card and reason why I want Sprint and not unlocked because they are giving $1k off 2nd phone.

Last edited by Kolyan2k; 08-19-2020 at 10:10 AM..
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2020, 08:17 AM   #25
TheWatchGuy
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolyan2k View Post
Where did you read this? Do u have a link

It says Sprint can use Tmobile network on Tmo website.

https://www.t-mobile.com/news/networ...er-with-sprint
https://www.t-mobile.com/support/acc...CK8YC3W0Z20261

"I just upgraded my Sprint devices. Will they be compatible with T-Mobile or Metro by T-Mobile?
Today every device works the same as it has on the network it’s currently using. For now, customers will use two distinct networks, Sprint and T-Mobile, and Sprint customers now receive extended roaming capabilities on the T-Mobile network."

They repeat this same thing multiple times throughout the FAQ. Sprint and Tmobile phones operate on different badwiths and networks. In the past, you have been unable to use your sprint phone if you switch to tmobile and vice versa. The S20 5g like what you linked, will operate on any 5g, since there arent many variations of 5g, so that is why it can work on tmobiles 5g, but it still wont work on the slower tmobile networks if its a sprint phone.

As for sprint plans.

"What if I want to change my rate plan? Can I still do that on my Sprint account?
Yes, as a Sprint customer, we still continue to offer the Unlimited Basic, Plus or Premium rate plans. Or, we also recently launched the Sprint Essentials rate plan, available to Sprint customers."

Looks like you can still get the 3 unlimited plans sprint had prior to the merger if you are a current Sprint customer. Just know that in the future, you will probably be switched over to a tmobile plan and phone.

As for switching to a TMobile plan if you currently have sprint.

"If I move from Sprint to T-Mobile, can I transfer my device financing now that the merger is complete?
No, not at this time. You will have to have satisfied all your financial obligations on your devices along with some additional eligibility and compatibility if you want to move your whole account over to T-Mobile. One of our Mobile Experts can help you understand the requirements."

They are still basically operating as 2 separate companies right now and you cant switch between the 2. you would have to cancel your sprint account, pay all the early termination fees and move to a tmobile account

Am I a watch guy, or do i watch guys?
Appreciate 1
      08-19-2020, 10:07 AM   #26
FCobra94
Rep
n/a
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitzhabersucks View Post
"Payscale" shows the average wage at Best Buy is around $12-$16 an hour.
Though I've never shopped there personally, I can't imagine their employee parking holding that many BMW's.
lol you'd be surprised how much financial debt "kids" will take on to drive a nice car. Years ago, the local Best Buy employee parking lot looked liked a daily car meet. I also recall friends of friends that would buy new STI's, 370z's, etc. just to deliver pizzas in...one guy had such bad credit, high number of tickets on his record, etc. that he was paying over $600/month just for car insurance!

Then again, times are different now...the current generation hardly gives a $h!t about car culture compared to years past, so who knows.
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2020, 03:19 PM   #27
Kolyan2k
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2006 S2000

Got my answer. Sprint activates new accounts under Tmobile, Best Buy strictly under Sprint and can't change any plans to Tmobile yet. Have access to only 1 plan and can roam on Tmobile networks. Accounts will be converted to Tmobile automatically but no one knows when

This sucks because Best Buy has the best deals. You can get 650 trade in credit and $1k towards 2nd phone. Tmobile has 300 tradein, and Samsung.com doesnt offer 1k discount
Appreciate 0