BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board Honeymoon destinations

12-13-2019, 12:30 PM   #1
R3dliner
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 18 M3 6MT

Honeymoon destinations

Hey fam. Looking for some suggestions here. Love this forum seriously.
Here's my criteria i'm looking for
- 5 star resort
- all inclusive (open to non as well)
- 10k budget
- 5 nights min

Already been to maldives, bali, europe(no italy or greece), all the hot Caribbean spots. Considering right now Fiji, Bora Bora, Seychelles.

Inputs highly appreciated.

Last edited by R3dliner; 12-13-2019 at 03:00 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2019, 12:43 PM   #2
m630
Major
Rep
Drives: '22 X4M Comp / ‘22 X3 / f136

Garage List
‘22 X4MC  [0.00]
Save the extra flight time and go to Hawaii, it has everything youd find in the south Pacific.

For that short timeframe id say go to Kona. There are many resorts and you can find all inclusive.

But, id suggest the Four Seasons as its literally the most beautiful resort on the planet (and their #1 resort worldwide.)

U can probably swing 10K for the 5 nites and meals on property, just need to add some $$$for the airfare.
Appreciate 3
R3dliner934.50
AntF32446.50
      12-13-2019, 01:00 PM   #3
upstatedoc
I'll get back to you
Rep
Drives: blue streak

sandy lane barbados?
Appreciate 1
R3dliner934.50
      12-13-2019, 01:05 PM   #4
R3dliner
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by m630 View Post
Save the extra flight time and go to Hawaii, it has everything youd find in the south Pacific.

For that short timeframe id say go to Kona. There are many resorts and you can find all inclusive.

But, id suggest the Four Seasons as its literally the most beautiful resort on the planet (and their #1 resort worldwide.)

U can probably swing 10K for the 5 nites and meals on property, just need to add some $$$for the airfare.
Thank you. Funny enough I was just talking about Hawaii with some friends.
Which island do you suggest? Maui would be on my list but i know nothing of the others.
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2019, 01:05 PM   #5
No one
Major
Rep
Drives: F21 118i

Wink "Honeymoon destinations" thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by R3dliner View Post
Already been to maldives, bali, europe(no italy or greece), all the hot Caribbean spots.
Plenty of honeymoon experience!
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2019, 01:06 PM   #6
R3dliner
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by upstatedoc View Post
sandy lane barbados?
Unfortunately I would only go back to turks & cacaos if it was in the Caribbean. Thank you for the suggestion though.
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2019, 01:07 PM   #7
R3dliner
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by No one View Post
Plenty of honeymoon experience!
That's why its tougher now to choose because of the experience from those places.
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2019, 01:15 PM   #8
m630
Major
Rep

Garage List
‘22 X4MC  [0.00]
Quote:
Thank you. Funny enough I was just talking about Hawaii with some friends.
Which island do you suggest? Maui would be on my list but i know nothing of the others.
Kona is on the big Island (which is named Hawaii too)

Maui is very nice, but once you experience Kona you’ll never remember Maui.

I got married later in life and did 6nites Maui first then 6nites Kona and then 2 on Ohau as I was going to Pearl Harbor.

Im going back in 2 years for our 10th anny and we’re doing 10days all Kona, we started planning for it the day we got home, its just that special.

Good luck!
Appreciate 2
R3dliner934.50
Hawkeye2069.50
      12-13-2019, 02:42 PM   #9
Alfisti
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2008 Saab 9-3 Combi

I know you said all inclusive but man Nice has a lot going for it. You can lay on a beach and get someone to fetch drinks all day or you can day trips to several awesome places in under half an hr, and italy in a little over an hr. it's a superb base in the French Riviera and a great mix of do-nothingness and culture.

Win.
Appreciate 1
Salty Dog3572.50
      12-13-2019, 02:51 PM   #10
gatorfast
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 718 Cayman

Agree on Hawaii. Its so beautiful and has everything on your list. I would recommend staying on Maui.
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2019, 02:51 PM   #11
Commanderwiggin
Major
Rep
Drives: M2C - X3M - Turbo E46 M3 - 45E

My wife and I got married in the Cook Islands; Raratonga and (especially) Aitutaki are beautiful. I'm not sure about all inclusive but I tend to avoid them like the plague...seriously if you want quality, you do not go for all inclusive.

I think you've got one part right...somewhere in the French Polynesian Islands will be perfect.

Personally Hawaii is highly over-rated.
R3dliner934.50
      12-13-2019, 02:57 PM   #12
R3dliner
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commanderwiggin View Post
My wife and I got married in the Cook Islands; Raratonga and (especially) Aitutaki are beautiful. I'm not sure about all inclusive but I tend to avoid them like the plague...seriously if you want quality, you do not go for all inclusive.

I think you've got one part right...somewhere in the French Polynesian Islands will be perfect.

ohhhh cook islands. I saw that on the map but didn't realize it was a resort destination. any specific places to look for? I'm open on the all inclusive things. We've been good all inclusive places and shitty ones.
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2019, 03:16 PM   #13
jlstyle
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Porsche Panamera

Garage List
2014 Audi S7  [0.00]
2015 BMW X5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Commanderwiggin View Post

This is a solid suggestion - Aitutaki was prettier than French Polynesia in terms of "island atmosphere".
But if you are not into doing nothing, I suggest Fiji or FP over Cook.
Personally Moorea (one of islands of FP) offers bang for the buck which is a mixture of Hawaii+Bora Bora in fantastic over water bungalows. When choosing a resort, you must do your due diligence by carefully look into google map for the one with best part of the water island can offer. For instant, Sofitel in Moorea has better water than Rits in Bora Bora, also each over water bungalow can face different direction of the lagoon, so make sure to book the one that has most coral with bluest water in the google map. In FP, Bora Bora offers least amount of land so more boat time is required. In Moorea, land is ample so you can rent a ATV and ride that along the shoreline for about an hour to do your stuff.

If you want the really nice all around resort, Andaz Maui is one of the best.
If you want the less money for $$$$ experience, Andaz Mayakoba is fantastic. Because resort is rather new an executive suite can be had for pretty cheap and resort is so beautiful and HUGE with nobody on. So if you tip generously for first few days, you WILL BE THE KING of the resort. Chefs literally remembers all your preference and serve you the special menus, let alone bypassing workers will somehow know your last name and offer you the service as you pass. Also they have the PGA golf course which comes along with it

As for the all inclusive goes, I've never seen one in aforementioned islands but they do have the meal package which I think isn't necessary. Better to hop around and get the quality while you are there.

Last edited by jlstyle; 12-13-2019 at 03:25 PM..
Appreciate 2
      12-13-2019, 03:30 PM   #14
ToddBlack88
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4MC 2010 F650GS

Quote:
Unfortunately I would only go back to turks & cacaos if it was in the Caribbean. Thank you for the suggestion though.
Haha, I was going to say Turks. That’s where I went for my honeymoon,......years back.
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2019, 03:41 PM   #15
Hawkeye
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: '07 Z4 Coupe, '21 X3, '16 GMC

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by m630 View Post
Kona is on the big Island (which is named Hawaii too)

Maui is very nice, but once you experience Kona you’ll never remember Maui.

I got married later in life and did 6nites Maui first then 6nites Kona and then 2 on Ohau as I was going to Pearl Harbor.

Im going back in 2 years for our 10th anny and we’re doing 10days all Kona, we started planning for it the day we got home, its just that special.

Good luck!
Second this, went on my honeymoon and spent a week in Maui and a week on the big island/Hawaii Island. Hawaii island was by far our favorite as there is so much to do and such diversity of activities.

I am pretty sure the island itself is not called Kona but that Kona is a region of the big island.
2021 BMW x30i • Phytonic Blue Metallic • Fully loaded
Appreciate 1
R3dliner934.50
      12-13-2019, 03:50 PM   #16
TXSTYLE
"Salud"
United_States
Rep
Drives: F01 & F15 / Mineral White

Thumbs up

Quote:
Hey fam. Looking for some suggestions here. Love this forum seriously.
Here's my criteria i'm looking for
- 5 star resort
- all inclusive (open to non as well)
- 10k budget
- 5 nights min

Already been to maldives, bali, europe(no italy or greece), all the hot Caribbean spots. Considering right now Fiji, Bora Bora, Seychelles.

Inputs highly appreciated.
Look no further than here and save some of that cash while you're at it but it won't feel like you spared any expense!

https://www.barcelo.com/en-us/royal-...away-playacar/

We went here for our Honeymoon and have gone back multiple times. It is simply "Outstanding in every aspect imaginable"!
      12-13-2019, 05:02 PM   #17
R3dliner
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlstyle View Post
This is a solid suggestion - Aitutaki was prettier than French Polynesia in terms of "island atmosphere".
But if you are not into doing nothing, I suggest Fiji or FP over Cook.
Personally Moorea (one of islands of FP) offers bang for the buck which is a mixture of Hawaii+Bora Bora in fantastic over water bungalows. When choosing a resort, you must do your due diligence by carefully look into google map for the one with best part of the water island can offer. For instant, Sofitel in Moorea has better water than Rits in Bora Bora, also each over water bungalow can face different direction of the lagoon, so make sure to book the one that has most coral with bluest water in the google map. In FP, Bora Bora offers least amount of land so more boat time is required. In Moorea, land is ample so you can rent a ATV and ride that along the shoreline for about an hour to do your stuff.

If you want the really nice all around resort, Andaz Maui is one of the best.
If you want the less money for $$$$ experience, Andaz Mayakoba is fantastic. Because resort is rather new an executive suite can be had for pretty cheap and resort is so beautiful and HUGE with nobody on. So if you tip generously for first few days, you WILL BE THE KING of the resort. Chefs literally remembers all your preference and serve you the special menus, let alone bypassing workers will somehow know your last name and offer you the service as you pass. Also they have the PGA golf course which comes along with it

As for the all inclusive goes, I've never seen one in aforementioned islands but they do have the meal package which I think isn't necessary. Better to hop around and get the quality while you are there.
Much appreciated on the detailed post but WOW sofitel moorea looks so nice. Putting this one the list
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2019, 07:35 PM   #18
premier3is
Major
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW 330i M-Sport

I'd say Bora Bora and stay in the overwater bungalows! Not sure if you've ever seen them but it looks different than most destinations and fun. They have tons there too.
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
vreihen1614885.00
R3dliner934.50
      12-13-2019, 07:58 PM   #19
carsbill
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW X3 35i

Garage List
Hawaii is where we just celebrated our 41st. We have been to all the islands and prefer Kauai and Kona. We did two islands - 10 days ( Maui and Kauai) for under 6K including airfare from Costco - upgraded to 4 stars all inclusive resorts as Four Seasons was booked full when we went. To me Maui is to crowded but if you want night life - it is the place. Peace and tranquility- it is Kauai. You can do helicopter excursions and also island hop for a day.
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2019, 08:12 PM   #20
e90335e36m3
M3
Rep
Drives: M3s

I will go against the grain and say don't go to Hawaii. Nothing like the new and completely unfamiliar. Hawaii will still feel like the US, doesn't matter. If you have to go, I recommend the Fairmont Kea Lani resort on Maui, excellent 5-star with great service and fits into your budget, even the suites. Definitely Hawaii is a cheaper alternative to Bora Bora or Fiji, but it still has the feeling of the US.

I suggest Bora Bora, never been myself but have traveled in Asia Pac extensively and the resort experiences are just different to what you will find in the US.
Appreciate 1
R3dliner934.50
      12-13-2019, 09:23 PM   #21
m630
Major
Rep

Garage List
‘22 X4MC  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by e90335e36m3 View Post
I will go against the grain and say don't go to Hawaii. Nothing like the new and completely unfamiliar. Hawaii will still feel like the US, doesn't matter.

Hawaii is one of the most geologically diverse regions on the planet, it is Nothing like any other place in the US

Black sand beaches, green sand beaches, the tallest volcano on Earth, lush tropical foliage, active volcanos and on and on ....yup, just like your backyard.
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2019, 11:11 AM   #22
R3dliner
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by premier3is View Post
I'd say Bora Bora and stay in the overwater bungalows! Not sure if you've ever seen them but it looks different than most destinations and fun. They have tons there too.
I love overwater bungalows.
We've stayed at one this past may at maldives.

Last edited by R3dliner; 12-14-2019 at 11:24 AM..
Appreciate 0