BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board Politics/Religion Mueller investigation; Witch Hunt or he has evidence (US citizens only)

View Poll Results: Witch Hunt or he has the goods
Witch Hunt, the Swamp is fighting back 33 54.10%
Impartial prosecution based on credible evidence! 28 45.90%
Voters: 61. You may not vote on this poll

03-04-2019, 02:05 PM   #133
DETRoadster
Space Force - 4 Star General
Rep
Drives: M2 MG 6MT / Moto Guzzi V7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Run Silent View Post
At this time, there are no formal charges against the president, and as such, it bothers me when so many seem to just 'assume he is guilty'.
It just comes down to human nature, I suspect. People tend to assume the best when it comes to someone they like/agree with/benefit from. They tend to assume the worst when it comes to someone they dislike/disagree with/do not benefit from.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Run Silent View Post
He's a pretty slimy guy, but it seems to have worked. Heck, Carter and W Bush were both pretty honest, honorable, Christian men and they didn't really do this country good during their administrations.

Perhaps we as a country do better with a pompous asshole at the wheel? Who knows, lol.
There's certainly an argument one could make that in order to keep the US at the top of the foodchain, decisions must be made and actions sometimes taken, that strictly speaking are illegal. And there are times when having someone not afraid to do so ends up being in the best interest of the country.

Last edited by DETRoadster; 03-04-2019 at 02:51 PM..
Appreciate 2
Run Silent13718.00

03-05-2019, 08:13 AM   #134
Taskmaster
Banned
Japan
Rep
Drives: M235i 6MT / E92 328 Msport 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by glennQNYC View Post
Chalk this up to yet another topic where you and I disagree. My perspective is the Democrats are far, FAR worse offenders of creating divisiveness.

Have a nice day.
Of course you think that, youíre partisan and donít look at things rationally.
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2019, 08:15 AM   #135
Taskmaster
Banned
Japan
Rep
Drives: M235i 6MT / E92 328 Msport 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by DETRoadster View Post
It just comes down to human nature, I suspect. People tend to assume the best when it comes to someone they like/agree with/benefit from. They tend to assume the worst when it comes to someone they dislike/disagree with/do not benefit from.

There's certainly an argument one could make that in order to keep the US at the top of the foodchain, decisions must be made and actions sometimes taken, that strictly speaking are illegal. And there are times when having someone not afraid to do so ends up being in the best interest of the country.
But what about Hillaryís emails! She should be in jail because people BELIEVE she is guilty.

But the standard doesnít apply to Trump for whatever reason.
Appreciate 1