BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board Politics/Religion Donald Trump For President!

03-15-2016, 11:59 AM   #1123
fecurtis
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW 335i M-Sport

Side note, I just got back from vacation overseas and I swear whenever someone found out I was American, I would get asked about Donald Trump. It was nuts.
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2016, 12:01 PM   #1124
NickyC
Major General
Rep
Drives: YMB M4, has a roof though. :(

Trump over 50% nationally for the first time today.

https://today.yougov.com/news/2016/0...lls-and-carso/

I don't really care for the man (or anybody running for political office), but the constant charges of racism and bigotry have really shown their hand. I've heard nothing racist coming from Trump, so he wants to build a wall, protect our borders, and enforce the laws on the books. That's racist?

I guess when you're losing the fight, you resort to ridiculous claims of racism. That term honestly means nothing to me anymore, it's so overplayed.
Appreciate 3
      03-15-2016, 12:05 PM   #1125
fecurtis
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickyC View Post
Trump over 50% nationally for the first time today.

https://today.yougov.com/news/2016/0...lls-and-carso/

I don't really care for the man (or anybody running for political office), but the constant charges of racism and bigotry have really shown their hand. I've heard nothing racist coming from Trump, so he wants to build a wall, protect our borders, and enforce the laws on the books. That's racist?

I guess when you're losing the fight, you resort to ridiculous claims of racism. That term honestly means nothing to me anymore, it's so overplayed.
It's just something liberal pussies like to call him...which merely makes him more attractive to conservatives because if there's one thing that makes them happy, it's knowing they're actively pissing off sissies.
Appreciate 1
      03-15-2016, 12:06 PM   #1126
NickyC
Major General
Rep
Drives: YMB M4, has a roof though. :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by fecurtis View Post
It's just something liberal pussies like to call him...which merely makes him more attractive to conservatives because if there's one thing that makes them happy, it's knowing they're actively pissing off sissies.
I have to agree. I've never seen a group of people go to the "racist" well so often. Anytime you disagree with any policy, on any means, it always gets back to racism. These people are sick.
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2016, 12:10 PM   #1127
gonzo
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: as many as possible

Quote:

I was wondering were you've been. Europe?
      03-15-2016, 12:14 PM   #1128
SumBMWGuy
Major
Rep
Drives: A German Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEMR View Post
... 90% of the labor jobs in just about any industry out here are employed by Mexican workers...
I too am in Southern California, and have not seen that 90% of the labor force is Mexican. Do you have any proof to back up your statement? Or is it strictly anecdotal evidence?
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2016, 12:16 PM   #1129
BEMR
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 15 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by fecurtis
Quote:
His property ownership in the US alone is phenomenal, his net worth billions more than that of any other candidate on either side. His properties are debt free, yes free of mortgages fact check that.
Do you mean his personal homes or his properties through Trump Corporation?

If it's the latter, there's no way in fucking hell that's true. That's impossible. The former I could understand.
He said it although all said or written is not always true, but again who cares? Seems the Washington post is the only news organization calling him out on that, and you know their relationship with him.

Seems if it were really an issue as a simple title report on the property would prove worthy, but I haven't seen any other news agencies on the story with title report copies.

With integrity nothing else matters, without integrity nothing else matters.
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2016, 12:21 PM   #1130
BEMR
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumBMWGuy
Quote:
... 90% of the labor jobs in just about any industry out here are employed by Mexican workers...
I too am in Southern California, and have not seen that 90% of the labor force is Mexican. Do you have any proof to back up your statement? Or is it strictly anecdotal evidence?
I'm talking about the minimum wage labor force all the hotels all the restaurants all the maintenance all the repair all the minimum wage jobs that individuals are taking that you would love to have your child or somebody working their way up into the workforce be a part of for example everything construction and I mean everything construction with New Home Building and I live in probably the most popular portion of New Home Building in the country it's all Mexican maybe a few maybe one out of a hundred in my neighborhood that are in the process of building 5000 homes are probably anyone other than Mexicans and blacks are unheard of and Asians there are none to be found. you can call it anecdotal all you want but how about living proof drive through an area in Southern California where new homes are being built then ask me that same question

Appreciate 0
      03-15-2016, 12:58 PM   #1131
SumBMWGuy
Major
Rep
Drives: A German Car

@ BEMR,

And I guess none of those workers are maybe Guatamelan or Colombian possibly? Or do you just lump all latinos together?
Appreciate 1
      03-15-2016, 01:13 PM   #1132
fecurtis
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonzo View Post

I was wondering were you've been. Europe?
Doha and Phuket in Thailand. Sadly my vacation was too short.
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2016, 01:15 PM   #1133
fecurtis
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
He said it although all said or written is not always true, but again who cares? Seems the Washington post is the only news organization calling him out on that, and you know their relationship with him.

Seems if it were really an issue as a simple title report on the property would prove worthy, but I haven't seen any other news agencies on the story with title report copies.
Yeah I mean some of his properties have filed for chapter 11...which wouldn't of happened if they had no debt associated with it. All investment properties have some sort of debt associated with it, not that that's a bad thing, it's perfectly normal.

I don't care, but you're the one who brought it up.
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2016, 01:16 PM   #1134
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep
Drives: '17 Nardo Grey M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEMR
Good responses Klause and gonzo, but it's so easy to forget a lot of the bombastic statements that Trump makes if you live in the Southern California area. Over the past 20 or 30 years I have watched are Southern California area go from 24% Hispanic population to 52 percent Hispanic population with thousands upon thousands coming across our border to work in Southern California and take away jobs and I mean take away jobs by the thousands. 90% of the labor jobs in just about any industry out here are employed by Mexican workers of course they're people too but I deal with a lot of businesses that deal with the Hispanic population and even they can admit that the majority of them have come across the borders illegally figured out a way to become Americanized supposedly, having babies or otherwise, and now we pay for their health care and now we pay for their food, and now they take jobs, with a borderless country your going to have issues.

Trump is the only candidate that immediately started out mentioning our immigration problem regarding illegal immigrants coming into our country illegally, that's the key word illegal. the illegal immigration may not kill jobs in your area but it certainly does here and with this candidate wanting to build a wall wanting to vet immigrants wanting to slow down the flow wanted to stop the Syrian refugees by the hundreds of thousands coming into this country like the Obama Administration wants to do if there's any reason at all I'm for Trump that would be just the only single reason if anything at all.

I would love for anybody to debate how illegal immigration coming into a country that is ready to implode financially is a good thing. if you just drive around for the day between San Diego and Santa Ana and came in contact with as many people as you could you would be surprised how many have no idea how to speak English, that would make no sense to someone in Ohio someone in Kansas someone in Arkansas someone in Idaho but it does make sense to someone in Southern California in southern Texas and southern New Mexico and Southern Arizona just ask Sheriff Arpaio who endorses Trump, he sees it first hand daily.

If Hillary Clinton gets her way there would never be a border fence in fact the walls would come down completely and we would see a mass entrance of all immigration overcrowding our Country even more.

the 14th Amendment offers citizenship or Birthright to individuals that are automatically born into our country one of only a couple countries that will allow this, I have paramedic clients that work along the border of Tijuana Mexico that on a daily basis women that are in their third trimester of pregnancy step across the border call nine-one-one have their child and become American citizens immediately it happens every day.

Unless you live in El Paso San Diego Calexico Brownsville Columbus Laredo Nogales McAllen you probably would not understand what I'm talking about and to see that the only candidate running for president wants to reinforce all of those cities with a border wall and have the border patrol exercise the law to send back illegal immigrants as they are supposed to by law instead of being issued orders to stand down you would see what I mean.

An economy must rely on jobs in the event that we fail to employ our people our country will lose every time Trump has shown more interest in this subject than any other candidate so basically I could really care less about any other aspects of how people may be afraid that he can push a button all alone and cause major Havoc to 300 million people that is very doubtful in my opinion.
+2
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2016, 01:18 PM   #1135
fecurtis
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I'm talking about the minimum wage labor force all the hotels all the restaurants all the maintenance all the repair all the minimum wage jobs that individuals are taking that you would love to have your child or somebody working their way up into the workforce be a part of for example everything construction and I mean everything construction with New Home Building and I live in probably the most popular portion of New Home Building in the country it's all Mexican maybe a few maybe one out of a hundred in my neighborhood that are in the process of building 5000 homes are probably anyone other than Mexicans and blacks are unheard of and Asians there are none to be found. you can call it anecdotal all you want but how about living proof drive through an area in Southern California where new homes are being built then ask me that same question
No, they take jobs no one else wants. If they're willing to do it for cheaper and won't bitch about benefits, I see no issues with it.

Plus, no I would not like my child working in those kinds of jobs (if I had a kid).
Appreciate 1
      03-15-2016, 03:36 PM   #1136
BEMR
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
No, they take jobs no one else wants. If they're willing to do it for cheaper and won't bitch about benefits, I see no issues with it.

Plus, no I would not like my child working in those kinds of jobs (if I had a kid).
Just curious, would you rather have your kid just staying home playing video games and earning a badge of honer on World of Warcraft.

You hit the nail on the head for the most part, we are raising some of the most entitled lazy mf'ing kids these days. I mean lazy, they feel entitled like you owe THEM something, and their motto is gratification without sacrifice.

The Mexican workers or let's say some of the Guatemalans or Colombians as another poster had mentioned, work circles around our young labor force. in fact on a legitimate Level Playing Field our kids couldn't get the job or last a few days compared to all of them.

AND then compare that to even the parents like you and I know you said you don't have any kids yet, but to have the parents even go along with it would even be worse no wonder the kids don't want to try any harder no wonder they can't compete with the Mexicans look at the parents.

Appreciate 0
      03-15-2016, 03:50 PM   #1137
babyboss
Lieutenant
South Africa
Rep
Drives: 640d Msport

Garage List
2012 640d  [0.00]
He should stick to Hotel Room Services ..
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2016, 04:10 PM   #1138
fecurtis
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Just curious, would you rather have your kid just staying home playing video games and earning a badge of honer on World of Warcraft.
Most 16 year olds aren't strong enough for low skill manual labor. I know when I was growing up it was common for us to work in fast food, restaurants, grocery stores, retail and coffee shops. I personally worked in a coffee shop in HS. There's still a market for teenagers who speak fluent English. Stuff like day laborers and construction you can get by without really knowing English.

Quote:
You hit the nail on the head for the most part, we are raising some of the most entitled lazy mf'ing kids these days. I mean lazy, they feel entitled like you owe THEM something, and their motto is gratification without sacrifice.

The Mexican workers or let's say some of the Guatemalans or Colombians as another poster had mentioned, work circles around our young labor force. in fact on a legitimate Level Playing Field our kids couldn't get the job or last a few days compared to all of them.

AND then compare that to even the parents like you and I know you said you don't have any kids yet, but to have the parents even go along with it would even be worse no wonder the kids don't want to try any harder no wonder they can't compete with the Mexicans look at the parents.
I think you pretty much have to have some sort of skill in order to get anywhere in America. Go to college, get a USEFUL degree (something STEM related or business related), go to a GOOD school and get damn good grades. Then after that, MAKE FUCKING CONNECTIONS AND NETWORK. Shit I've gotten jobs without even interviewing for them because they're with people I've worked closely with in prior jobs and they vouch for me.

I think the problem with millennials may not be that they're lazy (some are of course) but yeah the sense of entitlement. Just because you finished school top 1% of your class in a useful study, doesn't mean much. But that's the great thing about the real world, it does a great job of humbling you real quick.
Appreciate 2
      03-15-2016, 04:18 PM   #1139
gonzo
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: as many as possible

Quote:
Most 16 year olds aren't strong enough for low skill manual labor. I know when I was growing up it was common for us to work in fast food, restaurants, grocery stores, retail and coffee shops. I personally worked in a coffee shop in HS. There's still a market for teenagers who speak fluent English. Stuff like day laborers and construction you can get by without really knowing English.

I think you pretty much have to have some sort of skill in order to get anywhere in America. Go to college, get a USEFUL degree (something STEM related or business related), go to a GOOD school and get damn good grades. Then after that, MAKE FUCKING CONNECTIONS AND NETWORK. Shit I've gotten jobs without even interviewing for them because they're with people I've worked closely with in prior jobs and they vouch for me.

I think the problem with millennials may not be that they're lazy (some are of course) but yeah the sense of entitlement. Just because you finished school top 1% of your class in a useful study, doesn't mean much. But that's the great thing about the real world, it does a great job of humbling you real quick.
DC Metro cable inspector is a good job.
      03-15-2016, 04:26 PM   #1140
fecurtis
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonzo View Post
DC Metro cable inspector is a good job.
This made me laugh aloud.

I'm crossing my fingers that most people work from home tomorrow or traffic will be hell...more so than it usually is.
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2016, 05:19 PM   #1141
Ali Shiralian
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2014 335i xdrive, 2014 X5 3.5d

Garage List
Quote:

Don't even get me started on the sense of entitlement. Majority of my employees are HS kids and as soon as they walk in the door, it seems like they're doing the establishment a favour by just being there. Most don't even need the job, it's their parents who want them out of the house...
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2016, 05:43 PM   #1142
bbbbmw
Major General
Rep
Drives: 135i

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by FL335 View Post
No "stretch" at all..shoot I live in FL. I don't know anyone who gets their shit for free because I hangout with people who work hard and earn their living...a novel idea..
Bullshit, no one works in Florida. Plus the abuse happens no matter who's President. I don't think Obama has made easier or worse than any other President, he, like many before him, just haven't put in an effort to curtail waste. You got more unemployment claims and what not under his watch but that's because of the recession.
No, the first thing Obama did as president in 2009 was to undo the very successful "welfare reform" that Congress passed and Clinton signed in the 1990's. Since then, welfare rolls have exploded. And according to the Obama Administration, the economy is better than it was under Bush, so by that logic welfare rolls should be very small....
      03-15-2016, 05:46 PM   #1143
bbbbmw
Major General
Rep
Drives: 135i

Quote:
Quote:

Except that they are supplementing their low incomes with welfare benefits, that is taxpayers are providing:

"An estimated 49 percent of households headed by legal immigrants used one or more welfare programs in 2012, compared to 30 percent of households headed by natives.

Households headed by legal immigrants have higher use rates than native households overall and for cash programs (14 percent vs. 10 percent), food programs (36 percent vs. 22 percent), and Medicaid (39 percent vs. 23 percent). Use of housing programs is similar.

Legal immigrant households account for three-quarters of all immigrant households accessing one or more welfare programs.

Less-educated legal immigrants make extensive use of every type of welfare program, including cash, food, Medicaid, and housing.

The overwhelming majority of illegal immigrants have modest levels of education; therefore, the high use of welfare associated with less-educated legal immigrants indicates that legalization would likely increase welfare costs, particularly for cash and housing programs.

Restrictions on new legal immigrants? access to welfare have not prevented them from accessing programs at high rates because restrictions often apply to only a modest share of immigrants at any one time, some programs are not restricted, there are numerous exceptions and exemptions, and some provisions are entirely unenforced. Equally important, immigrants, including those illegally in the country, can receive welfare on behalf of their U.S.-born children."

http://cis.org/Welfare-Use-Legal-Ill...ant-Households

That "doing jobs Americans won't do" is bullshit - they simply undercut the low end of the American workforce, and we all pick up the employee benefits tab for the corporations who employ them.
      03-15-2016, 07:30 PM   #1144
BEMR
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbbbmw
Quote:
Quote:

Except that they are supplementing their low incomes with welfare benefits, that is taxpayers are providing:

"An estimated 49 percent of households headed by legal immigrants used one or more welfare programs in 2012, compared to 30 percent of households headed by natives.

Households headed by legal immigrants have higher use rates than native households overall and for cash programs (14 percent vs. 10 percent), food programs (36 percent vs. 22 percent), and Medicaid (39 percent vs. 23 percent). Use of housing programs is similar.

Legal immigrant households account for three-quarters of all immigrant households accessing one or more welfare programs.

Less-educated legal immigrants make extensive use of every type of welfare program, including cash, food, Medicaid, and housing.

The overwhelming majority of illegal immigrants have modest levels of education; therefore, the high use of welfare associated with less-educated legal immigrants indicates that legalization would likely increase welfare costs, particularly for cash and housing programs.

Restrictions on new legal immigrants? access to welfare have not prevented them from accessing programs at high rates because restrictions often apply to only a modest share of immigrants at any one time, some programs are not restricted, there are numerous exceptions and exemptions, and some provisions are entirely unenforced. Equally important, immigrants, including those illegally in the country, can receive welfare on behalf of their U.S.-born children."

http://cis.org/Welfare-Use-Legal-Ill...ant-Households

That "doing jobs Americans won't do" is bullshit - they simply undercut the low end of the American workforce, and we all pick up the employee benefits tab for the corporations who employ them.
Honestly, the best most worthy post so far!

Appreciate 0