BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board Politics/Religion Donald Trump For President!

03-16-2016, 04:59 PM   #1189
GabeS
Crazy!
Rep
Drives: E93 M3/S14 SRT 10 viper swap

"feel The Clint"
      03-16-2016, 05:45 PM   #1190
bbbbmw
Major General
Rep
Drives: 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by other_evolved
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbbbmw View Post
Hopefully we won't have illegals here in the first place, and hopefully the practice of letting people claim a tax refund without a social security number will end.
Gosh....how Trump is going to magically round up/deport 9-11mm individuals would be quite a feat. What are his plans on how to get that done?

The IRS likely doesn't go after many of the EIC violators because it's not worth the man hours. The IRS gets the most bang for their/our buck, so to speak, by auditing/investigating multi-million dollar tax frauds. Not from getting $1000 back from some schmoe.
It's very simple: close the tax loophole, and punish employers who hire illegals. Make the federal e-Verify system mandatory. Removing their jobs will cause a wholesale exodus back to Mexico. Deport the ones who are left, just like Eisenhower deported 2M of them is 1953.
      03-16-2016, 05:46 PM   #1191
bbbbmw
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumBMWGuy
Quote:
Originally Posted by other_evolved View Post
Or the ones that died en route.

Or the fact that most of these migrants were brought in during WWII to provide labor while everyone was at war.

Or the fact that it was completely unsuccessful in the mid-to-long run.
But you don't understand other_evolved, the people they deported were BROWN. Don't you get it, we can't have brown people in the US. Folks like bbbbbmw can't handle anyone that has brown skin in THEIR country. They steal $2.45 trillion in welfare money, they took all of the jobzzzzz in his town, they made his life a living HELL don't you understand ... HELL ...

It doesn't matter if innocent people died, or US citizens were deported. We kept the brown people out of our country. Phwew thankfully "Operation Wetback" was a resounding success.
If you don't have a defensible position, play the race card.
      03-16-2016, 07:41 PM   #1192
dsad1
Colonel
Rep
Drives: car

So in a general election, how does trump win?

He should win the same states that Romney won, with the addition of Florida, and possibly Ohio if he can get Kasich to support him. But that still isn't enough, what other states can he win that Romney didn't?
Appreciate 1
      03-16-2016, 07:56 PM   #1193
BEMR
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 15 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbbbmw
Quote:
Quote:

Or the fact that most of these migrants were brought in during WWII to provide labor while everyone was at war.

But you don't understand other_evolved, the people they deported were BROWN. Don't you get it, we can't have brown people in the US. Folks like bbbbbmw can't handle anyone that has brown skin in THEIR country. They steal $2.45 trillion in welfare money, they took all of the jobzzzzz in his town, they made his life a living HELL don't you understand ... HELL ...

It doesn't matter if innocent people died, or US citizens were deported. We kept the brown people out of our country. Phwew thankfully "Operation Wetback" was a resounding success.
I don't like the word WETBACK actually it's similar to calling a black man a N...

Those words are very offensive these days and amazing that our own government would allow the use back then in an open government operation.

With integrity nothing else matters, without integrity nothing else matters.
Appreciate 1
      03-16-2016, 08:03 PM   #1194
bbbbmw
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Hopefully we won't have illegals here in the first place, and hopefully the practice of letting people claim a tax refund without a social security number will end.
Gosh....how Trump is going to magically round up/deport 9-11mm individuals would be quite a feat. What are his plans on how to get that done?

The IRS likely doesn't go after many of the EIC violators because it's not worth the man hours. The IRS gets the most bang for their/our buck, so to speak, by auditing/investigating multi-million dollar tax frauds. Not from getting $1000 back from some schmoe.
Actually, 2/3 of IRS audits are done to people making less than $50k/yr. amazing they hassle the little guys
      03-16-2016, 08:04 PM   #1195
bbbbmw
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEMR
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbbbmw
Quote:
Quote:

I don't like the word WETBACK actually it's similar to calling a black man a N...

Those words are very offensive these days and amazing that our own government would allow the use back then in an open government operation.
Different times, different society. Some would be offended today by the NAACP. Don't judge them - after all, whats in a name?
      03-16-2016, 08:25 PM   #1196
other_evolved
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2015 Chevrolet SS

Quote:
Actually, 2/3 of IRS audits are done to people making less than $50k/yr. amazing they hassle the little guys
Yeah, that's not true according to the IRS.
http://time.com/money/3820009/irs-tax-audit-chances/
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2016, 09:08 PM   #1197
doane2u
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 135i M Sport E88

Don't bother him with facts, he will just say it's a liberal, fake source.. after all, he's a Trump groupie and learning from his master.
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2016, 09:31 PM   #1198
eluded
2JZ-GTE
Bulgaria
Rep
Drives: 340 6MT

agreed, most people that make <$50K USD don't pay taxes.

Quote:
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2016, 11:17 PM   #1199
bbbbmw
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
I was looking at the same source. Unless I'm reading the chart wrong, if you add together the percentage of audits in the under $50k brackets, it totals 64.23% of all audits (1.83%, 39.08 %, 23.32%). Did I miss something?
      03-16-2016, 11:18 PM   #1200
bbbbmw
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by doane2u
Don't bother him with facts, he will just say it's a liberal, fake source.. after all, he's a Trump groupie and learning from his master.
Aren't you the guy who thought Obama took office in 2012?
      03-16-2016, 11:53 PM   #1201
doane2u
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Aren't you the guy who thought Obama took office in 2012?
No, I already explained, several posts ago, that was a mistake, but I know you don't actually read things, you just skim and pick, up what is negative in your mind then spread it around as fact, like right now.
Appreciate 1
      03-16-2016, 11:57 PM   #1202
direwolfM3
Private
Rep
Drives: 2015 F80 M3

Quote:
I was looking at the same source. Unless I'm reading the chart wrong, if you add together the percentage of audits in the under $50k brackets, it totals 64.23% of all audits (1.83%, 39.08 %, 23.32%). Did I miss something?
Yup, reading it wrong.
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2016, 12:25 AM   #1203
doane2u
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Uhh.. yeah, you missed a lot .. now I see what you are having problems with grasping situations, you can't actually read things with out preconceived ideas.

In this case you are adding up the percentages of total returns, not the total of audited returns, that you were initially complaining about when you said,

"Actually, 2/3 of IRS audits are done to people making less than $50k/yr. amazing they hassle the little guys." post #1200 above

$1 – $50k 62% of returns 1.47% audited

50k -1 million 35.5% of returns 7.57% audited

1 million to +10 Mill .27% of returns and 32.96 audited.

You may also notice the huge income disparity here, and this doesn't actually show the non disclosed, hidden accounts set up by corporations, and the extreme rich class who get off with paying little or no taxes at all... at the rest of our expense, in higher taxes. Meanwhile, many politicians blame government completely for the lack of funding while ignoring the fact that the progressive tax system is almost non progressive now.

And Trump is going to fix that... OMG it's scary that people can be so naive.. it's like putting in a fox to guard the chicken coop.
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2016, 12:58 AM   #1204
bbbbmw
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Uhh.. yeah, you missed a lot .. now I see what you are having problems with grasping situations, you can't actually read things with out preconceived ideas.

In this case you are adding up the percentages of total returns, not the total of audited returns, that you were initially complaining about when you said,

"Actually, 2/3 of IRS audits are done to people making less than $50k/yr. amazing they hassle the little guys." post #1200 above

$1 – $50k 62% of returns 1.47% audited

50k -1 million 35.5% of returns 7.57% audited

1 million to +10 Mill .27% of returns and 32.96 audited.

You may also notice the huge income disparity here, and this doesn't actually show the non disclosed, hidden accounts set up by corporations, and the extreme rich class who get off with paying little or no taxes at all... at the rest of our expense, in higher taxes. Meanwhile, many politicians blame government completely for the lack of funding while ignoring the fact that the progressive tax system is almost non progressive now.

And Trump is going to fix that... OMG it's scary that people can be so naive.. it's like putting in a fox to guard the chicken coop.
I did read the chart wrong - thanks for catching that, and thanks for the correction. Here I was thinking that the IRS was trampling on the lower income folks, when in reality it seems that the higher incomes are audited far more frequently? I guess since the top 10% of earners pay 68+% of all federal income taxes it makes sense that the IRS would focus their efforts there.
      03-17-2016, 02:56 AM   #1205
gonzo
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: as many as possible

Quote:
Originally Posted by doane2u View Post
I "think" he is actually a she. Not that it matters but "him & he's" triggered my memory or what's left of it.
      03-17-2016, 08:59 AM   #1206
doane2u
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonzo View Post
I "think" he is actually a she. Not that it matters but "him & he's" triggered my memory or what's left of it.
That's OK, I'm not Trump
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2016, 09:07 AM   #1207
doane2u
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I did read the chart wrong - thanks for catching that, and thanks for the correction. Here I was thinking that the IRS was trampling on the lower income folks, when in reality it seems that the higher incomes are audited far more frequently? I guess since the top 10% of earners pay 68+% of all federal income taxes it makes sense that the IRS would focus their efforts there.
No, I'm afraid you still don't get it, that last part is wrong... they aren't paying their fair share of taxes, that's the problem. There is very little left of the progressive income tax system we used to have; it's full of loop holes now that only the most wealthy or corporations can take advantage of. Most of them in the ultra high income brackets are paying very little or nothing. The tax burden has been dumped on the lower and upper middle class wage earners.
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2016, 09:14 AM   #1208
bbbbmw
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
No, I'm afraid you still don't get it, that last part is wrong... they aren't paying their fair share of taxes, that's the problem. There is very little left of the progressive income tax system we used to have; it's full of loop holes now that only the most wealthy or corporations can take advantage of. Most of them in the ultra high income brackets are paying very little or nothing. The tax burden has been dumped on the lower and upper middle class wage earners.
1. What would be "their fair share?" Who gets to decide what's "fair?" Is it fair that they pay the vast majority of the tax bill, while the bottom 50% pays nothing, or receives money?

2. What are these loopholes?
      03-17-2016, 09:21 AM   #1209
other_evolved
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by doane2u View Post
Citation needed please.

The lion share of federal income tax receipts come from a very small portion of the population, and I don't think you are accurately portraying which part of the population pays the most.

I'm of the opinion that taxes need to be reworked for a huge portion of the population. Most deciles have lower effective rates now compared to what they did in the past. Couple that with drastically higher spending, and we get a picture of the cause of our national debt.
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2016, 09:32 AM   #1210
other_evolved
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
It's very simple: close the tax loophole, and punish employers who hire illegals. Make the federal e-Verify system mandatory. Removing their jobs will cause a wholesale exodus back to Mexico. Deport the ones who are left, just like Eisenhower deported 2M of them is 1953.
I'm not opposed to enforcing the laws that are already on the books. I would add a guest worker program and modify the welfare/state benefit rules for those guest workers.

Rounding up people, ala Operation Wetback, is not something anyone should be on board with, in my opinion.
Appreciate 0