BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board Politics/Religion President Trump. [ Hits and Misses Scorecard Thread ]

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      06-11-2018, 11:11 AM   #2487
bbbbmw
Major General
2387
Rep
6,083
Posts

Drives: 135i
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Southwest

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Real Dodger View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zlaatan View Post
That I understand why people chose Trump has got nothing to do with Trump's current actions. I don't care if Trump was up against a reincarnated Hitler in the election, it still wouldn't absolve him from doing and saying the things he does. Saying that Hillary would have been worse is just another twist of whataboutism, and it does in no way make Trump's actions more acceptable.
) doesn't mean that you can be a 9/10 and expect to be praised for it.

Hillary is not a factor in my rants about Trump's incompetence, and I don't see how she should or could be.


As for your question, I didn't really prefer one of the other as they were both...let's go with sub-optimal, choices. I was more just holding my breath and waiting to see what kind of crap would come out on top.
Trump was obviously the sub optimal choice in the GOP primaries. I understand why people may have voted for him in the Presidential election, but for the life of me, there seems to be no rational reason to have voted for him in the primaries.
I understand what you are saying, but most people thought he was the best choice in the primaries (because he got elected). As he correctly stated early on, he was the only one talking about immigration problems, and if he hadn't brought it up, not a single one of the other candidates would have even mentioned it.

Immigration is the single most unifying issue across Republicans and Democrats - has been for quite some time. Without Trump raising that issue, the republicans would have most certainly lost the election - it was the biggest reason for cross-over votes, and established Trump as more of an independent candidate, vs. the same old tired Republican.

Remember Ann Coulter predicting a Trump win precisely because of this issue, when she was on the Bill Maher show - everyone laughed at her.

__________________
<OO (llll)(llll) OO>
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2018, 11:23 AM   #2488
Captain Blood
Pirate and thief, avast
Captain Blood's Avatar
United_States
10429
Rep
13,149
Posts

Drives: 135i DCT
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Tortuga

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2012 135  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbbbmw View Post
I understand what you are saying, but most people thought he was the best choice in the primaries (because he got elected). As he correctly stated early on, he was the only one talking about immigration problems, and if he hadn't brought it up, not a single one of the other candidates would have even mentioned it.

Immigration is the single most unifying issue across Republicans and Democrats -

Remember Ann Coulter predicting a Trump win precisely because of this issue, when she was on the Bill Maher show - everyone laughed at her.
]
I would call those the "uninformed" voters.
What has Trump done, really done, about illegal immigration?
I think the immigration issue is great for distracting people from real issues.
Its an issue, but really not as important as trade or national defense. Or funding our govt. (The deficit issue). Trump continues to show ignorance on these issues.
__________________
My best amp goes up to 11........
Appreciate 1
      06-11-2018, 11:56 AM   #2489
scostu
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
1228
Rep
1,871
Posts

Drives: 2016 F25
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Space Coast Florida......aka NASA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassicaia View Post
A common standard of decency, trust, humility, consideration and leadership.
And this has negatively affected people in this forum?
__________________
Wife's ride....2016 Dodge WD R/T

Retired:2014 F31, 2013 Audi Q5 3.0T P+,
2013 WK2..Hemi, 2011 E90, 2008 E70, 2004 E46
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2018, 12:05 PM   #2490
scostu
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
1228
Rep
1,871
Posts

Drives: 2016 F25
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Space Coast Florida......aka NASA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Real Dodger View Post
I would call those the "uninformed" voters.
What has Trump done, really done, about illegal immigration?
I think the immigration issue is great for distracting people from real issues.
Its an issue, but really not as important as trade or national defense. Or funding our govt. (The deficit issue). Trump continues to show ignorance on these issues.
My 2 cents....for me ... immigration is a component of national security/defense.

I though Trunmp beefed up ICE and DHS by putting personnel in positions to become more pro-active. And hiring more personnel with increased funding?

Also, Congress is responsible for nothing being done about Inmigation. For me,our current Congress is next to worthless.
__________________
Wife's ride....2016 Dodge WD R/T

Retired:2014 F31, 2013 Audi Q5 3.0T P+,
2013 WK2..Hemi, 2011 E90, 2008 E70, 2004 E46
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2018, 12:24 PM   #2491
Joekerr
Is Joe King
Joekerr's Avatar
5882
Rep
1,785
Posts

Drives: 2017 Audi S6
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Toronto, ON

iTrader: (0)

In other news:

https://www.newyorker.com/humor/boro...tes-and-canada

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lups View Post
he's Canadian. By international law we all must worship him and all other products of the country.
Appreciate 1
      06-11-2018, 12:54 PM   #2492
bbbbmw
Major General
2387
Rep
6,083
Posts

Drives: 135i
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Southwest

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Real Dodger View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbbbmw View Post
I understand what you are saying, but most people thought he was the best choice in the primaries (because he got elected). As he correctly stated early on, he was the only one talking about immigration problems, and if he hadn't brought it up, not a single one of the other candidates would have even mentioned it.

Immigration is the single most unifying issue across Republicans and Democrats -

Remember Ann Coulter predicting a Trump win precisely because of this issue, when she was on the Bill Maher show - everyone laughed at her.
]
I would call those the "uninformed" voters.
What has Trump done, really done, about illegal immigration?
I think the immigration issue is great for distracting people from real issues.
Its an issue, but really not as important as trade or national defense. Or funding our govt. (The deficit issue). Trump continues to show ignorance on these issues.
But... they are still voters - and that's all that matters. And I don't think they are uninformed at all - I posted somewhere else here about the sheer volume of immigration. In the Ellis Island days it was something like 230k/yr - since Ted Kennedy's Immigration Act of 1965, it's been many times that, and in the 1990's (when the article was written), it was over 1.3M per year. And that's just legal immigration - illegal has been unchecked for waaaaay too long.

Even uninformed voters see this, are affected by it, and are paying for it. We've gone from under 200M population in 1970 to 330M+ currently, and our infrastructure, environment, etc. can't handle it.

From his inauguration, Trump has reduced legal immigration to a fraction of what it was, in all categories. He's beefed up border security, and is pushing Congress to fund tougher restrictions and a border wall. Again, Americans are strongly behind him on this issue, regardless of party leaning.
__________________
<OO (llll)(llll) OO>
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2018, 01:03 PM   #2493
Captain Blood
Pirate and thief, avast
Captain Blood's Avatar
United_States
10429
Rep
13,149
Posts

Drives: 135i DCT
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Tortuga

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2012 135  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbbbmw View Post
But... they are still voters - and that's all that matters. And I don't think they are uninformed at all - I posted somewhere else here about the sheer volume of immigration..
My "uninformed" post wasn't about being uninformed about immigration. It was being uninformed in general. Nothing, and I mean nothing, in the primaries recommended Trump over any other candidate. He was trounced on policy in every debate. He seemed ignorant on most issues, and resorted to name calling. He did insult other candidates better than anyone else.
__________________
My best amp goes up to 11........
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2018, 01:11 PM   #2494
bbbbmw
Major General
2387
Rep
6,083
Posts

Drives: 135i
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Southwest

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Real Dodger View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbbbmw View Post
But... they are still voters - and that's all that matters. And I don't think they are uninformed at all - I posted somewhere else here about the sheer volume of immigration..
My "uninformed" post wasn't about being uninformed about immigration. It was being uninformed in general. Nothing, and I mean nothing, in the primaries recommended Trump over any other candidate. He was trounced on policy in every debate. He seemed ignorant on most issues, and resorted to name calling. He did insult other candidates better than anyone else.
I don't see it that way. Trump was brilliant at harnessing the rage of the American voter - republican and Democrat. The Tea Party got started for a reason, and all the candidates ignored those reasons except Trump. The moderate democrats felt that their party had been hijacked by Bernie and the left-wing, and that Hillary was corrupt - Trump represented much of their rage as well, and dis-affiliation with the Republicans. I also think he still does, which is why he's polling where both Obama and Reagan were at this point in their presidency.

The media, Hollywood, etc. are so batshit to get rid of him, that they get more clown-like each day (like Robert Deniro a few days ago). And Trump laughs all the way to the voter bank...

And - remember "it's the economy, stupid?" That is so very true still - and the economy is roaring under Trump
__________________
<OO (llll)(llll) OO>
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2018, 01:18 PM   #2495
Captain Blood
Pirate and thief, avast
Captain Blood's Avatar
United_States
10429
Rep
13,149
Posts

Drives: 135i DCT
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Tortuga

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2012 135  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbbbmw View Post

The media, Hollywood, etc. are so batshit to get rid of him, that they get more clown-like each day (like Robert Deniro a few days ago). And Trump laughs all the way to the voter bank...
He's still in violation of the emoluments clause. Won't give up his business or money for his country. No tax returns (which would clear him on most of the Russia issue, if you ask me). That tells me enough right there.
__________________
My best amp goes up to 11........
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2018, 01:29 PM   #2496
bbbbmw
Major General
2387
Rep
6,083
Posts

Drives: 135i
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Southwest

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Real Dodger View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbbbmw View Post

The media, Hollywood, etc. are so batshit to get rid of him, that they get more clown-like each day (like Robert Deniro a few days ago). And Trump laughs all the way to the voter bank...
He's still in violation of the emoluments clause. Won't give up his business or money for his country. No tax returns (which would clear him on most of the Russia issue, if you ask me). That tells me enough right there.
It's not bothering anyone else
__________________
<OO (llll)(llll) OO>
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2018, 01:31 PM   #2497
Captain Blood
Pirate and thief, avast
Captain Blood's Avatar
United_States
10429
Rep
13,149
Posts

Drives: 135i DCT
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Tortuga

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2012 135  [5.00]
Another miss.
The press is not any enemy of the people.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/in-...pJc?ocid=ientp
__________________
My best amp goes up to 11........
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2018, 01:34 PM   #2498
Captain Blood
Pirate and thief, avast
Captain Blood's Avatar
United_States
10429
Rep
13,149
Posts

Drives: 135i DCT
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Tortuga

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2012 135  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbbbmw View Post
It's not bothering anyone else
It should.



“Emoluments” is just an elegant word for corruption, at least in our Constitution. The framers were particularly worried about foreign powers bribing or trying to influence the infant republic. Their solution was to allow gifts, money and the like to be accepted by members of the executive branch only if Congress approved. Put differently, one of the constitutional duties elected lawmakers take on is the responsibility to prevent the corruption, or appearance of corruption, by foreign powers of the executive branch.

Every president until this one has voluntarily complied, jettisoning foreign businesses and assets and/or asking permission to receive foreign gifts. Not President Trump. He and his relatives who work in the executive branch retained businesses that operate overseas; they frequently receive all sorts of monetary benefits from foreign governments. Ivanka Trump just got a batch of trademarks from China. Trump hotels are filled with foreign dignitaries, paying handsomely so the president can see that they are filling his coffers."
__________________
My best amp goes up to 11........
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2018, 01:39 PM   #2499
TheWatchGuy
Lieutenant Colonel
TheWatchGuy's Avatar
2463
Rep
1,876
Posts

Drives: 335xi
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: CO

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Real Dodger View Post
Another miss.
The press is not any enemy of the people.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/in-...pJc?ocid=ientp
eh...

going after those that are illegally leaking info isnt necessarily a bad thing.

the media might not be an enemy of the people, but they certainly arent trying to help the people either. all they care about is clicks and revenue.
Appreciate 1
scostu1227.50

      06-11-2018, 01:48 PM   #2500
bbbbmw
Major General
2387
Rep
6,083
Posts

Drives: 135i
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Southwest

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Real Dodger View Post
Another miss.
The press is not any enemy of the people.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/in-...pJc?ocid=ientp
Again, I disagree. The press has often become the enemy of the people in a de-facto sense: things like CNN covering the gulf war, and giving away American positions, their completely biased reporting, attempts at social engineering and "creating" news to inflame race wars, etc.

This article reads like another whinefest against Trump - it simply further motivates his base.
__________________
<OO (llll)(llll) OO>
Appreciate 3
arkie6359.00
MKSixer23427.00
scostu1227.50

      06-11-2018, 01:52 PM   #2501
bbbbmw
Major General
2387
Rep
6,083
Posts

Drives: 135i
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Southwest

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Real Dodger View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbbbmw View Post
It's not bothering anyone else
It should.



“Emoluments” is just an elegant word for corruption, at least in our Constitution. The framers were particularly worried about foreign powers bribing or trying to influence the infant republic. Their solution was to allow gifts, money and the like to be accepted by members of the executive branch only if Congress approved. Put differently, one of the constitutional duties elected lawmakers take on is the responsibility to prevent the corruption, or appearance of corruption, by foreign powers of the executive branch.

Every president until this one has voluntarily complied, jettisoning foreign businesses and assets and/or asking permission to receive foreign gifts. Not President Trump. He and his relatives who work in the executive branch retained businesses that operate overseas; they frequently receive all sorts of monetary benefits from foreign governments. Ivanka Trump just got a batch of trademarks from China. Trump hotels are filled with foreign dignitaries, paying handsomely so the president can see that they are filling his coffers."
It didn't seem to stop the Clintons? And if everyone is benefiting from our economy, it's not like he's doing it at the expense of taxpayers or the American people. "Foreign dignitaries staying at Trump hotels..." - people DGAF, except the #resist crowd, who aren't supporting him anyway.
__________________
<OO (llll)(llll) OO>
Appreciate 2
arkie6359.00
scostu1227.50

      06-11-2018, 01:55 PM   #2502
Captain Blood
Pirate and thief, avast
Captain Blood's Avatar
United_States
10429
Rep
13,149
Posts

Drives: 135i DCT
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Tortuga

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2012 135  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbbbmw View Post
Again, I disagree. The press has often become the enemy of the people in a de-facto sense: things like CNN covering the gulf war, and giving away American positions, their completely biased reporting, attempts at social engineering and "creating" news to inflame race wars, etc.

This article reads like another whinefest against Trump - it simply further motivates his base.
Whinefest = truth?

I really don't care about this particular case, but Trump bashing the press in general is shameful

Without leakers Nixon would have gotten away with the Watergate cover-up. That greatly affected the american people.

Also see the pentagon papers.

And many other examples.

And it shouldn't be a partisan issue. Obama was really going after leakers. That didn't make it right.
__________________
My best amp goes up to 11........
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2018, 01:57 PM   #2503
TheWatchGuy
Lieutenant Colonel
TheWatchGuy's Avatar
2463
Rep
1,876
Posts

Drives: 335xi
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: CO

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Real Dodger View Post
Whinefest = truth?

I really don't care about this particular case, but Trump bashing the press in general is shameful

Without leakers Nixon would have gotten away with the Watergate cover-up. That greatly affected the american people.

Also see the pentagon papers.

And many other examples.

And it shouldn't be a partisan issue. Obama was really going after leakers. That didn't make it right.
Obama's fault.

(Beat you to it bbbbmw)
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2018, 01:57 PM   #2504
bbbbmw
Major General
2387
Rep
6,083
Posts

Drives: 135i
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Southwest

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Real Dodger View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbbbmw View Post
Again, I disagree. The press has often become the enemy of the people in a de-facto sense: things like CNN covering the gulf war, and giving away American positions, their completely biased reporting, attempts at social engineering and "creating" news to inflame race wars, etc.

This article reads like another whinefest against Trump - it simply further motivates his base.
Whinefest = truth?

I really don't care about this particular case, but Trump bashing the press in general is shameful

Without leakers Nixon would have gotten away with the Watergate cover-up. That greatly affected the american people.

Also see the pentagon papers.

And many other examples.

And it shouldn't be a partisan issue. Obama was really going after leakers. That didn't make it right.
The press today is a far cry from what it was in the days of Watergate. Obama's placement of an FBI spy in the trump campaign is different from watergate - how?
__________________
<OO (llll)(llll) OO>
Appreciate 1
scostu1227.50

      06-11-2018, 01:58 PM   #2505
Captain Blood
Pirate and thief, avast
Captain Blood's Avatar
United_States
10429
Rep
13,149
Posts

Drives: 135i DCT
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Tortuga

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2012 135  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbbbmw View Post
It didn't seem to stop the Clintons? .
The Clintons? Really? Proof? Bill did not violate the emoluments, and HRC was never president. They, especially Bill, were slimy, but nothing compare to DJT.
__________________
My best amp goes up to 11........
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2018, 02:05 PM   #2506
Captain Blood
Pirate and thief, avast
Captain Blood's Avatar
United_States
10429
Rep
13,149
Posts

Drives: 135i DCT
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Tortuga

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2012 135  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbbbmw View Post
The press today is a far cry from what it was in the days of Watergate. Obama's placement of an FBI spy in the trump campaign is different from watergate - how?
Please don't lose credibility now.


Shepard Smith: "Fox News can confirm, we have no evidence of any ...
https://www.mediamatters.org/video/2...pies.../220393
4 days ago - SHEPARD SMITH (HOST): The special counsel, Robert Mueller, is a ... the right's theory that the FBI planted a spy in the Trump campaign ...

On Fox News, of all places, Trump's 'spy' claim is debunked by Trey ...
https://www.washingtonpost.com/.../o...drew-napolitan...
May 30, 2018 - Also on Fox News on Tuesday, anchor Shepard Smith ripped apart the president's “conspiracy theories” that Mueller and his team are ...
__________________
My best amp goes up to 11........
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2018, 02:13 PM   #2507
bbbbmw
Major General
2387
Rep
6,083
Posts

Drives: 135i
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Southwest

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Real Dodger View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbbbmw View Post
The press today is a far cry from what it was in the days of Watergate. Obama's placement of an FBI spy in the trump campaign is different from watergate - how?
Please don't lose credibility now.


Shepard Smith: "Fox News can confirm, we have no evidence of any ...
https://www.mediamatters.org/video/2...pies.../220393
4 days ago - SHEPARD SMITH (HOST): The special counsel, Robert Mueller, is a ... the right's theory that the FBI planted a spy in the Trump campaign ...

On Fox News, of all places, Trump's 'spy' claim is debunked by Trey ...
https://www.washingtonpost.com/.../o...drew-napolitan...
May 30, 2018 - Also on Fox News on Tuesday, anchor Shepard Smith ripped apart the president's "conspiracy theories" that Mueller and his team are ...
For example: You know that MediaMatters was funded by MoveOn, George Soros, Center for American Progress, and Hillary?

What would you call a person planted by the FBI in a campaign, who was secretly collecting and reporting information about that campaign, to the "other camp?"

The FBI called it a "human source."

Maybe it was just "human sources" that burgled the Watergate Hotel?

https://www.nationalreview.com/2018/...tial-campaign/

Or a "plant?"

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018...ports-say.html

But that's different than a "spy!!"

(Btw - neither of your links work - WAPO has removed the article?)
__________________
<OO (llll)(llll) OO>
Appreciate 1
scostu1227.50

      06-11-2018, 02:22 PM   #2508
bbbbmw
Major General
2387
Rep
6,083
Posts

Drives: 135i
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Southwest

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Real Dodger View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbbbmw View Post
It didn't seem to stop the Clintons? .
The Clintons? Really? Proof? Bill did not violate the emoluments, and HRC was never president. They, especially Bill, were slimy, but nothing compare to DJT.
They enriched themselves via the Clinton foundation donations from other countries, speaking engagements, etc. slick Willy himself said last week that they were broke - he "earned" $80M from "speaking engagements" - many to foreign interest, while HRC was SoS
__________________
<OO (llll)(llll) OO>
Appreciate 3
arkie6359.00
MKSixer23427.00
scostu1227.50

Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:35 AM.




bmw
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST