BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board Politics/Religion Virginia Gov. Ralph Northam

02-04-2019, 06:59 AM   #89
Grumpy Old Man
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: Porsche 993, 2015 MB GLK

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M4ster Yoda View Post
Liberal and reality. Boy that's Rich
I'm glad someone else said this.
Appreciate 3
Delta03117395.00
MKSixer22905.50

02-04-2019, 07:07 AM   #90
ard5040
Captain
Rep
Drives: '09 e90 M3

Quote:
“M4ster Yoda“, sounds like a 16 year old whose dad bought him an M4 for his birthday. By the way, not every democrat is a liberal but then you won’t understand that until you’re a little older.
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2019, 07:12 AM   #91
///M4ster Yoda
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: '16 F82 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ard5040 View Post
Quote:
“M4ster Yoda“, sounds like a 16 year old whose dad bought him an M4 for his birthday. By the way, not every democrat is a liberal but then you won’t understand that until you’re a little older.
Ard Rhymes with Tard which is extremely fitting in this instance. Especially since reading comprehension isn't your strong suit.

Who mentioned Democrats????

Hey Tard. Your the one that told the other poster to watch a "liberal" cable channel for a dose of reality.

Typical LIBERAL. Not a fucking clue in the world
Current Stable: '19 X3 (Wifey) '20 ZCP M4 (Mine)
Appreciate 2
Delta03117395.00
N54Yankee2617.00

02-04-2019, 07:31 AM   #92
MKSixer
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW i8, E63 M6, 328d

Garage List
2016 M4 GTS (Allotted)  [0.00]
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [5.00]
2015 BMW i8  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jockey View Post
The right keeps re-electing racists and almost elected a pedophile so their ability to attempt to tell the left what to do is fairly weak.

We booted Franken out pretty fast after those pictures surfaced. Both sides definitely do not play the game the same way.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jockey View Post
Do you live in a Virginia by any chance?

You realize you started this whatabout nonsense by bringing Hillary into this thread?
1. Don't be lazy. My ID on BP says that I live in the SE US...why are you asking if I live in Virginia?

2. You actually started the whataboutisms in the first quote I placed in this response. I'm just calling you on it.

Lewi6, First of His Name, Destroyer of Careers, Master of Pole Positions, 6X WDC, Master of All Tracks, Scorer of Maximum Points, Whisperer of Tires, Minimizer of Fuel Utilization, Maximizer of Consistency in Finishing. Look Upon Him With DRED.
Appreciate 2
Delta03117395.00
Run Silent13725.00

02-04-2019, 08:02 AM   #93
Run Silent
Run Deep
United_States
Rep
Drives: Back and Forth To Work

Garage List
Quote:
...but tell me what democrat is not calling for Northampton to resign...
I can think of one - Northam himself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKSixer View Post
1. Don't be lazy. My ID on BP says that I live in the SE US...why are you asking if I live in Virginia?

2. You actually started the whataboutisms in the first quote I placed in this response. I'm just calling you on it.

^ This. If this scumbag cannot bring all democrats and republicans together in unity against him, I don't think anything can. When every person should be saying 'this guy needs to go', we have Jockey sitting here saying "but what about the racist Republicans?" He needs to get over himself, take a time out, and realize that he should just swallow some pride for a second and agree this guy is trash. Instead, however, he spends 4 pages of this thread saying 'what about this guy' and 'what about that guy'.

Sad.

02-04-2019, 08:12 AM   #94
Grumpy Old Man
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: Porsche 993, 2015 MB GLK

Quote:
Originally Posted by usshelena725 View Post
I can think of one - Northam himself.

^ This. If this scumbag cannot bring all democrats and republicans together in unity against him, I don't think anything can. When every person should be saying 'this guy needs to go', we have Jockey sitting here saying "but what about the racist Republicans?" He needs to get over himself, take a time out, and realize that he should just swallow some pride for a second and agree this guy is trash. Instead, however, he spends 4 pages of this thread saying 'what about this guy' and 'what about that guy'.

Sad.

This is a great illustration of how polarized politics has become. Both sides are guilty of it but it seems the left hang on and support the folks who are wrongheaded on their side more rabidly than the right.

The debates on this forum that go on and on even despite being refuted with facts and logic are sometimes alarming.
Appreciate 3
Run Silent13725.00
MKSixer22905.50

02-04-2019, 08:17 AM   #95
hooligan_COLD
Space Shuttle Door Gunner
Rep
Drives: '15 X1 35i M Sport

Well, VA could be viewed as "Southeastern US" by some folks. Mid-Atlantic sounds more like an NCAA conference than a geographical descriptor.

Actually, according to this website: https://www.theclassroom.com/seven-r...s-7694052.html

Everything south of New Jersey is not part of the Mid-A.
Appreciate 1
MKSixer22905.50

02-04-2019, 08:20 AM   #96
dsad1
Colonel
Rep
Drives: car

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickyC View Post
Haha I know, it's absolutely ridiculous!

Forget him for a moment, but wtf is going on with the medical school that allowed that photo in their yearbook in the first place? I mean I'd be hard pressed to think of a more inflammatory picture, this whole thing is just nuts!
You bring up a good point, shouldn't we be shaming the medical school as well? Why would anyone put this picture in a book? Has the school apologized for this?
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2019, 08:50 AM   #97
Run Silent
Run Deep
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Well - it just keeps getting more and more interesting. Now the Lt. Gov may be in hot water too.

A woman named Vanessa Tyson, who is a fellow at Stanford University, says that a Virginia Lt. Gov Justin Fairfax allegedly sexually assaulted her at the 2004 Democratic National Convention. A friend of Tyson’s named Adria Scharf, based in Richmond, Virginia, shared the “heartbreaking” message, which Tyson wrote as a private post.

https://bigleaguepolitics.com/stanfo...x-sex-assault/

https://www.wdbj7.com/content/news/L...505297401.html

Personally - I am holding any judgement on this one until something gets substantiated, especially due to the original source and that no other news outlet has published the accusations. This allegation seems a bit suspect to me, but we shall see. Certainly muddies the waters further up in VA, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsad1 View Post
You bring up a good point, shouldn't we be shaming the medical school as well? Why would anyone put this picture in a book? Has the school apologized for this?
^This. What the ever loving hell was the University thinking to even remotely consider publishing that photo in the year book. This was the mid 80's, for gosh sakes, not the 1800's!!

The university should be condemned for this as well, no doubt in my mind.

02-04-2019, 09:44 AM   #98
hooligan_COLD
Rep

Quote:
Well - it just keeps getting more and more interesting. Now the Lt. Gov may be in hot water too.

A woman named Vanessa Tyson, who is a fellow at Stanford University, says that a Virginia Lt. Gov Justin Fairfax allegedly sexually assaulted her at the 2004 Democratic National Convention. A friend of Tyson’s named Adria Scharf, based in Richmond, Virginia, shared the “heartbreaking” message, which Tyson wrote as a private post.

Personally - I am holding any judgement on this one until something gets substantiated, especially due to the original source and that no other news outlet has published the accusations. This allegation seems a bit suspect to me, but we shall see. Certainly muddies the waters further up in VA, though.

^This. What the ever loving hell was the University thinking to even remotely consider publishing that photo in the year book. This was the mid 80's, for gosh sakes, not the 1800's!!

From one of your links:

...Fairfax's office released a statement on Twitter saying in part, "Tonight, an online publication released a false and unsubstantiated allegation against Lt. Governor Justin Fairfax."

The statement addressed allegations that were sent to the Washington Post more than a year ago during the time of Fairfax's inauguration. The Post proceeded to investigate the claims presented and ultimately declined to publish the story due to inconsistent statements

That certainly lends some credibility to the Lt Gov's position. Hardly conclusive, but...
Appreciate 3
MKSixer22905.50
Run Silent13725.00
dsad11116.50

02-04-2019, 09:45 AM   #99
DETRoadster
Space Force - 4 Star General
Rep
Drives: M2 MG 6MT / Moto Guzzi V7

Quote:

What an all-around, epic, sh*tshow.
Appreciate 3
MKSixer22905.50
Run Silent13725.00
dsad11116.50

02-04-2019, 09:49 AM   #100
Run Silent
Run Deep
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan_clt View Post
From one of your links:

...Fairfax's office released a statement on Twitter saying in part, "Tonight, an online publication released a false and unsubstantiated allegation against Lt. Governor Justin Fairfax."

The statement addressed allegations that were sent to the Washington Post more than a year ago during the time of Fairfax's inauguration. The Post proceeded to investigate the claims presented and ultimately declined to publish the story due to inconsistent statements

That certainly lends some credibility to the Lt Gov's position. Hardly conclusive, but...
Exactly, and I agree wholeheartedly. I am unsure if this is a worthy claim to be concerned over, but as DETRoadster says, it really is becoming an epic shit show and it certainly isn't helping the situation.
dsad11116.50

02-04-2019, 09:53 AM   #101
MKSixer
Major General
Rep

Garage List
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [5.00]
2015 BMW i8  [5.00]
Quote:
From one of your links:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DETRoadster View Post
What an all-around, epic, sh*tshow.
Quote:
Exactly, and I agree wholeheartedly. I am unsure if this is a worthy claim to be concerned over, but as DETRoadster says, it really is becoming an epic shit show and it certainly isn't helping the situation.
Gentlemen, you win the Tag-Team Internet of the Day. Congratulations!

This is an epic Crap Show, pure and simple with the newest additions doing nothing but muddying the waters to bring it to a new crappy level.

Lewi6, First of His Name, Destroyer of Careers, Master of Pole Positions, 6X WDC, Master of All Tracks, Scorer of Maximum Points, Whisperer of Tires, Minimizer of Fuel Utilization, Maximizer of Consistency in Finishing. Look Upon Him With DRED.

Last edited by MKSixer; 02-04-2019 at 09:59 AM..
Appreciate 4
Run Silent13725.00
dsad11116.50

02-04-2019, 09:55 AM   #102
hooligan_COLD
Rep

Quote:
100% agree with you both on all of this.
Appreciate 4
MKSixer22905.50
Run Silent13725.00
dsad11116.50

02-04-2019, 10:02 AM   #103
MKSixer
Major General
Rep

Garage List
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [5.00]
2015 BMW i8  [5.00]
Quote:
Well, VA could be viewed as "Southeastern US" by some folks. Mid-Atlantic sounds more like an NCAA conference than a geographical descriptor.

Actually, according to this website: https://www.theclassroom.com/seven-r...s-7694052.html

Everything south of New Jersey is not part of the Mid-A.
It's hilarious. The naming conventions are a mixture of colonial times juxtaposed with the new. Pulling an actual map and renaming based on actual geography would yield a much different result.

Appreciate 1
      02-04-2019, 10:05 AM   #104
hooligan_COLD
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKSixer View Post
It's hilarious. The naming conventions are a mixture of colonial times juxtaposed with the new. Pulling an actual map and renaming based on actual geography would yield a much different result.
Indeed.

Plus, no self-respecting Southerner would call Florida part of "the South".
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2019, 10:18 AM   #105
DETRoadster
Rep

Quote:
Indeed.

Plus, no self-respecting Southerner would call Florida part of "the South".
...and most Floridians I know (from Orlando on south) would steadfastly deny being "southern", with the exception of "those folks" up there north of Orlando and into the panhandle who they do not consider to be part of their state.
Appreciate 1
      02-04-2019, 10:31 AM   #106
Run Silent
Run Deep
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
...and most Floridians I know (from Orlando on south) would steadfastly deny being "southern", with the exception of "those folks" up there north of Orlando and into the panhandle who they do not consider to be part of their state.
I'm from Florida originally and can attest to this fact. For a true Floridian (I was born and raised there), anything south of Martin County on the east coast is considered 'Southern New York" and anything north or west of Alachua County is considered 'Lower Alabama'.
      02-04-2019, 10:36 AM   #107
///M4ster Yoda
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
I'm from Florida originally and can attest to this fact. For a true Floridian (I was born and raised there), anything south of Martin County on the east coast is considered 'Southern New York" and anything north or west of Alachua County is considered 'Lower Alabama'.
You beat me to it
Appreciate 1
Run Silent13725.00

02-04-2019, 10:44 AM   #108
DETRoadster
Rep

Quote:
Oh that's right. Was it Gainesville or am I just making that up in my head?
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2019, 10:54 AM   #109
ard5040
Captain
Rep
Drives: '09 e90 M3

Quote:
Ard Rhymes with Tard which is extremely fitting in this instance. Especially since reading comprehension isn't your strong suit.

Hey Tard. Your the one that told the other poster to watch a "liberal" cable channel for a dose of reality.

“ard ryhmmes with tard “. You sound like a 9 year old on the play ground. Speaking of reading comprehension, I never suggested anyone watch anything. I did point out that Democrats interviewed on MSMBC and CNN were all calling for Northam’s resignation. Seems that you have your own issues with reading comprehension junior.
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2019, 11:09 AM   #110
///M4ster Yoda
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

“ard ryhmmes with tard “. You sound like a 9 year old on the play ground. Speaking of reading comprehension, I never suggested anyone watch anything. I did point out that Democrats interviewed on MSMBC and CNN were all calling for Northam’s resignation. Seems that you have your own issues with reading comprehension junior.
I'm not gonna go back and forth with you gramps. I was just messing around with my initial comment and you got personal.

Enjoy your fantasyland. I'm gonna go enjoy the ///M4 I purchased. As a matter of fact I'll be enjoying yet another European Delivery on my next ///M4 this May.
Appreciate 0