BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board Politics/Religion Are All BMW Drivers Leftist?

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      02-23-2019, 12:07 AM   #23
GuidoK
#buildnotbought
GuidoK's Avatar
1348
Rep
2,403
Posts

Drives: Z4 3.0i ESS TS2+
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Tinkering in the garage

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NormanConquest View Post
Ah, so you ignore the point and decide to be a writing nazi.
Yes I ignore your point that you think that buying a 340i is boosting the US economy
But apparently you don't agree with that as you keep arguing that.
I wonder how that fits in your original silly statement.

Face it, you're driving a german car that stimulated the german economy
I don't understand why that is so hard for you to admit.

This topic is silly to begin with.
__________________
Z4 3.0i | ESS TS2+ | Quaife ATB LSD | Brembo/BMW performance BBK front/rear | Schrick FI cams | Schmiedmann headers+cats | Powerflex/strongflex PU bushings | Vibra-technics engine mounts | H&R anti rollbars | KW V3 coilovers | Sachs performance clutch

Last edited by GuidoK; 02-23-2019 at 01:14 AM..
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2019, 01:27 AM   #24
Germanauto
Brigadier General
Germanauto's Avatar
United_States
4151
Rep
3,427
Posts

Drives: BMW, Lexus
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: NW, SoCal

iTrader: (0)

Just another example of random data being massaged to get clicks on another political/divisive article.

Plus quite a few of the models they have listed aren't even in production. Saab 9-3, 325i? Total bull.

I will say that Bimmerpost is more right-wing due it being mostly dudes with good income who are car enthusiasts. We aren't the wussies chasing a badge who are a lot of BMW's clientele.

Last edited by Germanauto; 02-23-2019 at 01:39 AM..
Appreciate 3
      02-23-2019, 08:00 AM   #25
iconoclast
Self-Deprecating Narcissist
iconoclast's Avatar
No_Country
4546
Rep
4,627
Posts

Drives: Audi BMW Ferrari LR MB
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: In, Out & Around...

iTrader: (0)

a while back there was a company doing political analysis and voter demographics. their main source of information was parking lots and driveways. the data showed that most gop voters drove american cars and pickups while most dems drove prius, ev/hybrid, compact economy cars and sedans.
Appreciate 1
Poiseuille4392.00

      02-23-2019, 12:22 PM   #26
Poiseuille
Brigadier General
Poiseuille's Avatar
United_States
4392
Rep
3,347
Posts

Drives: 2016 M4 DCT Tanzanite/Amaro
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Princeton

iTrader: (0)

so looks like "Your Mechanic" is an independent third party provider of at-your-location auto service, and the data provided in this article is compiled from their customer base. personally, I've never heard of this company, but even assuming their base is extensive it seems that that base by definition would not include many leased cars and certainly many cars still under factory warranty. regarding BMWs covered by free maintenance I'm just guessing that "Your Mechanic" sees pretty close to zero of that population.
just sayin...
Appreciate 2
iconoclast4546.00
MKSixer22905.50

      02-23-2019, 06:13 PM   #27
NormanConquest
Brigadier General
2881
Rep
4,307
Posts

Drives: 340i
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Earth

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuidoK View Post
Yes I ignore your point that you think that buying a 340i is boosting the US economy
But apparently you don't agree with that as you keep arguing that.
I wonder how that fits in your original silly statement.

Face it, you're driving a german car that stimulated the german economy
I don't understand why that is so hard for you to admit.

This topic is silly to begin with.
Yes it does, everytime I purchase fuel and provide a job for the fuel pump guy
Everytime I service it and provide work for the mechanic
Everytime I purchase tirer
Shall I go on?
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2019, 04:59 AM   #28
GuidoK
#buildnotbought
GuidoK's Avatar
1348
Rep
2,403
Posts

Drives: Z4 3.0i ESS TS2+
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Tinkering in the garage

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NormanConquest View Post
Yes it does, everytime I purchase fuel and provide a job for the fuel pump guy
Everytime I service it and provide work for the mechanic
Everytime I purchase tirer
Shall I go on?
What has this to do with the production of the car? What you're saying would count for any car, unless you drive to canada or mexico to fuel up and get a tyre....
I don't understand why you have such a hard time admitting you have a german car? Do you hate germans? Is it buyers remorse?
I mean, you knew on forehand that BMW is a german brand right?
Why do you have to make up excuses for that your BMW 340i is german?
Is this an american thing? do you feel guilty that the production of your car didn't stimulate the US economy but the german one?
Do you feel the need that everything you buy only has to stimulate the US economy?
Because then you can't buy anything anymore...We live in a world economy.
Every 'excuse' you make up for your 340i sounds really silly to me.
It sounds like you feel ashamed for your car not being US made or something like that.
__________________
Z4 3.0i | ESS TS2+ | Quaife ATB LSD | Brembo/BMW performance BBK front/rear | Schrick FI cams | Schmiedmann headers+cats | Powerflex/strongflex PU bushings | Vibra-technics engine mounts | H&R anti rollbars | KW V3 coilovers | Sachs performance clutch

Last edited by GuidoK; 02-24-2019 at 05:12 AM..
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2019, 05:45 AM   #29
BeachM5nster
Lieutenant
BeachM5nster's Avatar
United_States
250
Rep
522
Posts

Drives: '14 M5
Join Date: Feb 2019
Location: Southeast

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NormanConquest View Post
People who purchase a BMW for a badge instead of getting the good engine seem to be left leaning.
Ding ding, we got a winner! Also, the majority of bmw owners own a _28i...
but yes you are correct, the ppl that just want the badge and think they really got something with their 4cylinder "bEAmer" are absolute idiots and AOC bernie hate crime hoax insighting morons

and it's a BIMMER you f**ktard! not a bEAmer i dont care what your favorite rapper says.

i always get a good laugh on the bEAmer comments, i get an even bigger laugh when i try to educate them and they look at me like a 6 week old puppy that just heard a whistle for the first time..
they all respect the M, but they dont care about its proper slang, they all go "nah, that a bEAmer, everybody says bEAmer" like thats how the minds of the masses thinks: they dont... if everybody does something, even if its wrong, they just follow suit.


GO FIGURE!!
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2019, 05:53 AM   #30
BeachM5nster
Lieutenant
BeachM5nster's Avatar
United_States
250
Rep
522
Posts

Drives: '14 M5
Join Date: Feb 2019
Location: Southeast

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bvall View Post
Love the "Saab 3-Sep" instead of the correct name "Saab 9-3", they really know their cars.
lol- STATS ARE TRASH.. they do better than a complete stab in the dark, but they still miss.. and can be skewed. as with science, there is no truth, only falsification
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2019, 06:01 AM   #31
BeachM5nster
Lieutenant
BeachM5nster's Avatar
United_States
250
Rep
522
Posts

Drives: '14 M5
Join Date: Feb 2019
Location: Southeast

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NormanConquest View Post
Yes my 340i isn't build in the USA but my 14 mustang is, so are the other cars I purchase from gm and Ford in the past.


Your point is sort of mute
Moot, homeboy.. you meant your point is moot, not mute. Your credibilty in debating just took a major nosedive
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2019, 06:37 AM   #32
BeachM5nster
Lieutenant
BeachM5nster's Avatar
United_States
250
Rep
522
Posts

Drives: '14 M5
Join Date: Feb 2019
Location: Southeast

iTrader: (0)

i think you all are missing a VERY important part here..

THE MAJORITY of people don't really drive what they want to drive, they drive what they can afford and what they think they will get their money out of!
And they think no further than that, or cant bc of money..

Most GOP voters are older and frugal and choose toyota because they know it wont be a money pit and will be reliabie.

Vietnam veterans and children of WWII soldiers drive toyota lexus hyundai like its going out of style. How about that??!?!?!!

You really think most people put much stock into thinking about what they drive and where it comes from? Some humans kill animals all day in a factory for other humans to eat to boost their chances at atherosclerosis and cancer.

Sooo, do you really think there is much "thinking" going on in many peoples' heads??! about anything much less their car's affilliation.

The short answer is NO

98% of people cant tell you who makes lexus, much less infiniti or acura.
99% of americans(especially over 50 y/o) dont know spain is espaņa.
America is great but the masses are so uncultured and cut off from global realities it is sad.

im just glad my brain works

By and large, car ownership is just a free-for-all what deal can ya get. nothing else desired. just a deal.

Furthermore, enroll in a probability&statistics class, a logic 101 & 210 class, philosophy class, philosophy of science class, and a then world religious studies class(thats gonna be all major religions studied from an objective viewpoint that most people can't handle because uhhh, theyre dumb and can't handle the fact that maybe things that they were told as a child don't add up? idk come up with your own conclusion)

But take all of those classes and then tell me what you think
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2019, 06:54 AM   #33
Poiseuille
Brigadier General
Poiseuille's Avatar
United_States
4392
Rep
3,347
Posts

Drives: 2016 M4 DCT Tanzanite/Amaro
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Princeton

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeachM5nster View Post
i think you all are missing a VERY important part here..

THE MAJORITY of people don't really drive what they want to drive, they drive what they can afford and what they think they will get their money out of!
And they think no further than that, or cant bc of money..

Most GOP voters are older and frugal and choose toyota because they know it wont be a money pit and will be reliabie.

Vietnam veterans and children of WWII soldiers drive toyota lexus hyundai like its going out of style. How about that??!?!?!!

You really think most people put much stock into thinking about what they drive and where it comes from? Some humans kill animals all day in a factory for other humans to eat to boost their chances at atherosclerosis and cancer.

Sooo, do you really think there is much "thinking" going on in many peoples' heads??! about anything much less their car's affilliation.

The short answer is NO

98% of people cant tell you who makes lexus, much less infiniti or acura.
99% of americans(especially over 50 y/o) dont know spain is españa.
America is great but the masses are so uncultured and cut off from global realities it is sad.

im just glad my brain works

By and large, car ownership is just a free-for-all what deal can ya get. nothing else desired. just a deal.

Furthermore, enroll in a probability&statistics class, a logic 101 & 210 class, philosophy class, philosophy of science class, and a then world religious studies class(thats gonna be all major religions studied from an objective viewpoint that most people can't handle because uhhh, theyre dumb and can't handle the fact that maybe things that they were told as a child don't add up? idk come up with your own conclusion)

But take all of those classes and then tell me what you think
so Beach, have you considered decaf?
Appreciate 3
MKSixer22905.50
gjm1201311.50

      02-24-2019, 07:05 AM   #34
///M4ster Yoda
Brigadier General
///M4ster Yoda's Avatar
3506
Rep
3,862
Posts

Drives: '16 F82 M4
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Long Island, NY

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poiseuille View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeachM5nster View Post
i think you all are missing a VERY important part here..

THE MAJORITY of people don't really drive what they want to drive, they drive what they can afford and what they think they will get their money out of!
And they think no further than that, or cant bc of money..

Most GOP voters are older and frugal and choose toyota because they know it wont be a money pit and will be reliabie.

Vietnam veterans and children of WWII soldiers drive toyota lexus hyundai like its going out of style. How about that??!?!?!!

You really think most people put much stock into thinking about what they drive and where it comes from? Some humans kill animals all day in a factory for other humans to eat to boost their chances at atherosclerosis and cancer.

Sooo, do you really think there is much "thinking" going on in many peoples' heads??! about anything much less their car's affilliation.

The short answer is NO

98% of people cant tell you who makes lexus, much less infiniti or acura.
99% of americans(especially over 50 y/o) dont know spain is españa.
America is great but the masses are so uncultured and cut off from global realities it is sad.

im just glad my brain works

By and large, car ownership is just a free-for-all what deal can ya get. nothing else desired. just a deal.

Furthermore, enroll in a probability&statistics class, a logic 101 & 210 class, philosophy class, philosophy of science class, and a then world religious studies class(thats gonna be all major religions studied from an objective viewpoint that most people can't handle because uhhh, theyre dumb and can't handle the fact that maybe things that they were told as a child don't add up? idk come up with your own conclusion)

But take all of those classes and then tell me what you think
so Beach, have you considered decaf?


Right. Sooo much going on in there I wouldn't know where to begin
__________________
'03 330 '04 325 '08 328 '11 335 '11 335is
'14 335 '16 340 '16 M4 (Retired)
4 ED's 1 PCD
Current Stable: '19 X3 (Wifey) '20 ZCP M4 (Mine)
Appreciate 2
MKSixer22905.50
pcohen15366.50

      02-24-2019, 07:30 AM   #35
NormanConquest
Brigadier General
2881
Rep
4,307
Posts

Drives: 340i
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Earth

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuidoK View Post
What has this to do with the production of the car? What you're saying would count for any car, unless you drive to canada or mexico to fuel up and get a tyre....
I don't understand why you have such a hard time admitting you have a german car? Do you hate germans? Is it buyers remorse?
I mean, you knew on forehand that BMW is a german brand right?
Why do you have to make up excuses for that your BMW 340i is german?
Is this an american thing? do you feel guilty that the production of your car didn't stimulate the US economy but the german one?
Do you feel the need that everything you buy only has to stimulate the US economy?
Because then you can't buy anything anymore...We live in a world economy.
Every 'excuse' you make up for your 340i sounds really silly to me.
It sounds like you feel ashamed for your car not being US made or something like that.

Purchasing a car is an investment into the economy, sure purchasing an American brand is a greater investment but in the end it still an investment. Unlike someone who uses public transport which is supply by the government who generates it revenue from taxing the producers.
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2019, 07:31 AM   #36
NormanConquest
Brigadier General
2881
Rep
4,307
Posts

Drives: 340i
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Earth

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeachM5nster View Post
Moot, homeboy.. you meant your point is moot, not mute. Your credibilty in debating just took a major nosedive
English is not my first dialect and I post via cell phone so cut me some slack.
Appreciate 3
Poiseuille4392.00
MKSixer22905.50
pcohen15366.50

      02-24-2019, 10:31 AM   #37
GuidoK
#buildnotbought
GuidoK's Avatar
1348
Rep
2,403
Posts

Drives: Z4 3.0i ESS TS2+
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Tinkering in the garage

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NormanConquest View Post
Purchasing a car is an investment into the economy, sure purchasing an American brand is a greater investment but in the end it still an investment. Unlike someone who uses public transport which is supply by the government who generates it revenue from taxing the producers.
I bet those public transport busses or trains (or whatever you use) are still made in the US and not abroad
When people stop using busses, trains etc, those bus companies go bankrupt.
Also resulting in unemployed bus factory workers (and unemployed bus/train drivers, who I presume, are also americans).
Or are people who work in bus/train factories and bus/train drivers lesser americans?
Its not that using public transport isn't supporting the US economy like you have believe it.
They're all forms of consumerism.
Buying a bus or trainticket is just as much 'still an investment' like you eagerly try to put it. And that goes for anything you buy in the country.
__________________
Z4 3.0i | ESS TS2+ | Quaife ATB LSD | Brembo/BMW performance BBK front/rear | Schrick FI cams | Schmiedmann headers+cats | Powerflex/strongflex PU bushings | Vibra-technics engine mounts | H&R anti rollbars | KW V3 coilovers | Sachs performance clutch

Last edited by GuidoK; 02-24-2019 at 10:49 AM..
Appreciate 1
Jockey2175.00

      02-24-2019, 10:47 AM   #38
NormanConquest
Brigadier General
2881
Rep
4,307
Posts

Drives: 340i
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Earth

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuidoK View Post
I bet those public transport busses or trains (or whatever you use) are still made in the US and not abroad
When people stop using busses, trains etc, those bus companies go bankrupt.
Also resulting in unemployed bus factory workers (and unemployed bus/train drivers, who I presume, are also americans).
Or are people who work in bus/train factories and bus/train drivers lesser americans?
Its not that using public transport isn't supporting the US economy like you have believe it.
They're all forms of consumerism.
Buying a bus or trainticket is just as much 'still an investment' like you eagerly try to put it. And that goes for anything you buy in the country.
Base on what funds government doesn't generate wealth or production
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2019, 10:50 AM   #39
GuidoK
#buildnotbought
GuidoK's Avatar
1348
Rep
2,403
Posts

Drives: Z4 3.0i ESS TS2+
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Tinkering in the garage

iTrader: (0)

I'm sorry, who again builds the roads?

But I understand what you're saying, an american company who produces busses has no right to exist and buying a non american made car from a non american company is much better
__________________
Z4 3.0i | ESS TS2+ | Quaife ATB LSD | Brembo/BMW performance BBK front/rear | Schrick FI cams | Schmiedmann headers+cats | Powerflex/strongflex PU bushings | Vibra-technics engine mounts | H&R anti rollbars | KW V3 coilovers | Sachs performance clutch

Last edited by GuidoK; 02-24-2019 at 10:56 AM..
Appreciate 1
Jockey2175.00

      02-24-2019, 11:29 AM   #40
NormanConquest
Brigadier General
2881
Rep
4,307
Posts

Drives: 340i
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Earth

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuidoK View Post
I'm sorry, who again builds the roads?

But I understand what you're saying, an american company who produces busses has no right to exist and buying a non american made car from a non american company is much better
If a private individual wants to start a bus business then it a positive to the economy as it an investment with hopes of growth. (Ps private bus companies do exist) while the government run bus companies confiscate production and wealth to finance the bus companies and generally run them poor and inefficiently resulting in negative growth to the overall economy
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2019, 11:37 AM   #41
Jockey
Brigadier General
Jockey's Avatar
United_States
2175
Rep
4,501
Posts

Drives: F80 SS/SS M3
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Park City, UT

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NormanConquest
...resulting in negative growth to the overall economy
Umm, no.

Quote:
Sound transportation investments lower the costs of moving people and goods. This increases economic productivity, which roughly can be measured as the output of goods and services per dollar of private and public investment. And improved productivity leads to a higher standard of living. Because productivity is a central component of economic growth, it should be of major concern when assessing the value of transportation expenditures.
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2019, 11:39 AM   #42
WestRace
Major
594
Rep
1,081
Posts

Drives: E46 M3, E90 M3
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Los Angels, Ca.

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NormanConquest View Post
If a private individual wants to start a bus business then it a positive to the economy as it an investment with hopes of growth. (Ps private bus companies do exist) while the government run bus companies confiscate production and wealth to finance the bus companies and generally run them poor and inefficiently resulting in negative growth to the overall economy
I think of Bus as like Postal Office. It's more than just business. It's a way to help the poor's (and maybe young students) who may not be able to afford their own transportation. And of course, the poor's are those who provide cheap labors to the businesses. It's a symbiotic relationship between the government and private businesses. That's where taxes come into play which are meant to these services provided by the government. It all comes down to how much taxes are enough. That's a million dollar question. If I knew the exact amount that is fair to both the government and business, I wouldn't be here lols.
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2019, 11:43 AM   #43
WestRace
Major
594
Rep
1,081
Posts

Drives: E46 M3, E90 M3
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Los Angels, Ca.

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jockey View Post
Sound transportation investments lower the costs of moving people and goods. This increases economic productivity, which roughly can be measured as the output of goods and services per dollar of private and public investment. And improved productivity leads to a higher standard of living. Because productivity is a central component of economic growth, it should be of major concern when assessing the value of transportation expenditures.
The problem is government is by definition "not efficient", because simply that is not their priorities whether they admit it or not. They have other priorities that are higher than efficiency. You could say they don't really care about "efficiency" simply they don't care about making money.
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2019, 11:56 AM   #44
GuidoK
#buildnotbought
GuidoK's Avatar
1348
Rep
2,403
Posts

Drives: Z4 3.0i ESS TS2+
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Tinkering in the garage

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestRace View Post
I think of Bus as like Postal Office. It's more than just business. It's a way to help the poor's (and maybe young students) who may not be able to afford their own transportation.
Not only that but also to relieve the existing road network.
We're not talking here alone about busses, but the comparison was made with 'public transport', so also trains, subway etc.
Any idea how a city like new york would function without subway, trains etc?
It wouldn't, the roads would be extremely overcrowded. No one working in the central area would be able to get to work anymore.
The new york subway offers over 5 million rides per day (so simply 2,5 million dual way). Any idea what a parking garage for 2,5 million cars would look like?
__________________
Z4 3.0i | ESS TS2+ | Quaife ATB LSD | Brembo/BMW performance BBK front/rear | Schrick FI cams | Schmiedmann headers+cats | Powerflex/strongflex PU bushings | Vibra-technics engine mounts | H&R anti rollbars | KW V3 coilovers | Sachs performance clutch
Appreciate 1
Jockey2175.00

Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:48 AM.




bmw
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST