BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board Politics/Religion The 10 Most Jaw-Dropping Lines From Michael Cohen's Leaked Testimony

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      02-28-2019, 10:05 AM   #89
Halid
Banned
135
Rep
49
Posts

Drives: Fiat 500
Join Date: Feb 2019
Location: Las Vegas

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by .2pdk View Post
Well this is just it, when one has no credibility one never really knows...
But trump has as much credibility, in spite of his own "misstatements"?
Appreciate 1
Jockey2169.50

      02-28-2019, 10:07 AM   #90
.2pdk
Banned
4065
Rep
1,970
Posts

Drives: M2 LCI
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: .

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halid View Post
But trump has as much credibility, in spite of his own "misstatements"?
Not at all, what I'm saying is that NOBODY has any credibility, so back to square one...
Appreciate 1
      02-28-2019, 10:08 AM   #91
Captain Blood
Pirate and thief, avast
Captain Blood's Avatar
United_States
10348
Rep
13,094
Posts

Drives: 135i DCT
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Tortuga

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2012 135  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Halid View Post
But trump has as much credibility, in spite of his own "misstatements"?
Welcome back! What was your previous "handle"?
__________________
My best amp goes up to 11........
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2019, 10:09 AM   #92
Grumpy Old Man
Lieutenant Colonel
Grumpy Old Man's Avatar
Canada
6170
Rep
1,975
Posts

Drives: Porsche 993, 2015 MB GLK
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Niagara on the Lake

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by .2pdk View Post
Not at all, what I'm saying is that NOBODY has any credibility, so back to square one...
JWR is the only politician I can think of in a good long time that has a modicum of credibility. She's looking good now but I suspect she will have some chinks in her armour exposed at some point.
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2019, 10:13 AM   #93
Halid
Banned
135
Rep
49
Posts

Drives: Fiat 500
Join Date: Feb 2019
Location: Las Vegas

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by .2pdk View Post
Not at all, what I'm saying is that NOBODY has any credibility, so back to square one...
Are you saying that our leaders are made of liars? I give up. Gonna start a new profession. Anyone interested in magic beans?
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2019, 10:16 AM   #94
TXSTYLE
BIGMARCUS
TXSTYLE's Avatar
United_States
5815
Rep
2,864
Posts

Drives: F01 & F15 / Mineral White
Join Date: May 2013
Location: The GYM! (The Burbs - N TX)

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by .2pdk View Post
Well this is just it, when one has no credibility one never really knows...
That's a interesting point. And speaking of credibility... How much do you believe Trump has or has demonstrated?
Birds of a feather.
And coming before Congress to lie again certainly doesn't make any sense. On the contrary.
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2019, 10:18 AM   #95
TheWatchGuy
Lieutenant Colonel
TheWatchGuy's Avatar
2462
Rep
1,876
Posts

Drives: 335xi
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: CO

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXSTYLE View Post
That's a interesting point. And speaking of credibility... How much do you believe Trump has or has demonstrated?
Birds of a feather.
And coming before Congress to lie again certainly doesn't make any sense. On the contrary.
i mean, going before congress to lie the first time certainly doesnt make any sense either...
__________________
@drunkcowatches on ig

Am I a watch guy, or do i watch guys?
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2019, 10:25 AM   #96
yousefnjr
Lieutenant Colonel
1601
Rep
1,995
Posts

Drives: 06 Z4MR, 19 i3S, 20 X7
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Bay Area, CA

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by .2pdk View Post
Well this is just it, when one has no credibility one never really knows...
Quote:
Originally Posted by .2pdk View Post
Not at all, what I'm saying is that NOBODY has any credibility, so back to square one...
His credibility is irrelevant to the question I asked. Assume I have 0 credibility as well. If I tell you 1) I am banging Kate Upton and 2) I have a day job, you could make a reasonable determination whether those statements are likely to be true or not.

What do you think he lied about yesterday?
Appreciate 1
      02-28-2019, 10:27 AM   #97
Captain Blood
Pirate and thief, avast
Captain Blood's Avatar
United_States
10348
Rep
13,094
Posts

Drives: 135i DCT
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Tortuga

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2012 135  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by yousefnjr View Post
His credibility is irrelevant to the question I asked. Assume I have 0 credibility as well. If I tell you 1) I am banging Kate Upton and 2) I have a day job, you could make a reasonable determination whether those statements are likely to be true or not.

What do you think he lied about yesterday?
Good point, though I like my rain analogy better......
__________________
My best amp goes up to 11........
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2019, 10:31 AM   #98
WestRace
Major
594
Rep
1,081
Posts

Drives: E46 M3, E90 M3
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Los Angels, Ca.

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by yousefnjr View Post
1) I am banging Kate Upton and 2) I have a day job, you could make a reasonable determination whether those statements are likely to be true or not.
Not likely since you're posting here :-)
Appreciate 1
yousefnjr1600.50

      02-28-2019, 10:39 AM   #99
TXSTYLE
BIGMARCUS
TXSTYLE's Avatar
United_States
5815
Rep
2,864
Posts

Drives: F01 & F15 / Mineral White
Join Date: May 2013
Location: The GYM! (The Burbs - N TX)

iTrader: (0)

Politics aside and just to answer what if anything he lied about yesterday?

Nothing really jumped out as false. Dude was highly emotional, remorseful and fearful. He knows he fucked up. In my and most people experience, if you've experienced loss or in his case, about to (freedom). Reality sets in. And as the saying goes, the truth will set you free.
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2019, 10:43 AM   #100
WestRace
Major
594
Rep
1,081
Posts

Drives: E46 M3, E90 M3
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Los Angels, Ca.

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXSTYLE View Post
the truth will set you free.
I doubt that. He's a lawyer.
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2019, 10:45 AM   #101
gonzo
Lieutenant General
gonzo's Avatar
United_States
8660
Rep
13,856
Posts

Drives: as many as possible
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: TeXXXas

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXSTYLE View Post
Politics aside and just to answer what if anything he lied about yesterday?

Nothing really jumped out as false. Dude was highly emotional, remorseful and fearful. He knows he fucked up. In my and most people experience, if you've experienced loss or in his case, about to (freedom). Reality sets in. And as the saying goes, the truth will set you free.
More like; say this and this and we'll see about getting you a roommate free cell.
__________________
Crazy Diamond
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2019, 10:47 AM   #102
TXSTYLE
BIGMARCUS
TXSTYLE's Avatar
United_States
5815
Rep
2,864
Posts

Drives: F01 & F15 / Mineral White
Join Date: May 2013
Location: The GYM! (The Burbs - N TX)

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestRace View Post
I doubt that. He's a lawyer.
Correction. A Lawyer on his way to Prison.

Pretty powerful motivator.
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2019, 10:49 AM   #103
WestRace
Major
594
Rep
1,081
Posts

Drives: E46 M3, E90 M3
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Los Angels, Ca.

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXSTYLE View Post
Correction. A Lawyer on his way to Prison.

Pretty powerful motivator.
I've dealt with lawyers or at least people of lawyers. I don't think they care about "the truth".
Appreciate 1
      02-28-2019, 11:11 AM   #104
Halid
Banned
135
Rep
49
Posts

Drives: Fiat 500
Join Date: Feb 2019
Location: Las Vegas

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestRace View Post
I've dealt with lawyers or at least people of lawyers. I don't think they care about "the truth".
He is no longer a lawyer; he's been disbarred, so at this point he has nothing t lose. His credibility is shot, and he can't practice what took him so long to learn. Wouldn't you agree that one lies when they are trying to gain, or divert attention?
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2019, 11:13 AM   #105
Halid
Banned
135
Rep
49
Posts

Drives: Fiat 500
Join Date: Feb 2019
Location: Las Vegas

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Real Dodger View Post
Welcome back! What was your previous "handle"?
What are you talking about?
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2019, 11:24 AM   #106
Captain Blood
Pirate and thief, avast
Captain Blood's Avatar
United_States
10348
Rep
13,094
Posts

Drives: 135i DCT
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Tortuga

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2012 135  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Halid View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Real Dodger View Post
Welcome back! What was your previous "handle"?
What are you talking about?
My guess, when someone on Bimmerpost makes their first post in the political section, as opposed to the car sections, it's someone who was banned previously.

I'm not saying you're ANGLO or blackscreen5inch or someone like that......

And of course I could be wrong.
__________________
My best amp goes up to 11........
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2019, 11:29 AM   #107
PR3CI5N
need4speed
PR3CI5N's Avatar
United_States
490
Rep
1,909
Posts

Drives: 2010 E90 M 335i
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: West Coast

iTrader: (24)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXSTYLE View Post
Politics aside and just to answer what if anything he lied about yesterday?

Nothing really jumped out as false. Dude was highly emotional, remorseful and fearful. He knows he fucked up. In my and most people experience, if you've experienced loss or in his case, about to (freedom). Reality sets in. And as the saying goes, the truth will set you free.
Only thing setting Cohen free, is time. 3 years to be exact.
__________________
N54
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2019, 11:31 AM   #108
Halid
Banned
135
Rep
49
Posts

Drives: Fiat 500
Join Date: Feb 2019
Location: Las Vegas

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Real Dodger View Post
My guess, when someone on Bimmerpost makes their first post in the political section, as opposed to the car sections, it's someone who was banned previously.

I'm not saying you're ANGLO or blackscreen5inch or someone like that......

And of course I could be wrong.
I will say it is more fun here, but going forward, I wish people would not take things so personal, and take breathers more often; but what do I know, as a noobie?
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2019, 11:32 AM   #109
.2pdk
Banned
4065
Rep
1,970
Posts

Drives: M2 LCI
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: .

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halid View Post
I will say it is more fun here, but going forward, I wish people would not take things so personal, and take breathers more often; but what do I know, as a noobie?
You and I both brother.
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2019, 11:37 AM   #110
Sassicaia
Brigadier General
Sassicaia's Avatar
Canada
3437
Rep
3,061
Posts

Drives: SMB F80 6MT
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Vancouver, Canada

iTrader: (0)

I thought it was pretty funny that trump (and many of his followers have been echoing) that basically everything Cohen said was a lie and he couldn't be trusted except for the fact he personally didn't have any evidence of collusion. He was telling there truth there. lol.
Appreciate 1
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:43 AM.




bmw
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST