BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board Politics/Religion Parents say students told to remove MAGA gear

03-04-2019, 02:28 PM   #67
XutvJet
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2016 M235 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by G35POPPEDMYCHERRY View Post
how does one become president and not be supported by majority of the country.
fantasy, not real world but whatever.

these political threads are fuckin hilreaous. most of you are probably older than me; yet argue like toddlers or way below your age group. not directly above me. but a GENERALIZATION
1) Trump's approval rating
2) Trump losing the popular vote by millions of votes
3) Trump voters stating, I can't stand the guy, but he wasn't HRC so.....*Insert various excuses
      03-04-2019, 02:31 PM   #68
XutvJet
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2016 M235 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eriphill View Post
Ahhh...the old "triggered" memes that Trump supporters love to post when they have no viable retort and can't accept the truth. Never gets old.
      03-04-2019, 02:36 PM   #69
Jockey
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 SS/SS M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eriphill
Triggered old white liberals losing their minds because of Trump. It's a joy to watch hahaha
This, right here is why we have such a toxic public discourse about politics.

This is why wearing a MAGA hat pisses some people off.

You are part of the problem.
Appreciate 1
      03-04-2019, 02:43 PM   #70
Captain Blood
Pirate and thief, avast
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135i DCT

Garage List
2012 135  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by gjm120 View Post

....and no one had ever convinced anyone of anything. This is why my ignore list is so long.
You sure do like to tout your ignore list! I guess being shown up so often makes you want a "safe space".......
      03-04-2019, 02:44 PM   #71
Captain Blood
Pirate and thief, avast
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2012 135  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by XutvJet View Post
Ahhh...the old "triggered" memes that Trump supporters love to post when they have no viable retort and can't accept the truth. Never gets old.
Who doesn't love a good meme?
Attached Images

03-04-2019, 02:46 PM   #72
Captain Blood
Pirate and thief, avast
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2012 135  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MKSixer View Post
Will you read the transcript on environmentalism and answer the original question? Don't hide behind, "it's a video". There is a transcript.
No. Not interested in a 1990 video or transcript. You are hung up on this. Go have a nice bowl of gumbo......

03-04-2019, 02:58 PM   #73
dsad1
Colonel
Rep
Drives: car

Quote:
Trump is a shady guy with a terrible moral compass and character. He's a liar, cheater, womanizer, sexist, bully, quite likely a racist, and possibly has committed sexual assault. He embraces violent dictators and doesn't believe much of what he's told from various agencies in the federal government. He is not supported by the majority in this country and many that voted for him only did so because they couldn't stand HRC and many of those voters despise the guy. Given all of this, there are people that view someone wearing MAGA clothing as someone that embraces Trump's negative and morally and ethically-lacking values so they will displace their anger and frustration onto those people. There are also many cases of people wearing MAGA clothing that proclaimed and instigated violence.

In a school setting, it's simply not worth the risk to the person wearing the clothing, the person that might be offended by the clothing, or the people possibly caught in the cross-fire if a fight were to break out.

How do you guys not understand this? Complain all you want about people not being respectful and your rights to wear what you want, but this is real world, not fantasy.
The bold can be said about most of our past presidents.

Would you feel the same about "not worth the risk" if people were getting beat up for wearing HOPE shirts? If so, how about getting beat up for BLM shirts? Jesus shirts? Star of David shirts? LGBTQ shirts? At what point is it worth the risk for you?
Appreciate 1
.2pdk4064.50

03-04-2019, 03:06 PM   #74
Captain Blood
Pirate and thief, avast
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2012 135  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsad1 View Post
The bold can be said about most of our past presidents.

Would you feel the same about "not worth the risk" if people were getting beat up for wearing HOPE shirts? If so, how about getting beat up for BLM shirts? Jesus shirts? Star of David shirts? LGBTQ shirts? At what point is it worth the risk for you?
That really can't be said of anyone but bill or dick in the last 50 years.

03-04-2019, 03:09 PM   #75
gjm120
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 128i

Quote:
Triggered! You're obviously obsessed with Trump. You said reality is that wearing some apparel isn't smart. Some agree, some don't. If you expect someone to say that it is ok to assault someone b/c they wear something that offends you, you won't get alot of support. If someone who wore a "My President is Black" t-shirt after Obama's election got picked on, I think most on here would say that is flat out wrong. Maybe a weasel would say "that's reality" like you did.

Welcome to my ever growing ignore list idiot

03-04-2019, 03:13 PM   #76
G35POPPEDMYCHERRY
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Totaled Toyota Celica :((

if people i swear maybe even myself included...

just channeled their energy on shit that relates to them. America would be a great again.
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2019, 03:38 PM   #77
gjm120
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Triggered! You're obviously obsessed with Trump. You said reality is that wearing some apparel isn't smart. Some agree, some don't. If you expect someone to say that it is ok to assault someone b/c they wear something that offends you, you won't get alot of support. If someone who wore a "My President is Black" t-shirt after Obama's election got picked on, I think most on here would say that is flat out wrong. Maybe a weasel would say "that's reality" like you did.

Welcome to my ever growing ignore list idiot
XutvJet I owe you an apology. I thought you posted the triggered meme. That had an element of 'bitchy' arguing that one member has made an art form.
MKSixer22905.50

03-04-2019, 05:04 PM   #78
PR3CI5N
need4speed
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 E90 M 335i

If you want to wear some ridiculous outfit, be my guest. If you want to wear a mask while protesting because you're too much of coward to show your face, go for it. If someone wants to wear a MAGA hat or carry a Trump flag, then they 100% should be allowed to rock it. Trump is the POTUS so to make someone remove a piece of clothing that supports our current president, is ridiculous. People need to learn how to not be so offended over shit they disagree with.
D22M2585.00
Run Silent13725.00

03-04-2019, 05:16 PM   #79
Halid
Banned
Rep
Drives: Fiat 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by PR3CI5N View Post
If you want to wear some ridiculous outfit, be my guest. If you want to wear a mask while protesting because you're too much of coward to show your face, go for it. If someone wants to wear a MAGA hat or carry a Trump flag, then they 100% should be allowed to rock it. Trump is the POTUS so to make someone remove a piece of clothing that supports our current president, is ridiculous. People need to learn how to not be so offended over shit they disagree with.
Wear a MAGA hat to a hilary rally, or a hilary shirt to a trump rally, and you will understand. The school probably just doesn't want to deal with the expected outcome.
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2019, 05:51 PM   #80
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 325i Arctic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halid View Post
Wear a MAGA hat to a hilary rally, or a hilary shirt to a trump rally, and you will understand. The school probably just doesn't want to deal with the expected outcome.
These kids are in SCHOOL, where one is supposed to still be LEARNING.

They aren't spoiled old white dudes like me who can't learn a new trick.
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2019, 05:58 PM   #81
Halid
Banned
Rep
Drives: Fiat 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
These kids are in SCHOOL, where one is supposed to still be LEARNING.

They aren't spoiled old white dudes like me who can't learn a new trick.
And that is the whole point. If everyone wore one, or not, it would be no problem. The problem comes when more than one person complains, or has problems because of it. The school chooses.
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2019, 06:01 PM   #82
Run Silent
Run Deep
United_States
Rep
Drives: Back and Forth To Work

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Halid View Post
And that is the whole point. If everyone wore one, or not, it would be no problem. The problem comes when more than one person complains, or has problems because of it. The school chooses.
Again - so long as it is presented evenly across all political party lines - I see no issue with what the school did.

There is no reason to be advocating for a political stance or any other activism at high school. You are there to complete the bare minimum of education requirements here in the United States. That is all.

I've said it before and it is worth noting again - I am all in favor of moving towards a strict dress code at all public schools to eliminate these issues altogether.

What these kids want to do on their own time is one thing, but they should be at school to learn - and that is it.
      03-04-2019, 06:09 PM   #83
MKSixer
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW i8, E63 M6, 328d

Garage List
2016 M4 GTS (Allotted)  [0.00]
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [5.00]
2015 BMW i8  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Real Dodger View Post
No. Not interested in a 1990 video or transcript. You are hung up on this. Go have a nice bowl of gumbo......
Lol. 2008. I'm proving that they are historically incorrect by proving it with their own information thus proving their lack of credibility to those with eyes. I can do this all day. Remain willfully ignorant of their propaganda.

I had gumbo last week. It was Mexican tonight.

Lewi6, First of His Name, Destroyer of Careers, Master of Pole Positions, 6X WDC, Master of All Tracks, Scorer of Maximum Points, Whisperer of Tires, Minimizer of Fuel Utilization, Maximizer of Consistency in Finishing. Look Upon Him With DRED.
Appreciate 2
SakhirM410204.00

03-04-2019, 06:25 PM   #84
Captain Blood
Pirate and thief, avast
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2012 135  [5.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Lol. 2008. I'm proving that they are historically incorrect by proving it with their own information thus proving their lack of credibility to those with eyes. I can do this all day. Remain willfully ignorant of their propaganda.

I had gumbo last week. It was Mexican tonight.
My place for gumbo is not nearly as convenient as it used to be. But I need to go tomorrow or Wednesday. I miss some really good gumbo.

03-04-2019, 06:27 PM   #85
MKSixer
Major General
Rep

Garage List
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [5.00]
2015 BMW i8  [5.00]
Quote:
My place for gumbo is not nearly as convenient as it used to be. But I need to go tomorrow or Wednesday. I miss some really good gumbo.

You're always welcome here. You'll spit on any other gumbo after you've had the home-made variety locally. Or even some of the story bought stuff.

Lewi6, First of His Name, Destroyer of Careers, Master of Pole Positions, 6X WDC, Master of All Tracks, Scorer of Maximum Points, Whisperer of Tires, Minimizer of Fuel Utilization, Maximizer of Consistency in Finishing. Look Upon Him With DRED.
Appreciate 1
cmyx6go4262.50

03-04-2019, 06:45 PM   #86
Run Silent
Run Deep
United_States
Rep
Drives: Back and Forth To Work

Garage List
Quote:
You're always welcome here. You'll spit on any other gumbo after you've had the home-made variety locally. Or even some of the story bought stuff.
We might have to make this a group affair. I've never really been partial to gumbo, but am happy to be offered a chance at persuasion.

03-04-2019, 06:52 PM   #87
gjm120
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Driving thru Louisiana on I-10 is a treat b/c of the cajun restaurants. A great one is a nondescript place just west of the Atchafalaya Basin.

03-04-2019, 07:07 PM   #88
MKSixer
Major General
Rep

Garage List
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [5.00]
2015 BMW i8  [5.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Run Silent View Post
We might have to make this a group affair. I've never really been partial to gumbo, but am happy to be offered a chance at persuasion.
Quote:
Driving thru Louisiana on I-10 is a treat b/c of the cajun restaurants. A great one is a nondescript place just west of the Atchafalaya Basin.
I've done a cultural exchange with guys in the past. Let me know if y'all want to do one...

Appreciate 0