BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board Politics/Religion Hogwash - America is not broken like the media tells you

03-07-2019, 01:17 PM   #89
DETRoadster
Space Force - 4 Star General
Rep
Drives: M2 MG 6MT / Moto Guzzi V7

Quote:
Originally Posted by 328dX View Post
Do you know what artificial intelligence is? We are all contributing our human into AI to feed it and teach it to do more than what we ever could.

Even Elon Musk talked about this very thing if that's someone you trust more than me.

So back to my original question. Why are you a willing participant? Why are you driving car that tracks your every move? Why are you posting on an Internet social media platform that tracks your every move? Do you have a cell phone? Do you have a credit card? Do you have a bank? Why?

Why are you not a subsistence farmer living off the grid using chickens and petrified dog turds as currency?

Yes we are being tracked, watched, and ultimately marketed to. It's all about making money, nothing more.
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2019, 01:21 PM   #90
328dX
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 328dX wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by DETRoadster View Post
So back to my original question. Why are you a willing participant? Why are you driving car that tracks your every move? Why are you posting on an Internet social media platform that tracks your every move? Do you have a cell phone? Do you have a credit card? Do you have a bank? Why?

Why are you not a subsistence farmer living off the grid using chickens and petrified dog turds as currency?

Yes we are being tracked, watched, and ultimately marketed to. It's all about making money, nothing more.
Yes, all of those are capable, but essential. I try to turn off tracking for everything and don't buy into things like Amazon Alexa but in this modern age you can't get away without a phone or without internet to do things like your job and getting to work etc.
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2019, 01:27 PM   #91
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 325i Arctic

Quote:
using chickens and petrified dog turds as currency?
Wait, WHUT??? I need to go back and watch some of these videos!!!! I keep chopping the turds up when I mow the lawn, then throw it all in the chicken coop
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2019, 01:36 PM   #92
MKSixer
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW i8, E63 M6, 328d

Garage List
2016 M4 GTS (Allotted)  [0.00]
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [5.00]
2015 BMW i8  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Halid View Post
Notice how the 3 exclamation points look like the letter, "W". You just had a VERY close call, my friend. Very Close. :evil

Lewi6, First of His Name, Destroyer of Careers, Master of Pole Positions, 6X WDC, Master of All Tracks, Scorer of Maximum Points, Whisperer of Tires, Minimizer of Fuel Utilization, Maximizer of Consistency in Finishing. Look Upon Him With DRED.
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2019, 01:37 PM   #93
DETRoadster
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
Wait, WHUT??? I need to go back and watch some of these videos!!!! I keep chopping the turds up when I mow the lawn, then throw it all in the chicken coop
That's a rookie move, Wede. You'll never make it in the new world order when the Illuminati finally puts their plans to work. Everyone knows petrified dog turds, chickens, and Cool Ranch Doritos will be the new currency of choice in the days to come.
Appreciate 2
MKSixer22850.50

03-07-2019, 01:39 PM   #94
UncleWede
United_States
Rep

Quote:
That's a rookie move, Wede. You'll never make it in the new world order when the Illuminati finally puts their plans to work. Everyone knows petrified dog turds, chickens, and Cool Ranch Doritos will be the new currency of choice in the days to come.
So, as usual, I'll be in the bottom third with only chickens
Appreciate 1
MKSixer22850.50

03-07-2019, 01:42 PM   #95
DETRoadster
Rep

Quote:
Yes, it's inevitable. The top 1% will control 99% of the world's Cool Ranch Doritos production. Best to just accept it and fall in line.
Appreciate 2
Run Silent13716.00
MKSixer22850.50

03-07-2019, 01:47 PM   #96
UncleWede
United_States
Rep

Cool ranch Doritos, petrified dogshit

Petrified dogshit, Cool ranch Doritos
Appreciate 3
Run Silent13716.00
MKSixer22850.50

03-07-2019, 01:51 PM   #97
Captain Blood
Pirate and thief, avast
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135i DCT

Garage List
2012 135  [5.00]
Quote:
I have not seen the chicken sex thread in a long time. It seems I'm the only one who cares about it. Fucking "prancersize" is such fake news.........

03-07-2019, 01:53 PM   #98
Captain Blood
Pirate and thief, avast
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135i DCT

Garage List
2012 135  [5.00]
Quote:

I'm sure I'm making some people blind, if you know what I mean......
      03-07-2019, 02:37 PM   #99
MKSixer
Major General
Rep

Garage List
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [5.00]
2015 BMW i8  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Real Dodger View Post
I have not seen the chicken sex thread in a long time. It seems I'm the only one who cares about it. Fucking "prancersize" is such fake news.........
What?!?!! Fake news?!?!! Ye of little faith. Observeth and believeth:

@halid detroitm2 UncleWede

Here's the good part of the whole saga!!

Lewi6, First of His Name, Destroyer of Careers, Master of Pole Positions, 6X WDC, Master of All Tracks, Scorer of Maximum Points, Whisperer of Tires, Minimizer of Fuel Utilization, Maximizer of Consistency in Finishing. Look Upon Him With DRED.
Appreciate 2
      03-07-2019, 02:39 PM   #100
schoy
Captain
Rep
Drives: Melbourne Red E90 M3

Quote:
No, MAGA was an ingenious campaign tool that was (and is) incredibly effective for the audience it is intended to attract. I'm an upper-middle class white guy as I suspect you are. For dudes like me, America has never been better. Make America Great Again? What? Why? It's the best it's ever been right now, for me. But I'm not a farmer, a factory worker, a blue collar white guy who's dad was able to buy a home and provide for a family working the same job I just lost to a (insert your flavor of scapegoat here). For a lot of folks in the country there WAS a time when America was (or at least is remembered as) better. So while MAGA seems ludicrous to me, personally, I can see the appeal to those who are not in my demographic.
See, this is what I don't get. We have folks on this forum who complain about the "entitlement" state that the Democrats created in the decade before Trump, but Trump's main campaign marketing platform was to come as some divine savior to all of these downtrodden people's problems by re-creating markets that no longer exist or kicking out people that don't even pose a threat to that demographic or enacting tax cuts that don't even really have an effect on them. In effect, this demographic was so desperate to re-create the past (because the past was "Great"), and wanted a President who fed their belief that they were entitled to stay in the past.
Appreciate 3
Deniz45.50
Jockey2169.50

03-07-2019, 02:40 PM   #101
Run Silent
Run Deep
United_States
Rep
Drives: Back and Forth To Work

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by MKSixer View Post

That shit still cracks me up every time I see it.

03-07-2019, 02:43 PM   #102
MKSixer
Major General
Rep

Garage List
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [5.00]
2015 BMW i8  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Run Silent View Post
That shit still cracks me up every time I see it.
It is brain twisting hilarity at it's best!!

Appreciate 1
Run Silent13716.00

03-07-2019, 02:50 PM   #103
Halid
Banned
Rep
Drives: Fiat 500

Quote:

Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      03-07-2019, 02:50 PM   #104
MPBK
Everyday I'm shuffling
United_States
Rep
Drives: '12 SG 135i DCT; '18 MG M2 DCT

Quote:
So many times - both in these forums - and in the news along with stories I hear from family and friends, we are led to believe that the country has never been so divided and that a revolution is on the forefront, that America had it's best days behind us.

Baloney.

As an example - let us look at a time exactly 50 years ago from today, courtesy of a great article in the Washington Times:

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news...quiet-america/

What internal chaos and unrest faced America 50 years ago, in 1969?
  • The 1969 Vietnam War protests on the UC Berkeley campus turned so violent that National Guard helicopters indiscriminately sprayed tear gas on student demonstrators.
  • Hundreds of thousands of people filled the streets of major cities as part of the "Moratorium to the End the War in Vietnam."
  • In Washington, D.C., about a half-million protesters marched to the White House.
  • Native American demonstrators took over the former federal prison on Alcatraz Island in San Francisco Bay and stayed there for 19 months, declaring it their own sovereign space.
  • The American public was exposed to grotesque photos of the My Lai Massacre, which had occurred the year before. The nation was stunned that American troops in Vietnam had shot innocent women and children.
  • The trial of the Chicago Seven, involving the supposed organizers of the riots at the 1968 Democratic National Convention in Chicago, roiled the nation.
  • Teddy Kennedy ran his car off a bridge on Chappaquiddick Island, Mass., and his young passenger, Mary Jo Kopechne, was left to drown. Sen. Kennedy did not report the accident to authorities until 10 hours later.
  • Charles Manson's "family" butchered seven innocents in Los Angeles, among them actress Sharon Tate in hopes of starting a race war.

All of these things seemed similar to what we hear on the news today (albeit they were probably far worse than anything going on these days), so one must assume that the country was in a death spiral, right? You would be wrong. The United States did not just survive 1969, but reached new heights of scientific, technological and cultural achievement.

What else happened that same year, a half century ago?
  • The first time in history, the GDP of America exceeded $1 trillion dollars.
  • America also put the first humans on the moon in 1969 -- and did it twice the same year, with the Apollo 11 and Apollo 12 lunar missions.
  • Boeing's 747 jumbo jet made its first successful test flight in 1969. The 400-passenger airliner was so well designed and ahead of its time that it continues in service today, a half-century after its rollout. It took some 35 years for a European company to introduce a competitor to the 747, the Airbus A380.
  • American computer scientists first used a precursor to the internet in 1969, when computers at UCLA and Stanford managed to share an electronic network, known as ARPANET.

America is such a huge and diverse country, and so abundantly endowed with natural and human resources, that it is capable of achieving unprecedented scientific, economic and technological breakthroughs even as the media tries to make you think its social fabric is tearing apart.

Or, put another way, while the media highlights crime, protests, grievances and civil disorder, a majority of Americans still go to work un-bothered each day.

And in a rare society with a free market, constitutional government and individual freedom, people continue to do amazing things even amid the utter chaos around them.

Don't believe everything you hear. We are still the greatest place to be on earth. Don't let any politician try and change that or take it away from you.
So... MAGA is fake news?
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2019, 02:52 PM   #105
detroitm2
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [0.00]
Quote:

Appreciate 2
Run Silent13716.00
MKSixer22850.50

03-07-2019, 03:04 PM   #106
Run Silent
Run Deep
United_States
Rep
Drives: Back and Forth To Work

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPBK View Post
So... MAGA is fake news?
Pretty much, yep. I detailed this out on the first page already.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Real Dodger View Post
Soooooo......MAGA is a scam? You're saying the whole concept that America was broken and needed to be fixed was simply a dumb campaign slogan?

That's what I've been saying all along.
A scam? I don't know if I would go that far - but yes, certainly a campaign slogan and I never thought we were 'Broken' as a country. I do agree that the previous administration was leading us down the wrong path, but the same could be said for many other administrations over the years. The pendulum was swinging too far left and now we have someone in office that is swinging it the other direction. Odds are that the next administration will move it to the left again, and so on and so forth as goes the world.

This is nothing new.
MKSixer22850.50

03-08-2019, 08:59 AM   #107
MPBK
Everyday I'm shuffling
United_States
Rep

Quote:
For now.
You can't seriously be this naive.

Last edited by MPBK; 03-08-2019 at 09:15 AM..
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2019, 09:15 AM   #108
MPBK
Everyday I'm shuffling
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Pretty much, yep. I detailed this out on the first page already.
On an economic level, maybe MAGA is bogus.
I'm not defending Trump. I think he only understand the world on an economic level anyways.
But many of his voters took MAGA on a moral, and social level. They were sick and tired of the PC crap by the democrats.
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2019, 09:28 AM   #109
.2pdk
Banned
Rep
Drives: M2 LCI

Quote:
They were sick and tired of the PC crap by the democrats.
And one can only hope the current state of the democratic party will only ensure more individuals get sick by 2020...
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2019, 09:37 AM   #110
DETRoadster
Rep

Quote:
For now.
You can't seriously be this naive.
Yes, for now. Exactly why we need strong personal privacy laws in this country like what the EU has rolled out with GDPR. California is currently leading the pack in the US but the Trump administration is not far behind, working on broader National protections. Hopefully this is one area in which we can find some bi-partisan support and actually get meaningful legislation passed.

As for protections from government intrusion. Good luck. all we can do is hope to elect people who believe in the constitution and in turn appoint people who do as well. it's kinda like the old saying that no matter what you do, if a car thief wants your car bad enough you cant stop them. If the government is dead set on going to China levels of surveillance on us, there's little we can do to stop them.
Appreciate 0