BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board Politics/Religion World without mass religion

05-31-2007, 11:13 AM   #331
ATG
Major
Cuba
Rep
Drives: f30 328 xdrive, e90 335i gone

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by hks786 View Post
Simple.

First of all Allah created women as partners for men. He has strictly prohibited homosexuality. I'm sure you know what happened to such nations that engage in homosexuality. Remember what happened to Sodom? Its all in the Quran and the Quran agrees with what archaeologists have discovered. If you want proof, thats no problem, check the links below...

Second of all, when men and women get married, they can then have children and the human race goes on and on...

Thirdly, it could again be seen as a test. I mean lots of men cannot resist the temptation of looking at women and some even go so far as to rape them. It's a horrible world we live in. Islam creates strict limits so that these things dont happen. I mean, when people look they then want to touch etc. you see what I mean? that is why Allah says we shouldnt look at women but when the time is right, we should look for a suitable partner. That partner would be with you for the rest of your life, you would have a family etc, and the human race would go on and on...

Video:
Perished Nations Part 1 -

Perished Nations Part 2 -

PDF format:
http://www.harunyahya.com/download/d...d.php?id=14453
(Download from this link)
Those are not answers. At the most, they reflect a purely human retrospective explanation based on current values rooted in human logic, human insecurities, human fears, and human prejudices.

What is wrong with homosexuality on a "devine" or "creator's" level? And moreover, homosexuality assumes that there are 2 sexes and one of them "misbehaves." If there is only one gender and its members engage in sex as a life-continuation activity, it's not really homosexuality. But, evolution doesn't stop with one gender -- organisms develop into more complex structures with division of reproductive functions.

"Woman is a companion for man." That is so childish and again, a pure hindsight. At the time of "creation," it would be perfectly fine to have men as companions for other men.

And why can't men look at women and touch them, and in general enjoy the use of their sex organs to the fullest extent?? A few real answers:

- Prevention of STDs
- Prevention of violence and mantaining order in society
- Considering a sexual partner as one's "tangible property"
Appreciate 0
      05-31-2007, 12:04 PM   #332
ganeil
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 328i Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATG View Post
Those are not answers. At the most, they reflect a purely human retrospective explanation based on current values rooted in human logic, human insecurities, human fears, and human prejudices.
Then again, so do the questions themselves.

1974 2002tii
1978 320i
2007 328i
Appreciate 0
      05-31-2007, 12:23 PM   #333
hks786
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: *

If there is only one gender and its members engage in sex as a life-continuation activity, it's not really homosexuality.

The fact is that Allah created male and female humans. He created us with reproductive organs so that:

a) we would be able to reproduce and continue the human race
b) for sexual pleasure amongst husbands and wives. Yes, Islam encourages sex between husband and wives to create a feeling of love and happiness, and because it is a natural feeling. But there are limits of course. For example, we should have extra-marital or pre-marital relationships. These are simple boundaries because they keep our heart pure and clean. Allah teaches us modesty to stop us from trangressing these boundaries and limits...

"Woman is a companion for man." That is so childish and again.

If we assume for a moment that Allah is our god (he is ours, but lets assume you believe in him too) and also assume that he created male and female sexs for the above reasons, then why should we seek homosexual relationships? You said at the time of creation it would be lawful to have male companions. This would be acceptable if Allah made it that way! but he didnt.

If I make a table, but you use it as a chair, then the obvious problem is your body weight could damage it, it would be uncomfortable etc. But at the time of creation if I said "This is a chair", then of course it would be permissable to use it as a chair, BUT bear in mind I would make it more in the form of chair if this was the case. For comfort reasons etc. Now lets think about god, if god wanted homosexual relations to exist he would infact make it so that males could reproduce between them etc. but infact he didnt. Allah created men and women for the above reasons...
      05-31-2007, 12:34 PM   #334
ATG
Major
Cuba
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by hks786 View Post
If I make a table, but you use it as a chair, then the obvious problem is your body weight could damage it, it would be uncomfortable etc. But at the time of creation if I said "This is a chair", then of course it would be permissable to use it as a chair, BUT bear in mind I would make it more in the form of chair if this was the case.
ok, now it makes sense to me: homosexuals use their sex organs as a chair although they were intended to be used as a table. I can see logic here.
Appreciate 0
      05-31-2007, 12:39 PM   #335
ATG
Major
Cuba
Rep

Garage List
One more for HKS: why does Allah approve of polygamy for men? Why such inequality between two genders?
Appreciate 0
      05-31-2007, 12:51 PM   #336
hks786
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
ok, now it makes sense to me: homosexuals use their sex organs as a chair although they were intended to be used as a table. I can see logic here.
Allah created everything with a purpose. There are many reasons for male-female relationships. For example, reproduction - the human race can continue. THIS is one of the main reasons. Allah didnt make it possible for two males or two females to be able to reproduce between them, but it is possible in male-female relationships...
      05-31-2007, 12:51 PM   #337
hks786
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
One more for HKS: why does Allah approve of polygamy for men? Why such inequality between two genders?
Many reasons. See here:

http://www.answering-christianity.com/polygamy.htm
      05-31-2007, 01:03 PM   #338
Max_!
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E91

> First of all Allah created women as partners for men.

No, Woman must have been first. That makes men the partners for women.

Allah could have made man first, but he would have had to violate his own creation to do it.

Plus, to create woman from man, he would have to add to it implying something is missing from man (which also happens to be the case)

> if god wanted homosexual relations to exist he would infact make it so that males could reproduce between them etc.

You don't quite understand homosexuality, do you?

I'm not sure you will understand this, but lesbians and gays are just attracted to the same sex in exactly the same way you are attracted to the opposite sex.

Imagine being told you are a sick bastard because you are attracted to women!

These are not filthy perverts. They are also not going against nature because there isn't a species of mammal alive that does not have a significant percentage of homosexual individuals.

If you believe in natural selection, having a homosexual uncle or aunt increases your advantage. This is the reason homosexual individuals are still born eventhough at first glance you would assume the trait to become extinct. Instead there's an additional relative that expands resources on you rather than their own offspring.

> why does Allah approve of polygamy for men? Why such inequality between two genders?

If Allah approved of polygamy, he would not have made it so human females have hidden ovulation.

Did you know that humans are pretty much the only species where you can't tell that they've ovulated and are fertile?
Appreciate 0
      05-31-2007, 01:07 PM   #339
ATG
Major
Cuba
Rep

Garage List
Max, welcome back! I thought we lost you in this thread!
Appreciate 0
      05-31-2007, 01:10 PM   #340
ATG
Major
Cuba
Rep

Garage List
I have to confess here: I understand that homosexuality is fine among species in wild nature, and accept it as such, but I do not support it in human society. Yes, it's a bit arbitrary, but so are many of social laws.
Appreciate 0
      05-31-2007, 01:47 PM   #341
ganeil
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 328i Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max_! View Post
No, Woman must have been first. That makes men the partners for women.

Allah could have made man first, but he would have had to violate his own creation to do it.
Why must woman have come first? Even in an evolutionary model, there is no requirement that when speciation occurs the female of the new species exist first.

Quote:
You don't quite understand homosexuality, do you?

I'm not sure you will understand this, but lesbians and gays are just attracted to the same sex in exactly the same way you are attracted to the opposite sex.

Imagine being told you are a sick bastard because you are attracted to women!

These are not filthy perverts. They are also not going against nature because there isn't a species of mammal alive that does not have a significant percentage of homosexual individuals.

If you believe in natural selection, having a homosexual uncle or aunt increases your advantage. This is the reason homosexual individuals are still born eventhough at first glance you would assume the trait to become extinct. Instead there's an additional relative that expands resources on you rather than their own offspring.
I am not sure you understand homosexuality either. You presume that homosexuality is purely a genetic characteristic that could/would be cleansed from the gene pool. The latest research, in fact, seems to show that while there may be a genetic component to homosexuality, differences in prenatal hormonal levels more likely play a more determinant role.

I am also not sure you understand the nature of sin either. An innate and seemingly natural desire to do something does not make it the right thing to do. There may well be a genetic, physiological, or environmental predisposition to pedophilia but the existence of that predisposition would not alter the sinful nature of acting on that impulse.

1974 2002tii
1978 320i
2007 328i
Appreciate 0
      05-31-2007, 02:15 PM   #342
ATG
Major
Cuba
Rep

Garage List
Sin = a violation of a moral (or social) norm, created by humans for the purpose of orderly living as a group in a society, where a sanction for that violation includes a punishment by a made-up super-natural entity from whom a violator allegedly cannot either escape or conceal the violation.

Purpose of the concept of sin = to improve enforcement of social or moral norms based on an assumption that the violator will experience fear of being punished no matter how carefully the violation is executed or later concealed.

Major premise: yes, there is no proof of an omnipotent super-natural creature. But, there is also no proof of the opposite. So, dear violators, there is a 50/50 risk ...
Appreciate 0
      05-31-2007, 03:31 PM   #343
NaTuReB0Y