BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos Dead battery makes man locked out of his Te$la unless he pays $26k for a new one...

11-07-2022, 04:20 AM   #331
M5Rick
General
Rep
Drives: M5 F10 DCT Gunmetal

Quote:
Originally Posted by DO444 View Post
I’ve read so many damn political posts on Twitter the past weekend I thought this post was titled dead man makes battery in Tesla lol.

Two more days and I can finally stop hearing about it.
I’m voting red all down the ticket, I don’t care. That’s all I’ll say as this site is not a political one.

That being said, no I wouldn’t buy a Tesla either.
But I would love to support musk. He is doing a lot of things right and I really admire him. Unfortunately, once the battery is gone then it’s a paperweight.
..or a doorstop
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2022, 07:52 AM   #332
Mike00
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 18 Z06 M7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burrcold View Post
The CO2 produced from the charging infrastructure is still far less than emissions from using petrol. Factor in over time that grids are getting cleaner and renewable energy sources are going to be more common stay for people charging at home (my neighbour has solar panels on his roof that he only uses to charge his two EVs).
So I agree with the concept and need long term. I have a different issue with the pace it’s being forced.

That said a few thoughts:

1) Solar and Wind will never be enough. Either clean energy has to invent something new (and major) or nuclear has to be used. There is no avoiding this or arguing it when you look at how many solar panels the US would need to power just our country.
2) Recycling on panels and wind products is also a major problem. I’m sure it will be solved eventually but it’s a problem right now adding to everything.

Finally, I’ll own an EV eventually, won’t have a choice but I’ll have a garage (large one) of ICE vehicles, especially Porsche since they are good about old parts. Why? Because right now EV are soulless crap tactic cars. Fast but not fun.
Appreciate 2
Cos270608.50
M5Rick58879.50