E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Technical Forum > M Sport coil spring numbers.

06-13-2016, 06:51 AM   #1
Swiss Tony
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F10 550i

M Sport coil spring numbers.

Hi All,

Have searched and searched but can't find a clear answer to this...

I have a 2007 e92 330i M Sport auto to which the previous owner fitted H&R springs but left on the OEM dampers. I'd like to go back to OEM springs but really confused about which "numbers" I need.. D1, D2 etc.....

Anyone have the same car that could tell me what is (or was) on theirs...?

Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2016, 05:05 AM   #2
Swiss Tony
United Kingdom
Rep

Can anyone advise me on this.......?

All the ones I can find for sale are front or rear pairs rather than complete sets and I don't want to end up with a mis-match :-(
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2016, 02:49 PM   #3
mob17
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 335D

I tried to find out the part numbers for my previous msport springs and it was a nightmare, as they aren't published on realoem as each model is different, and there is a difference within each model too. Some dealers won't provide you with the part numbers even if you give them your vin, they say they are not allowed and can only sell them to you!

But i did find BMW Milton Keynes helpful. Phone up their parts dept and quote your vin, then they will be able to give you the part numbers for your car.
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2016, 11:41 AM   #4
Swiss Tony
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mob17 View Post
I tried to find out the part numbers for my previous msport springs and it was a nightmare, as they aren't published on realoem as each model is different, and there is a difference within each model too. Some dealers won't provide you with the part numbers even if you give them your vin, they say they are not allowed and can only sell them to you!

But i did find BMW Milton Keynes helpful. Phone up their parts dept and quote your vin, then they will be able to give you the part numbers for your car.
I was afraid it might not be as easy as "yeah, D2 rear, D7 front" (or whatever). I'll give them a call then. Cheers!
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2016, 12:33 PM   #5
richk84
Lieutenant Colonel
England
Rep
Drives: e93 330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swiss Tony
Quote:
Originally Posted by mob17 View Post

I was afraid it might not be as easy as "yeah, D2 rear, D7 front" (or whatever). I'll give them a call then. Cheers!
I don't know if they are the same but I'm going to be taking my m sport springs off my 2010 330i e93
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2016, 04:02 PM   #6
mob17
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 335D

E93 springs will be almost certainly different to e92 springs. Like i said even e92 springs can differ.
Appreciate 0