E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wash, Wax, Detailing and Cosmetic protection/repairs > Those who has wheel ceramic coating. Join this thread!

05-07-2017, 12:44 PM   #1
Blueeyesredpanda
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: E90 / F30

Those who has wheel ceramic coating. Join this thread!

For those who has wheel ceramic coating. Which brand did you use? And is it effective (e.g. brake dust repellent)
      05-08-2017, 09:21 AM   #2
Detailed Image
United_States
Rep
Drives: Detailed by Detailed Image

I'm not a BMW owner, but I am a professional detailer and owner of a vehicle that puts of a ton of brake dust (Lexus ISF).

We coat a lot of our clients wheels with a variety of nano coatings, and I do use them on my vehicle as well. It makes routine maintenance a breeze. No need for expensive wheel cleaners, soap and water is all it takes. The nano coatings do require considerably more time and effort to prep and apply than a simple spray sealant, but the coatings do resist dirt and contamination better.

In many cases, a good pressure wash will remove the majority of brake dust, so the remaining residue is quick and easy to remove with a soft wheel brush.

You can use a dedicated wheel coating like GTechniq C5 or CarPro DLUX on nearly any wheel finish. If your wheels are painted, you can use a traditional paint coating on them. Many people opt to do this when they are coating their vehicle and they have some leftover product... perfect time to use it on your wheels.

**all of this is assuming you follow proper and regular maintenance routine that includes washing the car at least every other week**

-Zach
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2017, 03:08 PM   #3
Blueeyesredpanda
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: E90 / F30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detailed Image View Post

You can use a dedicated wheel coating like GTechniq C5 or CarPro DLUX on nearly any wheel finish. If your wheels are painted, you can use a traditional paint coating on them. Many people opt to do this when they are coating their vehicle and they have some leftover product... perfect time to use it on your wheels.

-Zach
The famous Lexus IS that makes alot of brake dust lol
Yes my wheel is painted!

Have you tried NanoCeramic 9H or ceramics pro 9H?
      05-20-2017, 04:09 PM   #4
mjn77
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E90 M3 LCI Jerez Black

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [0.00]
GTechniq C5 for me...

Appreciate 0
      05-31-2017, 01:23 PM   #5
jkrig
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 07' e90 335i (SGM)

Part time detailer here, on my 335i I have nothing oddly lol, but for customers that get their cars coated I typically use Optimum Gloss-Coat on painted wheels and DLUX on wheels with any chrome/aluminum. Here's a car I did last week, a Whipple supercharged 2017 SS 1LE that I coated with Optimum Gloss Coat, paint, wheels and calipers.... didn't have any better pics of the wheels. This things a beast by the way 568whp.....
Attached Images

Last edited by jkrig; 05-31-2017 at 01:41 PM..
Appreciate 0