E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis > koni fsd/ prokit or ST V1

08-29-2008, 01:42 AM   #1
camaross305
Rep
Drives: 2008 M3

koni fsd/ prokit or ST V1

Like the title says

I hear awesome things about the fsd/prokit combo but since im going with 20's i dont know if the drop will be low enough... and h and r sport drop/ koni yellow will be perfect but i hear it doesnt ride as nice as a fsd/prokit. I dont want my car to ride any worse than the zsp suspension. I heard the ST V1 http://www.**********s.com/product.a...ilovers_E90_RS coilovers ride great....what do you guys think?
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2008, 02:53 AM   #2
Vudoo4u2
Night Sh1ft
No_Country
Rep
Drives: F95 X5MC LCI

Garage List
I'll say from personal experience that the KW/ST set has great ride quality, but its not as forgiving as the koni/eibach combo. The coils are a bit more stiff in comparison. The fact that you are getting 20s will also decrease the comfort of your ride, and personally, being that you'll never see track time with 20s I imagine, the koni/eibach combo would fit you well. Super comfort, better than stock ZSP, and the lowering is just right imo. Given, everyone likes a slightly different look. Consider that your 20's will probably be ever so marginally larger diameter wise vs th stockers, and itll fill up the well a tiny ounce more. With 20s, Id look for a little more softness in the suspension, or its going to be a very bumpy ride
      09-03-2008, 01:54 PM   #3
camaross305
Rep
Drives: 2008 M3

good point...yea it looks like the prokit/ksd is the way to go....
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2008, 04:57 PM   #4
ModBargains.com
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: JB E92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaross305 View Post
Like the title says

I hear awesome things about the fsd/prokit combo but since im going with 20's i dont know if the drop will be low enough... and h and r sport drop/ koni yellow will be perfect but i hear it doesnt ride as nice as a fsd/prokit. I dont want my car to ride any worse than the zsp suspension. I heard the ST V1 http://www.**********s.com/product.a...ilovers_E90_RS coilovers ride great....what do you guys think?
Well I have the ST coilovers on my own car, so I can tell you that the ride comfort is just like the ZSP suspension, but slightly stiffer. It feels much more sporty. If you're more into the Lexus feel, then your best bet is the Prokit with the FSD.
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2008, 11:29 AM   #5
SV Concepts III
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: BMW Duh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vudoo4u2 View Post
I'll say from personal experience that the KW/ST set has great ride quality, but its not as forgiving as the koni/eibach combo. The coils are a bit more stiff in comparison. The fact that you are getting 20s will also decrease the comfort of your ride, and personally, being that you'll never see track time with 20s I imagine, the koni/eibach combo would fit you well. Super comfort, better than stock ZSP, and the lowering is just right imo. Given, everyone likes a slightly different look. Consider that your 20's will probably be ever so marginally larger diameter wise vs th stockers, and itll fill up the well a tiny ounce more. With 20s, Id look for a little more softness in the suspension, or its going to be a very bumpy ride
This is a great assessment. I agree, I think the Koni FSD/Eibach combo would suit your needs better in terms of comfort, ride height and handling. It's a great setup for someone looking for a sportier street setup that is still capable of everyday use.
Appreciate 0