BMW 2-Series Gran Coupe
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 1 Series Forum Second Generation (F40) BMW 1 Series (F40) General Discussion

02-11-2021, 06:15 AM   #1
mickyle1995
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: bmw 4 series f32 420d

What do you guys think about the new M135i?

i know its a bit late but i finally got my hands on the f40 m135i look wise interior & exterior i think its really nice and a good step up but i found it too easy/boring to drive i much prefer the f20/f21
Appreciate 1
Wing Co239.00
      03-21-2021, 09:14 AM   #2
dappercivility
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F90 M5 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickyle1995 View Post
i know its a bit late but i finally got my hands on the f40 m135i look wise interior & exterior i think its really nice and a good step up but i found it too easy/boring to drive i much prefer the f20/f21
I have got the F40 M135i for 7mths now. Looks wise, the front is pretty ugly, the rear is pretty nice. Handling wise it is not as good at the F20 probably because of the FWD biased AWD drivetrain.

It is just a M Performance vehicle and not the full fledged M Division Vehicle thus the handling is not quite there yet in my opinion. I do have the F90 M5 Comp and just comparing the handling, it is a day and night difference even when compared to the F20 1 series.

But for the price and its package, it is a decent pocket rocket, fast enough for a daily and practical especially in the city where parking can get pretty cramped.
      04-06-2021, 07:31 AM   #3
mickyle1995
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: bmw 4 series f32 420d

Quote:
Originally Posted by dappercivility View Post
Quote:
I have got the F40 M135i for 7mths now. Looks wise, the front is pretty ugly, the rear is pretty nice. Handling wise it is not as good at the F20 probably because of the FWD biased AWD drivetrain.

It is just a M Performance vehicle and not the full fledged M Division Vehicle thus the handling is not quite there yet in my opinion. I do have the F90 M5 Comp and just comparing the handling, it is a day and night difference even when compared to the F20 1 series.

But for the price and its package, it is a decent pocket rocket, fast enough for a daily and practical especially in the city where parking can get pretty cramped.
have to say i highly agree with you, compared to the f20/f21 it lacks behind but if you look at it as a fresh car it does offer everything you realistically need
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2021, 06:07 PM   #4
dappercivility
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F90 M5 Competition

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

have to say i highly agree with you, compared to the f20/f21 it lacks behind but if you look at it as a fresh car it does offer everything you realistically need
For a daily, it is very practical, powerful and fast enough, etc. Quite a good car in my opinion just that handling wise if it can be improved, it would be really good.
      04-07-2021, 03:41 AM   #5
Hedoniste
Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: M2 CS | M135i

Garage List
2020 BMW M2 CS  [10.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

For a daily, it is very practical, powerful and fast enough, etc. Quite a good car in my opinion just that handling wise if it can be improved, it would be really good.
M135i are delivered with " eco " tires in my country. I ticked " performance tires " on mine. Nobody at BMW was able to told me if it was PS4S or not...
I know 128ti can be delivered with PS4S.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0