BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

07-19-2021, 09:24 PM   #1
Smoothie
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2019 x5

What’s your cluster and screen setup…

With all the options available, wondering how everyone likes to have their instrument cluster and touchscreen setup.
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2021, 09:08 AM   #2
Mynoles1
Private
Rep
Drives: 2021 X5 s40i M-Sport

There are so many options available, to your point, that I don't think we can get the majority of the settings listed for you.

A couple of points in mine. I disabled the map on in the middle of my cluster - just too busy for my liking. (Wish there was something else of value that could be in the middle - but I'm OK with the simplicity without anything.) I have the tach on the right. All my radio/Sirius presets are controlled through the thumbwheel and show up in my HUD. I do not use my 1-8 buttons for stations, just a few key phone numbers and menu shortcuts.

I hate ASS, but do not have coding, so go to Sport Mode almost exclusively due to this. However, I do like the gauge look of comfort equally along with the Sport look. I have never used ECO in any BMW and couldn't tell you anything about that. I also never use NAV, so no help there either.

Is this kind of what you were looking for??
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2021, 09:59 AM   #3
nZtiZia
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: eVeRyOnE mAD!

Garage List
know that each variant layout differs slightly, such as the electric gauge and eDrive logo for the 45e. you can code to change but not all options actually work.

mine is a fully optioned MY21 45e. I personally have the Assisted Driving view in the middle of the instrument cluster as I appreciate the lane departure and additional blind spot warnings. i didn't code a different instrument cluster layout as I find the defaults have the info and look I need for whatever drive mode I'm in. I have the media info on the right side of the cluster. during my daily commute, I have the Home Screen on my central control display: mini map on the left, traffic status on the upper right, media info on the lower right (for passengers).
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2021, 10:24 AM   #4
DwainA
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 45e

Quote:
Originally Posted by nZtiZia View Post
know that each variant layout differs slightly, such as the electric gauge and eDrive logo for the 45e. you can code to change but not all options actually work.

mine is a fully optioned MY21 45e. I personally have the Assisted Driving view in the middle of the instrument cluster as I appreciate the lane departure and additional blind spot warnings. i didn't code a different instrument cluster layout as I find the defaults have the info and look I need for whatever drive mode I'm in. I have the media info on the right side of the cluster. during my daily commute, I have the Home Screen on my central control display: mini map on the left, traffic status on the upper right, media info on the lower right (for passengers).
You probably already know, this, but just in case…. There are two more pages available in the CCD if you swipe left. So you can add 6 more widgets if you want to.
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2021, 12:07 PM   #5
nZtiZia
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by DwainA View Post
You probably already know, this, but just in case…. There are two more pages available in the CCD if you swipe left. So you can add 6 more widgets if you want to.
yup, my second page has the trip computer, weather, and phone.
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2021, 12:57 PM   #6
DwainA
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
yup, my second page has the trip computer, weather, and phone.
I really wish they would give us an Energy Flow widget as well. What's on your third page?
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2021, 01:49 PM   #7
nZtiZia
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
I really wish they would give us an Energy Flow widget as well. What's on your third page?
no third page set up.

have u thought of assigning the Energy Flow to a favorites button?
Appreciate 1
DwainA171.00
      08-09-2021, 03:01 PM   #8
DwainA
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
no third page set up.

have u thought of assigning the Energy Flow to a favorites button?
Yes, but that takes a full screen.
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2021, 03:03 PM   #9
nZtiZia
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Yes, but that takes a full screen.