BMW M3 and M4 - The Icons
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
home
Technical Sections Coding, Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics

03-23-2022, 05:29 PM   #1
TJR_///M3
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3C 2021 X3M40i

MyBMW App Issues

This may have come up before but the 'search' function here didn't flag anything that looked relevant, but feel free to point me at a thread if one does exist.

I am having issues with the My BMW app. It works fine with my wife's X3M40i, but not with my G80.
The app will say that it updated only a few minutes ago, but the data is completely wrong. This happens fairly frequently. Tonight it says my car is 400 miles away in a location that it was at a week ago. The fuel reading is wrong and the mileage is about 500 behind.
All the usual tricks don't seem to work - kill the app and relaunch, switch to the X3 and back, send a request to the car to try and wake it up.
Has anyone else experienced this?
Any fixes?
      03-23-2022, 05:56 PM   #2
DNA1988
United_States
Rep
Drives: 22 M3C, 18 X5 M, 22 X7 40i

Garage List
I've noticed the same thing. Its been driving me nuts. My X5 M and X7 all show the stats correct, but not the G80. I don't have any solutions, just misery loves company.
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2022, 11:20 AM   #3
wowwitsgau
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: S2000 x2, 2022 M3 Comp

Garage List
Happens to me every so often. Reboot the head unit by holding down the power button for 20 seconds - this should take care of it
Appreciate 2
jlevy7394.50
TJR_///M3641.50
      03-24-2022, 03:47 PM   #4
jlevy73
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M4 xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by wowwitsgau View Post
Happens to me every so often. Reboot the head unit by holding down the power button for 20 seconds - this should take care of it
Nice, thank you!
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2022, 09:08 PM   #5
TJR_///M3
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by wowwitsgau View Post
Good suggestion - thanks.
I tried it a short while ago without starting the car and - the system reset but the app hasn't updated.
I will see what happens when I have driven it tomorrow morning.
      03-25-2022, 04:47 PM   #6
Limegrntaln
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 DG/BLk xDrive M4C Wk 34

Garage List
My app was doing this, when I first got my car. There was some secret squirrel up, up, down, down, left, right, left, right, bullshit, song and dance to get it to work, again. I can't remember exactly what it was. It was something to do with deleting the app, hard resetting the phone, and reinstalling the app. Then holding the radio button down for like 2 days for it to reset, and then logging into the app. I used to work around it, by updating the 3D view on my surround cameras, but not everyone optioned this feature. This would force the app to update everything.
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
BMWM4CX281.50
TJR_///M3641.50
      03-25-2022, 05:36 PM   #7
TJR_///M3
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Limegrntaln View Post
My app was doing this, when I first got my car. There was some secret squirrel up, up, down, down, left, right, left, right, bullshit, song and dance to get it to work, again. I can't remember exactly what it was. It was something to do with deleting the app, hard resetting the phone, and reinstalling the app. Then holding the radio button down for like 2 days for it to reset, and then logging into the app. I used to work around it, by updating the 3D view on my surround cameras, but not everyone optioned this feature. This would force the app to update everything.
I did another reset this morning (long press and hold on the audio power knob) and everything finally updated.
Based on my experience and what I have read on this and the related thread, this seems to be a car software bug (or multiple bugs…), it's not a BMW cloud or iPhone app issue.
It's not the end of the world - this is about as far as you can get from being the most important feature of the car - but I get the sense we are a bunch of perfectionists here, so it is still irritating, especially when it seems to work on every other BMW.
      03-25-2022, 09:19 PM   #8
Limegrntaln
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 DG/BLk xDrive M4C Wk 34

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJR_M3 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Limegrntaln View Post
I did another reset this morning (long press and hold on the audio power knob) and everything finally updated.
Based on my experience and what I have read on this and the related thread, this seems to be a car software bug (or multiple bugs…), it's not a BMW cloud or iPhone app issue.
It's not the end of the world - this is about as far as you can get from being the most important feature of the car - but I get the sense we are a bunch of perfectionists here, so it is still irritating, especially when it seems to work on every other BMW.
Mine just finally started working correctly one day. I'm not even sure if I remember it working how it's supposed to, when I did the song and dance with it. But it's been flawless since I finally got it working, maybe 4/5 months now.

Appreciate 0
      03-26-2022, 08:06 AM   #9
M4Tejas
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 22 G82 M4xDrive

Talking

BMW ConnectedDrive iPhone app quit updating. Per Genius rep, delete user profile on the Radio/RAM, log out of iPhone app and start the process over again from scratch. I am glad it worked.

2022 M4 Comp xDrive Aventurin Red Metallic
https://wieninger.de/ Seit 1666
Appreciate 0