E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wash, Wax, Detailing and Cosmetic protection/repairs > New Car Water Spots on Roof

12-18-2006, 01:29 AM   #1
dArNeLLi
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335i on ED, pickup 10/6

New Car Water Spots on Roof

I just read the thread about water spots,

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showth...t=39367&page=2

and I just got my car, and after a full day of zaino prepping (dawn-zfx/z5 2coats, and zfx/z2 1coat) I noticed that my roof panel has alot of little round circles (water spots). As I was removing the z2 off the roof panel (last coat), the water spots were not phased at all, what are my options to get it this off without stripping off my zaino coats? Is there something that I can do with the z2 or z5, I also have z7 quick detailer.

As for a water softener, will the Mr. Clean Auto Dry water filter work?
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2006, 07:49 AM   #2
picus
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: e92 SG 335i Coupe

There is no option to remove them without removing the Zaino on the roof. The least invasive way to remove them is to try clay. If that doesn't work try some distilled vinegar, and if that doesn't work try a by-hand polish. The quick detailer will probably not work (it's Z6, not Z7).

The Mr Clean Auto Dry filter is ok, but I have never used it to try to mitigate hard water. It is possible the spots on your car were there before you washed it (dealer wash, rain, etc...).
Appreciate 0