E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wash, Wax, Detailing and Cosmetic protection/repairs > Car Cover

01-15-2007, 01:50 PM   #1
EricFother
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07 335i Coupe 6MT

Car Cover

I've ordered a 335i for deliver here in the U.K. I should have it a few months before I ship it back to the states. In those few months the car will be parked outside and I am thinking of ordering a car cover. My reasoning is that there are many cats in the neighborhood and I have seen plenty of paw marks on my car (UK spec ford...to tide me over till my BMW arrives). I'm thinking that a car cover is the best way to keep the paw (and more importantly CLAWS) off of my car. Am I subjecting myself to possible "scratches" by just using a car cover? By default...if a piece of fabric is touching the paint and being moved around by wind...isn't that bad? The two types of car covers are sold by the BMW dealer and one is listed as an Outdoor cover and the other is an Indoor one. I was planning to order the outdoor one, but at this time I have no further information. Anyone own a BMW Outdoor or Indoor car cover?

Delivered March 27, 2007
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2007, 03:16 PM   #2
m3power13
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 Stripper

Check out bavarian autosport (bavauto.com). I got a cover for my E36 here and it did a good job. They have a really good selection with a chart that shows the protective attributes of each cover.
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2007, 08:27 AM   #3
dawgdog
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2015 M3, 2016 GT3

The problem with car covers is it rains and they get wet and then what do you do? I had the cat issue with my Jet Black M3 and ended up putting a mattress sheet over the hood at night. In addition I would place a "scat matt" on top of the sheet, and this seemed to help. I own a car cover, but they are just not practicial to take on and off on a regular basis. But they are great to cover the car if you will be gone for a week or two.
      01-21-2007, 12:36 PM   #4
Clem
Major
Rep
Drives: 2010 E90 M3 AW/FR ESS VT2

I'm also shopping for a cover for my so-to-arrive 335 coupe. The Bavarian Autosport cover looks decent and the price is reasonable. Since I will be parking under a carport and just need something to keep the dust off. Waterproof isn't really a necessity. Any other recommendations?
Appreciate 0