E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis > Suspension setup advice needed!!!!

View Poll Results: Which setup?
H&R Sport Springs 0 0%
KW Coilovers 3 30.00%
Sonic Tunning Coilovers 3 30.00%
Koni Shocks + H&R Sports 1 10.00%
Other Coilover please state in thread! 3 30.00%
Other setup please state in thread! 0 0%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

12-21-2010, 02:26 AM   #1
STICKY335
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 335i Coupe

Lightbulb Suspension setup advice needed!!!!

So it's time to get down and dirty with my car and it needs a drop! so im looking into which suspension setup i want to go with... and i need your feedback!

If you could please post pics and give me a quick review of your setup i would really appreciate it!

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2010, 08:54 AM   #2
brocklanders
Major
Rep
Drives: the uno, mineral white

Garage List
06 325  [0.00]
it depends on what is most important to you. these cars from what ive noticed sit differently, i dont know if its wheel and tire setup or what. for instance my car with factory sport suspension had 2" of gap in the front and 1.5" in the rear, with eibach sportlines i now have 1" front and .5" rear, ive seen pro kits that looked lower in photos. coilovers will solve that problem for sure, so if gap is most important go with coils and put it were you want it and be done. my personal opinion is to stick with the top brands, i doubt anyone will dispute the quality of bilstien, koni, or olhins.
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2010, 10:35 AM   #3
subieworx
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 07 335

What are your goals? What are you going to do with the car? Until you answer these everything is just a shot in the dark.
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2010, 01:48 PM   #4
STICKY335
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 335i Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by subieworx View Post
What are your goals? What are you going to do with the car? Until you answer these everything is just a shot in the dark.
Quote:
Originally Posted by brocklanders View Post
it depends on what is most important to you. these cars from what ive noticed sit differently, i dont know if its wheel and tire setup or what. for instance my car with factory sport suspension had 2" of gap in the front and 1.5" in the rear, with eibach sportlines i now have 1" front and .5" rear, ive seen pro kits that looked lower in photos. coilovers will solve that problem for sure, so if gap is most important go with coils and put it were you want it and be done. my personal opinion is to stick with the top brands, i doubt anyone will dispute the quality of bilstien, koni, or olhins.

My wheel setup is the following, 19x8.5 in the front and 19x9.5 in the back im looking for a nice drop that will also not put my shocks at danger and im aware that most springs wear out the stock shocks... also to get a better ride quality in general.
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2010, 03:22 PM   #5
ModBargains.com
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: JB E92 335i

Chris, seeing how you're in California, I would recommend that you check out the Suspension Technique V1 (not Sonic Tuning as many do get this confused). Coming from the makers of KW suspension systems the only main difference between the ST Variant 1 and KW Variant 1 is the steel they use. While KW uses Stainless Steel for their shock housing, ST uses Galvanized Steel. However, this does not mean a drop in quality, durability, or appearance. Although coilovers that use galvanized steel are more prone to corrosion due to environmental influences (i.e. mixture of salt water); those in the lower states: California, Texas, Florida, Nevada, etc. don't have to worry about corrosion. Those in the mid to upper States that snow still don't have much to worry about as long as they do not drive in heavy snow conditions upon where salt is used on roads. to further ensure those with doubt about Galvanized Steel, ST has corrosion resistant zinc plating on all of their threaded strut housings for further protection.

The ST V1 is the ideal systems for customers wishing to rely on the experience of KW engineers, yet determine their own degree of lowering. In extensive driving tests our engineers have set the dampers for the best balance between sporty driving, comfort and safety. You will have the ability to adjust the height of the vehicle with pre-set damping form the engineers at KW.
Appreciate 0