E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wash, Wax, Detailing and Cosmetic protection/repairs > Zaino VS Dri-wash

03-16-2007, 06:20 PM   #1
jrios_jr
First Bimmer
United_States
Rep
Drives: 3333555

Zaino VS Dri-wash

i've heard that Dri-wash is one of the best products out there. BUT since i joined this forums i've heard that Zaino is the best products. My 04 530i has tiny little scratches everywhere... I'm not sure if which product would work best for me. can someone pleaes guide me. THank you very much for your time.
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2007, 06:49 PM   #2
wvtlo
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2003 Z4

jr,

I've been using dri-wash for over 10 years now and Zaino for less than a year. IMO they are two different products doing two different things. While dri-wash is quick, convenient, and does a nice job, it doesn't compare to a good waxin' with Zaino.

Dri-wash does a good job cleaning the car, getting off tar, etc, and produces a good shine. I do notice it has static properties which attracts dust somewhat. It repels water nicely for the first few rainfalls, but needs re-applying after that. Dri-wash again is very convenient...I keep a bottle and towel in the car for any 'emergencies'.

Zaino is easy to work with to get good shine and protection. I like their range of products and the car looks like sex on wheels when I'm done with it. The Zaino (Z5) will do a better job at hiding your swirls.

Hope this helps. Either way, enjoy your bimmer.
      03-20-2007, 03:32 AM   #3
jrios_jr
First Bimmer
United_States
Rep
Drives: 3333555

Quote:
Originally Posted by wvtlo View Post
jr,

I've been using dri-wash for over 10 years now and Zaino for less than a year. IMO they are two different products doing two different things. While dri-wash is quick, convenient, and does a nice job, it doesn't compare to a good waxin' with Zaino.

Dri-wash does a good job cleaning the car, getting off tar, etc, and produces a good shine. I do notice it has static properties which attracts dust somewhat. It repels water nicely for the first few rainfalls, but needs re-applying after that. Dri-wash again is very convenient...I keep a bottle and towel in the car for any 'emergencies'.

Zaino is easy to work with to get good shine and protection. I like their range of products and the car looks like sex on wheels when I'm done with it. The Zaino (Z5) will do a better job at hiding your swirls.

Hope this helps. Either way, enjoy your bimmer.

thank you very much for the reply. iv'e heard from other member that having a "PC" helps alot when applying the Zaino... i have no idea what a "PC" I guess i'll be buying the Zaino Z5. I have a metallic black and i have the Z5 is able to hide those swirls. Thank you very for your time
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2007, 06:18 AM   #4
wvtlo
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2003 Z4

PC is a Porter Cable random orbital buffer. There is alot of dicussion about it on the board...search and you'll find a whole day worth of reading. I'm debating whether to get the PC or not. I've kept my paint rather swirl free over the past year. Depending how bad the swirls are, you might need a PC. The PC can do alot more than your hand can. Good luck.